Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Feijao is a bad mofo. He took care of King Mo with ease. I hope Hendo brings his lunch box.

Hendo isn't too soft, either. :ols: He took care of quite a few people with ease. It's really hard to break down a prediction when both guys pack so much damn power.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

What a great week for MMA.....UFC on Versus....then tonite we have Bellator and Strikeforce....I would like to see Hendo win but Feijao is a monster and this is not going to be an easy fight for Hendo....If he can keep it standing I think he has got a great shot.

Hendo isn't too soft, either. :ols: He took care of quite a few people with ease. It's really hard to break down a prediction when both guys pack so much damn power.

You know exactly what I meant, Strokes. :mad: Hendo's getting old.

You know exactly what I meant, Strokes. :mad: Hendo's getting old.

I don't know brother, Hendo has never been a speed guy - and that's usually the first thing that goes. Power is usually the last, and that's Hendo's game. I do believe him when he says the weight cut is what attributed to him gassing against Shields. Some people lose their mojo in their lower-30s, and some don't until they're in their 40s. Obviously, Hendo is one of those special cases. Will he hit the wall tonight? Who knows? Here's to hoping he hits chin instead.

This is a spoiler from the undercard tonight, hope to see this fight:

Jason Riley vs. Jay Freeman

Round 1

Freeman and Riley feel each other out for a bit as referee Kyle Wheeler looks on. Freeman lands a low kick but is countered with a huge right hand by Riley that fells the big man. Riley pounces and a stoppage looks immanent. Wheeler allows Freeman to try to fight his way back into the bout and he locks up his guard as Riley continues to pummel him. Freeman wriggles free as soon as the onslaught subsides and gets back to his feet. Riley looks for another big shot but Freeman catches him on his way in with a right of his own. Riley crumples to the mat and Freeman hammers him with punches until Riley submits at 1:52, giving Freeman an unthinkable come-from-behind win.

(Jay Freeman's nickname is "Charles Manson III" :wtf:)

I don't know brother, Hendo has never been a speed guy - and that's usually the first thing that goes. Power is usually the last, and that's Hendo's game. I do believe him when he says the weight cut is what attributed to him gassing against Shields. Some people lose their mojo in their lower-30s, and some don't until they're in their 40s. Obviously, Hendo is one of those special cases. Will he hit the wall tonight? Who knows? Here's to hoping he hits chin instead.

Yeah go Dan go. Gotta love the Pride champs. I'll always root for them.

That girl fight was more fun than I thought it would be.

While waiting for strikeforce to get the fighters in the ring I looked at the UFC 129 fight card and WOW! GSP v Shields (obviously) but you also have Couture fighting Machida, Jose Aldo, Ben Hednerson, and Nate Diaz. Didn't realize so many fighters I like were on the same card.

Round 1: 10-9 Feijao

Round 2: 10-9 Henderson

edit:

Round 3: KO Henderson Wins!

Henderson adds a chapter to his legendary career.

(Feijao was afraid of him and had no confidence in this fight)

Edited by Destino

Hendo has always been dangerous.....great wrestling and submission defense, with a huge right hand and your going to beat alot of people....Good for him. Overall it was a pretty good nite of fights....Bellator and Strikeforce, although I hope to see some more "professionalism" coming out of Bellator....you can not show up for live televised fights, with a bunch of hype and have just about every fighter gas in a round and a half. If they want to have any relevance with MMA fans other than a tournament format then they have to come in shape in order to put on a good fight.

that faceplant was hilarious

That's what knocked him out. I think the punch stumbled him backwards, Hendo gave him a little shove, and then the mat knocked him out.

Congrats to Hendo. Gotta be scary fighting that guy and just seeing that right hand ready to go the whole time.

---------- Post added March-6th-2011 at 12:34 PM ----------

I was thinking about the BJ-Fitch fight and the scoring system and had an idea to add in the criteria:

Reward attempts to finish the fight, and punish missed opportunities to finish the fight. For example, BJ should get credit for throwing a flying knee that would have ended the fight if it landed, and credit for the multiple choke attempts. All those ending up hurting him in the long run because Fitch escaped and ended up in dominate positions, but BJ should get "points" for attempting to finish the fight. Conversely, while Fitch should absolutely get credit for gaining top position in the third and maintaining it for a couple minutes, he should then start getting docked for not even attempting to pass guard or do anything that would result in finishing an opponent. With that scoring in place Fitch easily gets a 10-9 round in the third, not a 10-8. 10-8 should be when a fighter really should have been finished but miraculously stays alive.

What do you guys think?

i like your idea in theory, but it requires of alot of assumptions by judges, a unit that that leaves a lot to be desired right now. you can't ask a judge to assume that if a strike landed it would've ended the fight. the fact is, we can only speculate about shots that miss

i'm with you on docking fighters for not improving their position. frankly, i would love to see Pride's yellow card system be brought to the UFC