Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Randy wanted it. He has wanted to fight Machida for a while. Remember when he "retired" a few months ago for about a week? That was designed to convince Dana to give him the Machida fight. I guess he thinks that Machida is a good style matchup for him, but I really don't see it.

As far as padding his record at this point in his career, that is what he should probably be focusing on, but he is hoping for one more run. Again, i just don't see it.

Randy wanted it. He has wanted to fight Machida for a while. Remember when he "retired" a few months ago for about a week? That was designed to convince Dana to give him the Machida fight. I guess he thinks that Machida is a good style matchup for him, but I really don't see it.

As far as padding his record at this point in his career, that is what he should probably be focusing on, but he is hoping for one more run. Again, i just don't see it.

I didn't know that. So I have to take back what I said about Dana. I guess he was indeed trying to spare Couture's life and Randy played hardball to get the fight. I shouldn't question a man like Couture about what he thinks is a good fight for him.... but I am.

I shouldn't question a man like Couture about what he thinks is a good fight for him.

This sums up my thoughts on it. Randy is one of the smartest fighters of all time. He must see something in Machida he thinks he can easily take advantage of. The problem is that he is getting older and older, and it is hard to see when you've lost a step. He might see a hole in Machida's game, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to take advantage of it. Should be an interesting fight.

I'm surprised to hear that from such a BJ homer as yourself. :silly:

I'll be rooting hard for my guy. It's just that I've come to the same conclusion everyone else has about BJ Penn. If you train harder than him and avoid his big shots, you can wear him down. wearing people down is what Jon Fitch does best. I hope BJ brings the cannon and brings back the BJJ.

Wow...Arianni....my gawd. She looks so good in a bikini, I am not sure if I can handle seeing her in anything less.

I have a Playboy subscription and was pleasantly surprised to see her on the cover a few months back...all I can say is :cloud9:

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 11:06 AM ----------

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6160153

*Edit, just saw this too:

Paul Daley fails to make weight

By Josh Gross

ESPN.com

Paul Daley failed to make the welterweight limit for a British Association of Mixed Martial Arts championship bout versus Yuya Shirai in Manchester, England, prompting the promotion to change Saturday evening's headliner at MEN Arena to a three-round non-title affair.

After stepping on the scale two pounds over the 170-pound mark, Daley was given an hour to shed the excess weight. He remained heavy by just under half a pound.

"Even though our fights are in an unregulated country, we've made the decision that this will not be a title fight because we adhere to the unified rules of this great sport," said Ashley Bothwell, managing director of BAMMA.

According to a representative for Daley, limited access to a sauna near the weigh-in location complicated the fighter's cut. However, the 28-year-old Brit has a reputation for missing the mark when he steps on a scale. Friday's incident marks the fifth time in Daley's last 11 bouts that he did not make his contractual limit.

"I apologize to Shirai and the fans for missing weight," Daley said in a statement. "Although the fight is three rounds now I only need one round to knock him out. The fans came to see me win the title but I promise them, title or not, I'll win this fight and win it in style."

Still, a major prize remains at stake for Daley (26-9-2). Victory over Shirai (20-8), the current DEEP welterweight champion, would set Daley up to challenge Strikeforce titleholder Nick Diaz, perhaps as soon as April.

"I'm going after Diaz and I want to send him out the message that I mean business with my performance tomorrow night," Daley said.

The evening's co-main event was also marred when former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez missed his mark against James McSweeney. They were set to meet at a contracted limit of 215 pounds.

Josh Gross covers mixed martial arts for ESPN.com.

Edited by #98QBKiller

UFC 127 - Penn vs. Linus:

Fisher (UD)

Noke (RNC RD3)

Lytle (TKO RD1)

George Sotioropoulos vs. Dennis Siver: Good test for G.Sot, but I think he's more well rounded than Siver. He'll find the holes and exploit them if he doesn't get his bell rung.

Sotioropolous (UD)

Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera: Bisping's upright tentative backpedaling when he's being attacked is key here. His active footwork and (Goldie Voice): PUNCHES IN BUNCHES will definitely frustrate people. Rivera can't get caught up in that, he needs to chase this squirrel. Upset pick.

Rivera (KO RD3)

BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch: This is just a very bad matchup for BJ. He's not exactly known for his cardio, and Fitch stamps people to the mat like nobody else. If BJ is unsuccessful working from his guard, he could be breathing heavily by the second. BJ is obviously always dangerous, but Fitch is an endurance machine who is bigger and stronger. Rooting for BJ, but taking Fitch.

Fitch (UD)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

127: The Penn Is Mightier Than The Blanket

G.Sot vs. Siver: I think Sot has improved his standup enough to remain out of danger against Siver. Sot will eventually get this to the ground where he will pass Siver's guard approximately 211 times before submitting him

G.Sot by Submission, 2nd Round

Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera: Rivera only beats mediocre fighters. I'm not a fan of Bisping at all, but he should have no problems in this fight if he uses his movement and if he throws in a takedown or two. Bisping has almost 0 power, but he keeps a good pace which should allow him to look good to the judges. Again, Bisping is far from elite, but he's a little better than good. Look at Rivera's record, everytime he has fought a better than good fighter, he's lost. I hope he cracks Bisping's jaw, but I can't predict it will happen

Bisping by Unanimous Decision

Jon Fitch vs. BJ Penn: I'm going against conventional wisdom on this one. I think BJ's standup & takedown defense will be enough to get him past Fitch. Fitch is exceptional at what he does, but its a straight forward game. I'm thinking that BJ will have a gameplan to counter the grinding style that Fitch will want to implement. I'm going to go with Penn landing enough early to make Fitch weary about getting too close, which should give Penn the extra time necessary to prepare his takedown defense. I realize a typical Fitch performance is more than likely, but the fan is overriding the analyst for this pick

Penn by Split Decision

Edited by StillUnknown

George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver:This should be a pretty entertaining fight. I like both of these guys, especially Sotiropoulos. I think Siver is entertaining but he'll be more of a "gatekeeper." I think Sotiropoulos is going places though. If Sot can avoid one of those spinning back kicks, I think he's slick enough to get a late sub.

Sot by armbar Round 3

Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera:In the back of my mind I really think Bisping will make this a snoozer and win via UD, because he's not going to want to get into an exchange with Rivera but but I'm picking Rivera to catch him early, which would make my night

Rivera by KO Round 1

BJ Penn vs. Jon Fitch:I would love to see BJ Penn do to Fitch what he did to Matt Hughes, but I think Fitch's top game is too good and he's not going to stand with BJ for very long. It's entirely possible that BJ comes out strong and puts Fitch down with his boxing, but I'm going with the safe pick here and picking Fitch to be a wet blanket all night.

Fitch by UD

BTW, I glanced by this thread title in the Stadium and thought someone was giving SU a shoutout:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?344674-Philly.com-Sports-McNabb-s-status-still-unknown

Edited by #98QBKiller