Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i dont think his heart is in it anymore. i think Rashad beats him

I agree. I don't think his hearts in this anymore and I expect Rashad to beat him easily. Rashad's always been under rated and under appreciated by UFC fans. He showed he was miles above Rampage's skills this year and will destroy Rampage if they do fight. Rampage as the entertainer is one thing, Rampage as the fighter is another and a guy as well rounded as Rashad is going to come out on top

I'll be rooting for Rampage... Rashad is ****y douchebag. I hope he gets his lights put out again.

I don't believe he's a ****y douchebag. I think the talking he did this year on the show was just pre hype talk and was likely setup to make the fight more interesting. In other words, it was a work not a shoot. I think the real Rashad Evans was shown how he reacted to the chickens and pink room stunts when he laughed at them instead of getting mad or upset and showed his maturity.

Sure is we wipe out the history and start tracking it at the start of the Ultimate fighter. Otherwise you have a fighter that grabs his junk in the ring, trash talks everyone, and generally shows no respect for opponents.

That's called showmanship

Showmanship (performing), the skill of making an artistic performance distinctive, effective and appealing to an audience

Rashad is a quiet guy who is mostly forgotten about my fans so he goes over the top to get noticed. The ball grabbing is part of an act and I do think to make the fight more entertaining and interesting that Rashad and Rampage were in on most of the smack talking this season.

But yeah... other than that, he was a good coach (that made fun of his own fighters, and rooted against big country in the semi-final)

So he's human, his friend was in the ring fighting, that's going to happen. It's happened on every season of the show by a coach who had a friend in the ring. We all get excited when our favorites are fighting. Why hold that against the coach?

The best moments in ego deflation have been Evans and Bisping getting knocked out.

Maybe it's the wrestling fan in me but I like it when the fighters show excitement and allow their personalities to come out in the ring more like this. I don't want guys with personalities less interesting then a wall always on the show. The appeal for The Ultimate Fighter is to see inside the lives of these men as they try and break through the glass ceiling that is called the UFC. Outside of the Ultimate Fighter show and the 30 minute pre ppv hype up's you don't see more of these men outside of the ring. In today's society that's interested in things like Who's Sleeping With Tiger, drama is at a premium and we should see more of the men beyond what they do in the ring.

Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale: dana overhypes another weak season

Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione: both fighters are lacking some brain cells, so they may cancel each other out. mitrione's wrestling is pretty bad, as is big baby's chin. jones should be looking for the immediate takedown then he'll proceed to pound mitrione out.

Jones by (T)KO, 1st Round

Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach: Veach is a replacement for Pellegrino. Veach is undefeated and well-rounded, but he's never been in with anyone close to Edgar's level. Edgar has great wrestling, and showed in the Sherk fight some damn good striking. Edgar should prove to be too much in all areas.

Edgar by Unanimous Decision

Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander: both fighters have KO power, both have weak chins. alexander has shown some progress in his game, incorporating leg kicks in his last couple of fights. kimbo still only has his hands. i see houston using some leg kicks which will allow him to control the distance. the leg kicks will set up a flurry that ends kimbo's night and probably his career

Alexander by (T)KO, 1st Round

Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub: schaub will want to do all he can to keep this standing. unfortunately for him, his wrestling sucks. big country might test things on the feet since he has a decent chin, but i expect him to get schaub down. roy is a pretty good black belt so i dont see schaub being able to move him like he did to Big Baby.

Nelson by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Jon Jones vs. Matt Hammil: with hammil you know what you're going to get, a wrestler who doesnt use his wrestling enough in fights. he has a nasty habit of blocking punches with his chin, he has a solid chin. jones is one of the more promising prospects in all of MMA. this fight will be his first under Greg Jackson, so i expect his fundamental striking to be much better, which will allow him to better setup the unorthodox moves he likes to perform. the wrestling here could cancel each other out, hammil is 3x time division III champ, Jones is a national JUCO champ. i think Bones will use his wrestling in reverse to keep it standing. on the feet, Jones' speed & freakish reach will allow him to pick Hammil off leading to an eventual stoppage.

Jones by (T)KO, 2nd Round

TUF 10 Finale: Get up Abe!, picks:

Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione: Mitrione needs medication, therapy and an ass beating. Jones takes him down, bludgeons him and Kleenex hops on as his sponsor. G&P Round 2 Marcus.

Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach: Don't know Veach and Edgar has looked sharp as a knife lately. Edgar, UD.

Kimbo vs. Houston Alexander: This should be like a 30 second fight. Whoever touches chin first. I'll go with a double KO.

Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Shaub: Crucifix again. Roy cuts decent angles and moves away from power nicely. Pitter-patter G&P again, round 1.

Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones: I love both of these guys. Here's to a great battle with both guys looking great. However, Hamill's standup, while he can throw some lumbering shots he keep his guard down. A quick and creative striker should quell that. Jones, TKO, round 2.

It's about time, now he needs to man up and give Nick Diaz that rematch.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/12/03/kj-noons-joins-strikeforce-roster/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

KJ Noons Joins Strikeforce Roster

Former EliteXC lightweight champion KJ Noons has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce, the promotion announced Thursday morning.

The on-again, off-again MMA fighter was, and arguably, still remains one of the sport's brightest stars, but focus in recent years has been redirected from his talent and away towards his outside disputes: contractual and his unwillingness to defend his belt against Nick Diaz during his EliteXC reign.

Also, his passion for boxing has steered him away from MMA. Since last fighting in MMA in June 2008, a successful title defense against Yves Edwards, Noons has competed in five boxing bouts. Noons carries a 12-2 boxing record and won four out of the five fights the past year. But it should be noted that his wins weren't against top tier boxers, or anywhere close to the level he would be at as a MMA fighter. He does insist in a statement to Strikeforce that his recent boxing pursuit was moreso to better his striking.

"I'm super excited to be a part of Strikeforce and I'm looking forward to putting on great fights," Noon said. "I've always wanted to come back, but I wanted to box for a little while in order to polish my boxing skills. Now, I'm ready to jump back into the picture in MMA."

The date for Noons' Strikeforce debut is to be determined.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Although I'm thinking he's going to get Johnnie Morton'd, I'm still interested in seeing a real TKD guy in MMA.

BTW, I just found out the other day that Anderson has a black belt in TKD...although he sticks to his MT for standup, I'm still surprised I never knew that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/12/04/walker.debut.ap/index.html

Herschel Walker to make MMA debut next month

SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) -- Herschel Walker will make his mixed martial arts debut next month.

The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner will face an opponent to be announced as part of a fight card at the Florida Panthers' arena on Jan. 30.

Walker recently entered a 12-week training camp in San Jose, Calif., after signing a multi-fight contract with promoter Strikeforce. The former NFL running back holds a fifth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Kimbo-Slice-vs-Houston-Alexander-21308

Ray Elbe: Kimbo Slice by Dairy Queen-parking lot beatdown. Kimbo gets his bread just in time to buy a six-deuce shirt for Christmas.

Josh Kyrejto: Houston Alexander by KO. Kimbo is a street scrapper with no real skill other than being tough. You can't just walk in off the street and into our world without training your ass off. Its bull---t that he even gets a shot in the UFC.

Scott Bieri: Kimbo gonna get his bread.

Chael Sonnen: I think Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones is a great fight and I can’t wait to see it.

Mac Danzig: I’m trying to think of a prediction that will further upset uptight fans and make them cry about how I supposedly don’t have a right to make fun of other fighters, but with this one, I’m drawing a blank. The only thing that comes to mind when I think of this matchup is, “Who cares?” Then I remember that people are intrigued by dumb matches, which is why we have matches like Butterbean vs. Tank Abbott and Jose Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi. The truth is, Kimbo could sell a fight to see Mr. Van Driessen. And what can you say? People just want to see a guy who beat up homeless folks in a boar storage lot compete in a sport with consummate professionals. They want to see what will happen, even though they know what the outcome will be. Kimbo will get his bread to feed his family despite having no business in the UFC and the fans will wholeheartedly pay for it. Now this is where people who like this goofball for some reason can grit their teeth at their computers and talk to each other about how Kimbo would “thump” me if he saw me in “da streets” … Eh, anyway, I think Houston should win this, but it’s just a fight after all and anything can happen. I suppose you can mark me down as “undecided” or just plain “unpopular.”

Duke Roufus: Houston by mean mug!

Pros who picked Kimbo: 6

Pros who picked Alexander: 5

Pros who couldn’t decide: 6

Did they ask some of the most annoying guys on purpose? Mac Danzig & Chael Sonnen are dangerously close to douchebaggery.

Notice Danzig hedged his bets by saying Kimbo shouldn't be in there with consummate pros, then finishes with "it's just a fight... anything can happen." Nice conviction there, Wordsworth.

Edited by Chachie

TUF 10 Finale: Who are these dudes?

Meathead vs. Big Baby, NFL cage fight: If Marcus doesn't ground him fast, he's getting knocked out. I'm thinking Mitrione will freeze up on the first takedown attempt, then Darkness sets in.

Marcus Jones by Darce choke, round 1. :)

Streetfighter vs. Realfighter: Kimbo Slice has gone from thug whom everyone hated to teddy bear whom everyone loves. I want to see him win but if he doesn't land something in the first minute, Houston Alexander will send him back to Miami in a body bag.

Bimbo Spice 1st round KTFO because I pick with my heart.

Big Country vs. Big Punch: Hillbilly Jim's baby brother has all the tools to carry Schaub into deep water and slowly drown him. I think Schaub will be overcome by the grandeur of the evening and tire out fast.

Another crucifix, another smother and pummel. Round 3.

Matt Hammil vs. Jon Jones: These guys have earned the right to have their real names used. :)

Great matchup. I think Jones has a much more varied arsenal. I'm a bit of a Hammil fan though (still amazed at how he fights with no corner advice) so I'm hoping one of those heavy, heavy hands lands. Again- picking with my heart. I know Jones is lethal.

The Hammer TKO with a come-from-behind punch, round 2.

BTW.. I hope Titties flattens the Brit.

Edited by Chachie