Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I hope Hazelett still stays on the card...I have been waiting to see him back in the cage for a while. Although if that happens it will not be against someone as competitive as Karo.

i dont think theres enough time to get hazelett an opponent

sucks because i'm a fan of his. at least he's still getting paid

From Sherdog...

Karo Parisyan has withdrawn from his UFC 106 bout against Dustin Hazelett, according to UFC President Dana White.

In his first Twitter message, White wrote that “Karo Parisyan has f---ed over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!”

In a second message, White stated that Parisyan “Pulled out of the fight the day before weigh ins again with a laundry list of excuses!!! Let the press ask karo why! Let him explain.”

“Let him say what he wants,” Parisyan texted to Sherdog.com before declining further comment.

The welterweight contest between Parisyan and Hazelett was scheduled for the UFC 106 main card. White said on Twitter that Hazelett will be paid his show and win purses.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Parisyan-Out-of-UFC-106-21058

Just wanted to comment on the WEC fights from last night. Pretty good card, I enjoyed most of the fights they showed. Aldo is a freakin beast. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters.

I'm upset about not seeing hazelett as well. He has been fun to watch and has some very good subs. I was hoping for a sub vs Karo. Wonder what happened?

Just wanted to comment on the WEC fights from last night. Pretty good card, I enjoyed most of the fights they showed. Aldo is a freakin beast. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters.

I'm upset about not seeing hazelett as well. He has been fun to watch and has some very good subs. I was hoping for a sub vs Karo. Wonder what happened?

could've had something to do with him not paying a 32k fine from the last time he was suspended

i think dana is pissed because he had like 9 months to pay the fine and only brought it to dana's attention today

Edited by StillUnknown

How about you say whatever you want, Karo? Lets hear it. There are plenty of Dana haters that want to believe you. What's the deal?

My money is on him being on his period again. Awesome that Dana is still paying Dustin a full winning purse. If there are no submissions on the card Dustin should get the Sub of the Night bonus too. lol. Dustin by submission via pouring sand in Karo's vagina.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10042&zoneid=13

Keith Kizer, the Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said Karo Parisyan was cleared to fight Dustin Hazelett at UFC 106 this Saturday.

Kizer was unaware that Parisyan had been removed from the card when contacted by MMAWeekly shortly before the pre-fight press conference for UFC 106.

“That’s news to me,” he said. “No one’s told me anything otherwise. As far as I know, he was still on the card as of this morning.”

On Tuesday afternoon, White posted a fiery message on his official Twitter account, saying, “Karo Parisyan has (expletive) over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again! He will not be fighting Saturday or ever again in the UFC!”

Moments after the message, Parisyan told MMAWeekly he had been removed from the card because he didn’t pay a $32,000 fine he owed to the NSAC as punishment for testing positive for banned painkillers after his UFC 94 fight with Dong Hyun Kim.

“That has nothing to do with it,” said Kizer. “He was going to pay the fine out of this purse.”

Kizer said he had reached an agreement with Parisyan to take $16,000 from his $40,000 show purse for Saturday’s fight. If Parisyan won, an additional $16,000 would be taken from his win purse, which was also $40,000.

“If he lost or had a draw, we’d get 16 out of his next fight,” said Kizer.

The executive director said he spoke with Parisyan on Monday and the fighter said he was suffering from leg pain.

“He said, ‘is there any way I could take something stronger than Tylenol?’” recalled Kizer. “I said not without our doctor saying okay.”

Parisyan has long suffered pain in his hamstring after badly tearing it in preparation for a title fight with Matt Hughes at UFC 56. The Armenian-American fighter said he took strong pain medication to deal with the injury.

Kizer asked Parisyan to have the doctor treating him for the leg injury to contact the NSAC’s doctor to see whether Parisyan could take something stronger for the pain without using a banned substance. He never heard from Parisyan’s doctor.

After hearing of White’s message, Parisyan told MMAWeekly his career is in serious jeopardy.

“Everything is over, bro,” he said. “I’m just going to go home. Everything’s (expletive) up…I’ve got to think about what I want to do for my career.”

Strikeforce Challengers card tomorrow at 11pm on Showtime

MAIN CARD

* Tyron Woodley (171) vs. Rudy Bears (170)

* Kim Couture (136) vs. Kerry Vera (135)

* Erik Apple (170.5) vs. Bobby Voelker (170)

* Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (205) vs. Aaron Rosa (206)

* Kevin Casey (185) vs. Chad Vance (185)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Lee Gibson (155) vs. Joe Wilk (155.5)

* Brian Davidson (147) vs. Russell Patrick (144)*

* Nick Nolte (171) vs. Andrew Walters (171)

* Darryl Cobb (184) vs. Gary Tapasua (185)

* Rich Bouphanouvong (164) vs. Mike Chandler (166)

* Dominic Brown (190) vs. Lucas Lopes (191.4)+

* - Davidson weighed one pound over the 146-pound allowance, but the fight will go on as scheduled.

+ - Lopes weighed four-tenths of a pound over the 191-pound allowance, but the fight will go on as scheduled.

the last challengers card had some pretty good fights. Woodley is one of the best prospects in MMA.

Vera/Couture, the female version, should be interesting

Tickets for the Fight Night event at George Mason go on sale on Saturday morning. Anyone else here planning to go?

I think I'm going. I would be definitely going, but my girlfriend dropped some serious hints that she was going to get me tickets for my birthday, so I can't buy them when they go on sale. So hopefully I'm there!:cool:

I don't know if I could be any less excited for Tito/Forrest 2.

I am interested in Anthony Johnson/Josh Koscheck, Cane/Lil Nog, and maybe even the Paulo Thiago fight even though I don't know much about his opponent.

And Slacky, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy tix to the Patriot Center event. Any chance they will sell out quickly you think?

I don't know if I could be any less excited for Tito/Forrest 2.

I am interested in Anthony Johnson/Josh Koscheck, Cane/Lil Nog, and maybe even the Paulo Thiago fight even though I don't know much about his opponent.

And Slacky, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy tix to the Patriot Center event. Any chance they will sell out quickly you think?

i'm with you on this one. i have no interest in seeing Tito/Forrest 2

luckily this is one of the stronger undercards from top to bottom. i really want to see Koscheck/Rumble, Lil Nog/Cane. Karo/Hazelett would've been pretty good as well

I'm really torn on whether or not to order this event. There are simply too many PPV events now and I'm getting pickier by the month. I'm intrigued by the undercard but I don't know if I'm gonna pay for this one. No way I'd have ordered the last one if it were not on Spike.

I'm really torn on whether or not to order this event. There are simply too many PPV events now and I'm getting pickier by the month. I'm intrigued by the undercard but I don't know if I'm gonna pay for this one. No way I'd have ordered the last one if it were not on Spike.

I've been debating it too. There are definitely more fights I'm interested in on this one than the last but that's still not saying a lot. There's no way I would've paid for that last card. I guess I'll wait and see how I'm feeling tomorrow because I'm truly on the fence about it.

i'm with you on this one. i have no interest in seeing Tito/Forrest 2

The only thing I am interested in is seeing if it really is a different Tito after having back surgery. He was pretty slow and not very explosive in his last few fights before surgery. Supposedly that is a lot better, but I have learned in the MMA world not to necessarily believe everything I hear.

A good performance by Tito could be a nice shot in the arm for the UFC after all of the fight shuffling and cancellations.

I also want to see Forrest get punched in the face a few times after his his actions and interviews directly after and the months following the Silva loss.

I am ordering it, but I am not hugely excited by it. Like a lot of you, I am more excited for a few of the undercard fights.

Off topic, is anyone hearing anything about Dan Henderson? I read his chat yesterday on ESPN.com, and he really did not say anything. He understandably sounded a little bitter about not getting the title shot but still talked about his desire to fight him. If he goes to SF, that fight is never going to happen.

He is 39...he can't sit on the sidelines for too long. I would think that all of the injuries would encourage Dana to step up and get a deal done. But I can't imagine that the banning of Clinch Gear helps negotiations.

The only thing I am interested in is seeing if it really is a different Tito after having back surgery. He was pretty slow and not very explosive in his last few fights before surgery. Supposedly that is a lot better, but I have learned in the MMA world not to necessarily believe everything I hear.

A good performance by Tito could be a nice shot in the arm for the UFC after all of the fight shuffling and cancellations.

I also want to see Forrest get punched in the face a few times after his his actions and interviews directly after and the months following the Silva loss.

I am ordering it, but I am not hugely excited by it. Like a lot of you, I am more excited for a few of the undercard fights.

Off topic, is anyone hearing anything about Dan Henderson? I read his chat yesterday on ESPN.com, and he really did not say anything. He understandably sounded a little bitter about not getting the title shot but still talked about his desire to fight him. If he goes to SF, that fight is never going to happen.

He is 39...he can't sit on the sidelines for too long. I would think that all of the injuries would encourage Dana to step up and get a deal done. But I can't imagine that the banning of Clinch Gear helps negotiations.

Okay card at best. Probably watch it at a bar.

What specifically did Forrest do that pissed you off so much? Just curious. Aside from acting like a little ***** when he lost, of course.

What specifically did Forrest do that pissed you off so much? Just curious. Aside from acting like a little ***** when he lost, of course.

He said some pretty ridiculous things to some reporters a few months after the fight. It is not like they were ridiculing him for his actions, they were just asking him about it.

If he did not want to talk about it, don't grant the interview. And, hell, it was like two months after the fight. You lost to who might be the best fighter in the world. Get over it. I perfectly understand being upset after the fight and a reasonable amount afterward. But a great fighter has to have a short memory.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Griffin-not-ready-to-talk-about-UFC-101-says-he?urn=mma,192572

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/02/forrest-griffin-discusses-marriage-anderson-silva-loss-next-uf/

And he is talking about not wanting to talk to people...when he giving interviews. You can't have it both ways.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says about being a role model and general parenting. But it just seems like he is bashing a lot of the people that have made him a lot of money.

If he does not want the fame and recognition, he is probably in the wrong profession. The funny thing is, he is the guy that brought a lot of people to the sport in the first place.

I don't actually have a lot against the guy, but I just think he needs to let the Silva loss go, or it will be there every time he walks into the cage.

He said some pretty ridiculous things to some reporters a few months after the fight. It is not like they were ridiculing him for his actions, they were just asking him about it.

If he did not want to talk about it, don't grant the interview. And, hell, it was like two months after the fight. You lost to who might be the best fighter in the world. Get over it. I perfectly understand being upset after the fight and a reasonable amount afterward. But a great fighter has to have a short memory.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Griffin-not-ready-to-talk-about-UFC-101-says-he?urn=mma,192572

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/02/forrest-griffin-discusses-marriage-anderson-silva-loss-next-uf/

And he is talking about not wanting to talk to people...when he giving interviews. You can't have it both ways.

I actually agree with a lot of what he says about being a role model and general parenting. But it just seems like he is bashing a lot of the people that have made him a lot of money.

If he does not want the fame and recognition, he is probably in the wrong profession. The funny thing is, he is the guy that brought a lot of people to the sport in the first place.

I don't actually have a lot against the guy, but I just think he needs to let the Silva loss go, or it will be there every time he walks into the cage.

I had seen that one live interview, but never read the other transcript. He sounds kind of like an arrogant prick in the latter. He's definitely one of those guys that has deep emotional problems. I hope he wins just so I can sleep after the fight knowing that he won't off himself. :doh:

He's definitely one of those guys that has deep emotional problems.

I think the same thing. Which is why I think he needed some time off...probably more than he got. I thought the same thing about Rampage after he went off on his tirade. Who knows, but it seems like he might have a few issues that need to be worked out.