Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Diego takes a LOT of punishment! Martin landed so many shots. That last one hurt Diego's left cheekbone or something, his hand shot up immediately and the announcers went straight to Martin's hand being busted, what a punch.

I had Diego wining round 2 and 3. The replay showed kampmann buckle from a flurry in the 2nd and he was taken down in the third. Aside from the punch that broke his hand he did nothing in the third but get beat up.

I had Diego winning only the 2nd and I could have even seen that round being even. Sanchez landed 2 really solid shots and had one take down all night. All Kampmann. He picked Sanchez apart methodically and won that fight going away. He must have landed the last 5-6 shots of the last round. I guess Diego's aggressive style of coming forward and eating punches really works on judges.

BTW- They screwed Martin against Shields as well. Dana owes him big time.

I had Diego winning only the 2nd and I could have even seen that round being even. Sanchez landed 2 really solid shots and had one take down all night. All Kampmann. He picked Sanchez apart methodically and won that fight going away. He must have landed the last 5-6 shots of the last round. I guess Diego's aggressive style of coming forward and eating punches really works on judges.

BTW- They screwed Martin against Shields as well. Dana owes him big time.

yeah 2 screw jobs in a row for Kampmann. I just read an article where Dana gave $60,000 to both for fight of the night, $10k more than KO & Sub of the night, and on top of that gave both Diego and Kampmann $100,000 on top of it. He also was quoted as saying "Kampmann got a lose on his record, but there where no losers in that fight" so if that is true, who do you give a title shot to first? I go with Kampmann, that guy is a great fighter, where Diego just strikes me as a guy who is crazy as f*** and can take a beating. that fight looked like a trained fighter fighting a meth head, the fighter was great but the meth head had inhuman like stamina and would not go down. A guy who wins fights by being able to sustain beatings and never gets knocked out does not impress me as a fight fan.

I thought Diego won the second and third as well.

Martin fought a great fight but he was clearly countering, and not trying to finish the fight, while Diego was coming foward, pushing the pace, and trying to end the fight with every punch.

Bottom line in my eyes Martin got rocked twoce in the 2nd....in the third got taken down, hit with heavy shots, and then ran for about the 2 minutes. The entire fight he was backpedling, countering, and trying to point out a decision. I thought the right guy won the fight but like Dana says if you dont like judging then end the fight....there was only one fighter trying to do that and it was not Martin.

Botht the guys stock will rise after this though so really even though Martin took a loss he will get another name guy.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 04:37 PM ----------

yeah 2 screw jobs in a row for Kampmann. I just read an article where Dana gave $60,000 to both for fight of the night, $10k more than KO & Sub of the night, and on top of that gave both Diego and Kampmann $100,000 on top of it. He also was quoted as saying "Kampmann got a lose on his record, but there where no losers in that fight" so if that is true, who do you give a title shot to first? I go with Kampmann, that guy is a great fighter, where Diego just strikes me as a guy who is crazy as f*** and can take a beating. that fight looked like a trained fighter fighting a meth head, the fighter was great but the meth head had inhuman like stamina and would not go down. A guy who wins fights by being able to sustain beatings and never gets knocked out does not impress me as a fight fan.

Being able to take punishment is part of fighting....why do you think Liddel cant fight anymore? Lost of fighters have made careers off of taking beatings and pulling out wins (Scott Smith and Big Nog are two that come to mind)

I also think its a little disrespectful to call Diego a methhead....the guy is a highly trained fighter....he even said it himself that he threw the game plan out the window and turn it into a streetfight bottom line I thought he won...he obviously had more heart and gutted it out. Martin is highly skilled but you could see him visably wilt with the pressure, and then when he hurt his hand he ran....that says to me that he does not have half the heart of Diego. Everyone like to poke fun at Faber but when he broke both of his hands against Mike Brown he kept fighting, was trying to wing elbows, and tried to lock in a submission grabbing his broken hands....against Aldo when he couldnt even walk in between rds he never though about quitting, he kept getting off the stool and trying to fight. Bottom line I got alot more respect for guys who throwdown under the worst circumnstances and never quit versus a highly skilled guy who wilts at the first sign of trouble.

i'm not saying it was robbery, because i don't think it was, but i still think Kampmann won that fight after watching it 3 more times.

more disturbing to me is judges seemingly just giving credit to any fighter moving forward and throwing punches, regardless of how few of those punches actually land (i.e. just about the last 5 Leonard Garcia fights)

aggression looks good, but ineffective aggression shouldn't be rewarded

Edited by StillUnknown

Good morning, fellow MMA fans

michael_bisping_dan_henderson.jpg

Hoping that the winner is Hendo via Michael Bisping KO tonight! One can hope, but Fejao is a great matchup! Would love to see Hendo win another major strap before he calls it a career. Expecting a very close fight tonight. Prediction - Pain. Hendo by split decision!

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Hoping that the winner is Hendo via Michael Bisping KO tonight! One can hope, but Fejao is a great matchup! Would love to see Hendo win another major strap before he calls it a career. Expecting a very close fight tonight. Prediction - Pain. Hendo by split decision!

Feijao is a bad mofo. He took care of King Mo with ease. I hope Hendo brings his lunch box.

I'm not sure why, but my mind has been telling me Feijao will be the first to stop Hendo with strikes. Feijao is in the right camp for Hendo, both Nog's and Anderson have beat him so they should know his game pretty well. Now that I've gone out on that limb, Feijao will probably eat a right hand in the 30secs :ols:

on a sidenote, Bellator debuts tonight on MTV2 at 9pm(est)