Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I like a ground game as much as the next person, I like seeing a guy take another guy down, ground and pound, go for subs etc. However Fitch only does the take down...sure he was GNPing but he stayed in Bjs guard the entire time...he was not trying to finish the fight at any point, while Bj on the other hand was trying for two rounds to finish Fitch.

I like to see a good fight, but a guy holding a guy down and never trying to advance is position, never go for a sub, and never trying to finish is not excititing to me. Just an opinion

I like a ground game as much as the next person, I like seeing a guy take another guy down, ground and pound, go for subs etc. However Fitch only does the take down...sure he was GNPing but he stayed in Bjs guard the entire time...he was not trying to finish the fight at any point, while Bj on the other hand was trying for two rounds to finish Fitch.

I like to see a good fight, but a guy holding a guy down and never trying to advance is position, never go for a sub, and never trying to finish is not excititing to me. Just an opinion

I'm not really a fan of Fitch either. I can respect that most guys not named St. Pierre don't have an answer for his style, but I agree that he could go for more finishes. I think he could've passed BJ's guard in that third round if he wanted to but I think he was concerned about losing top position, knowing that staying where he was at and doing enough to not warrant a standup would likely win him that round.

BJ had the right gameplan against him: be aggressive, take him down and work top position/subs yourself. I just don't think BJ had the cardio to keep it up for three rounds which seems to be his downfall.

According to that, BJ got pimp-slapped all over the cage. The fight just didn't play out that way. No arguing with the numbers though.

Yeah, I think most of them are from the third round, even though a lot of those shots were hitting BJ's arms and hands.

Hey #98, you ever roll/spar with Zach Davis? Dude is on this coming season of TUF. He's out of Rockville, MD (my hometown) and trains at Lloyd Irvin's. Same age as me, as well. Trying to find out if I ever competed against him in any sports, but can't find much more background other than the fact that he went to Blair HS. Gotta start asking old buddies of mine (who are friends with him on Facebook) how they know him.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Hey #98, you ever roll/spar with Zach Davis? Dude is on this coming season of TUF. He's out of Rockville, MD (my hometown) and trains at Lloyd Irvin's. Same age as me, as well. Trying to find out if I ever competed against him in any sports, but can't find much more background other than the fact that he went to Blair HS. Gotta start asking old buddies of mine (who are friends with him on Facebook) how they know him.

I've never trained with him, but I've definitely heard of him. Check out this story from back in November:

http://www.mmaindc.com/zach-davis-shogun-fights-3/

He was told he'd never be able to fight again because of a torn retina, but took some time off, got better and came back and RNC'd his opponent a year later. Pretty cool story.

Michael Bisping is almost certain to face disciplinary action from the UFC following the heated scenes that took place immediately after his second-round win over Jorge Rivera at UFC 127 on Saturday night.

What should have been a moment of triumph for Bisping turned ugly as he castigated a prone Rivera, shouted at the TKO’d man’s corner team and then spat in the direction of one of them. Fans - never slow to jump on Bisping anyway - were in uproar and it seems the UFC has taken note.

“He is in trouble!” UFC president Dana White texted to Fighters Only today when we asked for clarification of the situation. Previous reports had suggested Bisping will face a fine or suspension, though these did not cite a source.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6332

pretty excited for shogun-bones. anyone going?

i wish i could get back to the area to go to that card, its pretty solid down the line (Barboza/Njokuani is the fight i want to see most besides the main event. should be a great stand up fight for as long as it lasts)

as for the shogun/bones, i still can't narrow my prediction for that fight. I'm seeing like 20 different possibilities for that fight

Edited by StillUnknown

Also rumored on the Strikeforce April card is Melendez vs Kawajiri, Aoki vs Takaya, Mousasi vs Kyle, and KJ Noons.

You can thank Josh Barnett for the HWGP being pushed back since he skipped his commission hearing in California. The June card right now is set to be in Dallas.

I thought it was rumored Roger vs mousasi for April 9? March is a good month for mma. Also, is takaya gonna go up a weight class and fight aoki? I think I might go to this card since it's suppose to be in LA.

Actually it is right outside San Diego. I'm going to do my best, but that is a terrible day for me to get out of work on.

UFC on Versus 3 quick picks:

Bowles over Page: Bowles has submitted him once before, and I think Bowles has more ways to win this fight

Weidman over Sakara: Weidman is supposed to be one of the better prospects in mma. he doesn't have much experience, but it shouldn't hurt him against Sakara who's a 1 trick pony. Weidman's got great credentials in wrestling, he should be able to win this one the ground (Weidman put up a great fight against Galvao in a grappling match despite only being a purple belt I think)

Munoz over Dolloway: I just can't bring myself to pick Dolloway anytime he fights

Sanchez over Kampmann: I could see this one going either way. I expect Kampmann to control the fight while its standing, but I also expect Diego's relentlessness to net him takedown after takedown which will give him the rounds necessary to win.

Edited by StillUnknown