Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Then he calls out Hardy while dissing his own team mate. The guy is a straight-up douche if you ask me. I've never liked him, despite respecting his fighting prowess.

that part wasn't cool. i understand him trying to hype himself into title contention, but dont do it at the expense of your teammate

Also, I absolutely believe that when he poked Johnson in the eye, it was intentional. The slo-mo showed him extend his fingers after measuring the distance between his closed fist and Johnson's eye.

Yup. Fight changed after that as well. If you watch it, it's clear that Johnson could no longer see attacks on that side as he immediately takes punches and a kick from that side.

Kos is king douchebag. Frankly I hope he does get a title shot because I enjoy watching him get his ass kicked.

Kos was a big baby and I'm tired of him.

I had hoped that Thiago Alves and Paulo Thiago had knocked some humility into him. I honestly thought he was a little better after his last few wins, and then he pulls this garbage. And now he will start whining again about how he does not know why the fans boo him....

that part wasn't cool. i understand him trying to hype himself into title contention, but dont do it at the expense of your teammate

Turns out it was just molting and there is a smaller (regular sized) head underneath trying to get out. Completely natural for his species.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16972/ufc-106-medical-suspensions-griffin-cane-davis-and-dent-suspended-up-to-six-months.mma

The Nevada State Athletic Commission issued medical suspensions to 10 competitors from this past weekend's UFC 106 card, and Forrest Griffin, Luiz Cane, Marcus Davis and Jason Dent could all be out of action for up to six months for everything from broken noses to a foot injury.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently requested and today received the full list of suspensions from the NSAC.

UFC 106 took place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and aired on Spike TV and then pay-per-view.

Griffin, who edged Tito Ortiz via split decision in the night's headliner, could be out until Mat 21 due to a possible right foot injury. However, if X-rayed and cleared by a doctor, Griffin can return early from the suspension.

The same goes for Cane (possible right orbital fracture) and Davis and Dent (broken noses). However, all the above fighters except Dent were issued mandatory medical suspensions of two months or less.

The full list of suspensions includes:

• Forrest Griffin: Suspended until May 21 due to a right foot injury but can be cleared early by a doctor; regardless, minimum suspension until Dec. 22 with no contact during training until Dec. 13
  • Anthony Johnson: Suspended until Dec. 22 with no contact until Dec. 13 for precautionary reasons
  • Paulo Thiago: Suspended until Dec. 22 with no contact until Dec. 13 due to nasal-bridge cut
  • Jacob Volkmann: Suspended until Dec. 6 due to scalp and nasal-brudge cuts
  • Luiz Cane: Suspended until May 21 due to possible right orbital fracture but can be cleared early by an oral, maxilla and facial doctor; regardless, minimum suspension until Jan. 6 with no contact during training until Dec. 22
  • Phil Baroni: Suspended until Jan. 6 with no contact until Dec. 22 due to left eyebrow and scalp lacerations
  • Marcus Davis: Suspended until May 21 due to a broken nose but can be cleared early by a doctor; regardless, suspended until Jan. 6 with no conact until Dec. 22 due to multiple cuts
  • Brock Larson: Suspended until May 21 due to a broken nose but can be cleared early by a doctor; regardless, suspended until Jan. 21 with no conact until Jan. 6 due to multiple cuts
  • George Sotiropoulos: Suspended until Dec. 22 with no contact until Dec. 13 due to cut over left eyebrow
  • Jason Dent: Suspended until May 21 due to a possible left knee injury but can be cleared early by an orthopedic doctor

somehow Tito's "cracked skull" escaped the medical suspensions :hysterical:

Given his medical suspension, I'm thinking Forrest vs. Lil' Nog should be set up for early 2010, I think Nog takes the fight but Forrest would give him some good competition and a victory of Forrest would put Nog in the title picture IMO, just for beating the name "Forrest Griffin."

Given his medical suspension, I'm thinking Forrest vs. Lil' Nog should be set up for early 2010, I think Nog takes the fight but Forrest would give him some good competition and a victory of Forrest would put Nog in the title picture IMO, just for beating the name "Forrest Griffin."

I'd certainly like to see that fight. I was really impressed with Lil Nog. I thought he would win, but sometimes he does not have that killer instinct that he certainly showed on Saturday night. And how can you not root for either of those guys (the Nogueiras)?

Edited by lovetoaster

I'd certainly like to see that fight. I was really impressed with Lil Nog. I thought he would win, but sometimes he does not have that killer instinct that he certainly showed on Saturday night. And how can you not root for either of those guys (the Nogueiras)?

Definitely hard to root against them. They've always been two of my favorite fighters, especially Big Nog. I'm ready to see him fight Velasquez BTW. I hope he gets better soon.

i think Lil Nog should get the winner of Rashad/Thiago (of course if rashad wins & rampage comes back that changes)

then the winner of that Lil Nog vs. Rashad/Thiago should get next title shot after Shogun

then again if Machida still has the belt, that might be a problem as Lil Nog is apart of the same team

it makes me hope Shogun actually gets the decision this time around. i wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of Shogun/Lil Nog. their first fight was an undeniable classic

Edited by StillUnknown

White revealed that doctors told Lesnar, he's been dealing with the condition for over a year and that he's only been operating at 60-percent of his potential:

"That's a lot [expletive] scary. He's at 60-percent of his potential? What's going to happen when he comes back? How much faster can you beat people? Hopefully we can get though this."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/23/1171222/quote-of-the-day-brock-lesnar-was

This sounds like more of the Dana White hype machine working here but if it's true that is really scary...

Edited by Patrick86L

I think the Yoshihiro Akiyama fight would've been more exciting, but if this is true, then we can all look forward to Bisping getting KTFO again.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3483&offset=0

Wanderlei vs. Bisping at UFC Australia

Wanderlei Silva’s next fight will be with Michael Bisping, a well-placed Las Vegas source has told Fighters Only. The fight may headline the UFC’s first event in Australia, which takes place in February 2010.

Verbal agreements for the clash have been given, although Fighters Only understands that bout agreements are not yet drawn up. The fight will not be official until these are signed and returned by both men.

Bisping is coming off a win over Denis Kang at UFC 105 while Silva is coming off a decision loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 99. That fight took place at a catch weight of 195lbs and while Bisping operates at middleweight now, he too is a former light-heavyweight, making a catch weight meeting a possibility.

Silva and Bisping were due to fight at UFC 105 but the Brazilian legend had surgery on his face to remove scar tissue that had built up around his eyes. He was unable to make the November 14th date with Bisping and Denis Kang was drafted in instead.

But once UFC matchmaker Joe Silva has decided he wants to see a fight, it usually takes place, even if it has to be postponed due to injury or suspension. A future meeting between Bisping and Silva was thus always on the cards once Silva became unavailable for UFC 105.

Silva had been rumoured to be facing Yoshihiro Akiyama at the UFC Australia event, but UFC president Dana White commented offhand after UFC 106 that the fight was most likely off. Today’s news explains that remark.

I think the Yoshihiro Akiyama fight would've been more exciting, but if this is true, then we can all look forward to Bisping getting KTFO again.

Excellent. I like both Wandy and Akiyama. You are right, that would have been a very good fight. But now I get to root for who might be my favorite fighter (Wandy) against probably my least favorite fighter (Bisping). I would love for it to be somewhere in the states within a reasonable traveling distance, because I would go. But hey, at least it is not in Britain.

Excellent. I like both Wandy and Akiyama. You are right, that would have been a very good fight. But now I get to root for who might be my favorite fighter (Wandy) against probably my least favorite fighter (Bisping). I would love for it to be somewhere in the states within a reasonable traveling distance, because I would go. But hey, at least it is not in Britain.

the only reason i'm a tad hesitant about this matchup is the fact that Bisping could sell his soul and actually win

wandy's chin aint what it used to be, and as a fan, i would hate to for him to have a loss to bisping on his record. its too ugly to fathom

I totally agree man. Wandy's one of my all-time favorites too and Bisping is definitely one of my most hated fighters out there. I think Wandy's going to go wild on him.

the only reason i'm a tad hesitant about this matchup is the fact that Bisping could sell his soul and actually win

wandy's chin aint what it used to be, and as a fan, i would hate to for him to have a loss to bisping on his record. its too ugly to fathom

That's a possibility but Bisping has been worked everytime he's fought anyone good (Hendo, Rashad, even Hamill). I remember having the same small hesitation when Wandy fought Jardine, but Wandy put that to bed...literally. :D

Edited by #98QBKiller

Pretty Good Interview with Jon Jones

CD: Tell me a little bit about what it's like down there. What are you learning?

JJ: Well, they’re attacking my main weaknesses. Greg is big on getting his athletes to close up their gaps. My jiu-jitsu has to be my weakest department so he's trying to close that hole up. I've been doing a lot of wrestling and a lot of jiu-jitsu.

CD: I know you've been to the Tri-Star Gym (in Montreal) for this fight as well. What's the experience like for you now to be able to go train with some of these world-renowned camps?

JJ: It's amazing. It's just a total reality check on how not good I actually am. You know what I mean? I go from a school (in New York) where I beat up everyone, and now I get tapped out and guys try to kick my head off. It's an everyday thing. It's just a big reality check in how much work I actually have to do still.

CD: I think one of the things that's made you so popular so fast is – not only your throws, especially against Bonnar – but you also have this unorthodox, exciting striking style with the spinning back fists and stuff like that. As you get more and more training at these top camps where they have really elite-level striking coaches, do you find guys are trying to change that about you, to make you a more conventional striker?

JJ: One thing about Greg Jackson is that he sees who I am and he respects who I am and he allows me to be who I am. He tells me every day, "I love your creativity, Jon. I want more of that. What is that called? Do more of that funky thing." He loves it. The only thing he forces is for me to be able to push the pace. Instead of one flying knee, he wants six flying knees per round. Instead of a few jabs, he wants 20 jabs per round. He wants combinations, he wants punches in bunches. He wants (me) to use the base of (conventional) fighting to set up the funkiness. He embraces it, he just wants me to take pride in this new set of lungs that I have.

his fight next week with Hamill should be pretty good

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10130&zoneid=2

It may not be a title shot, but UFC welterweight Josh Koscheck will get his shot at revenge when he rematches the last fighter to defeat him. He returns to action on Feb. 6 at UFC 109 in Las Vegas to face Brazilian fighter Paulo Thiago.

The bout was first announced by AOL Fanhouse and later independently confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight.

Always a busy fighter, Koscheck stepped up on short notice to take a fight at UFC 106 against rising star Anthony Johnson and did not disappoint. Despite a few fouls in the fight from both competitors, Koscheck showed good stand-up and a return to his wrestling roots as he out-grappled and eventually submitted Johnson in the second round.

The fight earned Koscheck a big notch in the welterweight division, not to mention bonuses that night that totaled $140,000. Following the win, he called for a title shot and blasted current top contender Dan Hardy for not doing enough to earn a shot at the 170-pound title.

The UFC didn't budge on Koscheck's request as Hardy is set to face champion Georges St-Pierre, most likely in March in New Jersey, but the former NCAA wrestling champion will surely be excited to take another shot at Thiago in February.

Thiago made big waves in his first UFC fight when he was able to bounce back from a tough early going in his fight with Koscheck to get a TKO win in the first round of their fight back in February.

Since that time the Brazilian has gone 1-1, losing to Koscheck's teammate Jon Fitch, and recently picking up a win at UFC 106 over Octagon newcomer Jacob Volkmann.

The fight between Koscheck and Thiago will likely end up on the main card of UFC 109, which currently features UFC Hall of Famers Randy Couture and Mark Coleman going to battle in a light heavyweight attraction.

joe silva must have something persona against Thiago.

i cant remember a newcomer taking on so many top guys in succession

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10130&zoneid=2

joe silva must have something persona against Thiago.

i cant remember a newcomer taking on so many top guys in succession

I think that's actually a good call. Koscheck probably had that fight in the bag if he didn't get sloppy. If Kos comes in and finishes him convincingly, I think he's made a good case for another title shot.

Anyone but Jon Fitch.

This reminds me of when he called out Rampage and Rampage said he'd be cool if he didn't have "those gay-ass nipple rings."

:laugh:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17045/fedor-emelianenko-and-gegard-mousasi-muhammad-king-mo-lawal-says-bring-it.mma

Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi? Muhammad "King Mo" Lawal says bring it

by John Morgan on Dec 01, 2009 at 6:45 pm ET

While just five fights into his MMA career, multi-weight-class contender Muhammed Lawal (5-0) is already looking to take down some of the sport's best fighters.

A recent Strikeforce signee, Lawal recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that WAMMA heavyweight champ Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce light heavyweight title holder Gegard Mousasi were just two potential future matchups he thinks he could win.

But don't mistake Lawal's claims for ****iness. As the 28 year old preps for a bout with Mike Whitehead at "Strikeforce: Evolution" on Dec. 19, "King Mo" is just confident.

"I'm not overlooking anybody, but my plan is to beat Mike Whitehead, then keep on winning," Lawal said. "Any opponent, I'm not going to be like, 'Oh, it's going to be a tough fight.' I'm going to be like, 'I'm going to win.'

"I fight to win, so any opponent from here on out, I envision myself beating them. It doesn't matter who it's against."

Lawal meets Whitehead in a heavyweight contest, but the four-time Sengoku veteran said he wants to hold titles in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions as well. Lawal said he had actually hoped to meet Whitehead at 205 pounds, but his opponent requested different terms.

"The fight with me and Mike Whitehead was supposed to happen at 205 (pounds), but I don't think he wanted to fight at 205," Lawal said. "I think he's kind of big right now; he probably just wanted to stay comfortable at heavyweight. I was like, 'If you're comfortable at heavyweight, I'll fight you where you're comfortable at. It means nothing to me.'"

And as long as he's competing in the heavyweight division, why not take on the world's top-rated fighter? Lawal said he's up for a future bout with Emelianenko if Strikeforce is keen to the idea.

"Strikeforce calls the shots, not me," Lawal said. "Obviously, Fedor has a few tough fights on the radar with Fabricio (Werdum) and (Alistair) Overeem. He has his hands full right there. I just have to do my thing and keep winning. If he keeps winning, and I keep winning, it could happen."

Of course, Lawal's not certain Emelianenko will even make it through those potential fights to allow for a future matchup.

"[Emelianenko] has got two tough fights in front of him," Lawal said. "Fabricio is no joke. I could see Fabricio beating him, and I could see Overeem beating him. Anybody can be beaten at any given time. You've just got to be prepared.

"[Emelianenko] is only fighting once or twice a year. He looks good, but you can't expect to improve that much when you're fighting once or twice a year."

Of course, Lawal's first chance at a Strikeforce title might come in the light heavyweight division. Lawal believes he might be the once to convince new champion Mousasi to re-consider his previous spot in the middleweight division.

"I have a feeling he's going to be at 185 again, eventually," Lawal said. "I have a feeling that I'm going to be the reason he goes back down."

2010 could be a banner year for Lawal. Willing to compete in three divisions, Lawal's Strikeforce contract also allows for him to fight in Japan. And with "King Mo's" desire to keep improving, stay busy and "get dat paper," the sky's the limit for future matchups should Lawal get past Whitehead.

"I just feel comfortable in the ring fighting," Lawal said. "As long as it makes sense, then I feel comfortable."

Edited by #98QBKiller