Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Am I the only one that kind of was annoyed with Rogers' reaction? He acted like he screwed up, and Fedor didn't deserve to win the fight. Maybe I shouldn't judge fighters so harshly (I mean, they are guys that decided to make a career of getting punched in the face), but he really rubbed me the wrong way.

Am I the only one that kind of was annoyed with Rogers' reaction? He acted like he screwed up, and Fedor didn't deserve to win the fight. Maybe I shouldn't judge fighters so harshly (I mean, they are guys that decided to make a career of getting punched in the face), but he really rubbed me the wrong way.

He absolutely was almost demanding a reset right there and then. It was like he was saying "Hold up, y'all. I screwed up. He only won cuz he knocked me out. Now I'muh kick his butt." He couldn't give Fedor his due at all. I thought Brock was the same way when he lost to Mir. I guess the only way he can fix it is to do what Lesnar did in a rematch.

However, there is a looong line of guys who'd like their 2nd shot at Fedor. I don't see fighting a close 1st round as being criteria for a rematch. He used his punch and size well in the opening minute but after that he was losing to Fedor like everyone else.

i kinda liked his reaction. from his reaction it seemed like he didn't expect to get out of the first round, then when he made it out and even manage to damage Fedor a little bit, he got pissed because he thought he was close to doing something that hasn't been done yet

to me he came off as man who realized a massive opportunity slipped out of his hands. as such, its going to motivate him to train harder and get better.

i try not to take too much out of post-fight interviews, especially when they get hit that hard right before. lol

Brock was tested regularly throughout college, NFL stint, and now with the UFC. Never failed a test. What's the point of even talking about it?

Because he didn't get to 265lbs of muscle with probably around 10% body fat without the juice. It's no secret that you can cycle on and off PED's in a way to avoid getting popped.

I just have my doubts that he's abstaining. Just an opinion, nothing else. Like I said earlier, I've had a couple close friends who got huge because of PED's and they've all became addicted to the results and go into a full blown panic when they cycle off and don't get the results they're used to. Doesn't take long for them to get back on pretty quick.

I didn't have too much of a problem with Rogers' reaction, he did seem a little more pissed than fighters usually are though. I think he just got excited about going into the 2nd round and thought he had Fedor but, just like Arlovski, it came to a screeching halt.

And as far as Brock goes, I would bet the farm that he's juiced in the last year or two. Not to the extent that he did in the WWE but I'm sure he's accustomed to cycling to miss the piss tests.

And as far as Brock goes, I would bet the farm that he's juiced in the last year or two. Not to the extent that he did in the WWE but I'm sure he's accustomed to cycling to miss the piss tests.

That's what I'm saying 99, that's whay I'm saying.

From MMA Junkie

Report: Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie planned for UFC 109 in February

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Nov 12, 2009 at 10:30 am ET

A welterweight bout between former champ Matt Hughes (43-7 MMA, 16-5 UFC) and PRIDE veteran/probably UFC newcomer Renzo Gracie (13-6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to be part of next year's UFC 109 card.

That's according to a report from Jeremy Botter at Heavy.com.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta recently posted a message on Twitter stating Gracie could sign with the UFC, and as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) recently reported, UFC president Dana White said he expects Hughes to return in early 2010, possibly on the Super Bowl weekend card.

However, MMAjunkie.com could not immediately confirm that the Hughes vs. Gracie matchup is close to finalized.

Although not officially announced by the organization, UFC 109 is expected to take place Feb. 6 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and air on pay-per-view. The event serves as the UFC's annual Super Bowl weekend card.

I...don't know how to feel about this. Can't say that I am really excited.

I would much rather see Hughes face up and coming guys. He would probably lose, but who cares, it would probably be more exciting than this is going to be.

Edited by lovetoaster

That's a match that Hughes should be able to win. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight a few bouts like this before calling it quits, just to leave on a high note.

And in case you guys haven't seen it:

Hughes should definitely be able to win that, but what did he sign...like a five fight deal? I don't really want to see a handful of "legends" matches. Who else is he going to fight? Trigg again? Pat Miletich? Shonie Carter? OK, I was just kidding about that one.

But it would mean a lot for a guy like Dan Hardy to fight, and more than likely beat Matt Hughes. I recognize that Matt is a legend, but if he is only going to fight guys that we know he is going to beat...it is kind of a blah way to go out.

And as for the lovely Miss Carano, that was out about a month ago and I swear I looked everywhere in Charlotte for a copy with her on the front. I wasted hours and found all of the other covers, but not hers. :cry:

might not be a walk in the park for Hughes. Renzo usually fights at 185 so he should be able to deal with Hughes' strength. god forbid these two get into a standup war though, that could get ugly real fast

Renzo is the only one of the older gracie's who even tried to incorporate other disciplines into his game. i hope Renzo wins, probably wont though

Hughes should definitely be able to win that, but what did he sign...like a five fight deal? I don't really want to see a handful of "legends" matches. Who else is he going to fight? Trigg again? Pat Miletich? Shonie Carter? OK, I was just kidding about that one.

But it would mean a lot for a guy like Dan Hardy to fight, and more than likely beat Matt Hughes. I recognize that Matt is a legend, but if he is only going to fight guys that we know he is going to beat...it is kind of a blah way to go out.

And as for the lovely Miss Carano, that was out about a month ago and I swear I looked everywhere in Charlotte for a copy with her on the front. I wasted hours and found all of the other covers, but not hers. :cry:

I agree about Hughes. Setting up a handful of easy fights for guys on the way out would be kind of lame, I guess it's just a matter of what the UFC wants to do.

Would they rather preserve their legends and set up the HOF guys and have them end on a good note against scrubs (not the Renzo is a scrub) or would they rather have them fight young up & comers that would be carrying the torch in the future but would have a good shot at beating them, therefore elevating the younger guys' careers (i.e. planting seeds for the future)?

Personally, I'd rather see the up & comers get their shot at them. Look what the Chuck KO did for Rashad's career. Before that fight he was viewed mainly as a wrestler with only marginal standup who won a lot of boring decisions (minus the human wrong-side-of-the highlight-reel-KO Sean Salmon). After he KO'd Chuck he went on to beat Forrest, get the belt, lose it to Machida, have a feud with Rampage, host TUF and is legitimately a star now.

And I didn't even know Gina was on that cover until today...I've got to pay better attention to things like that. :silly:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/11/11/ochocinco.ufc/index.html

Ochocinco asks for UFC fight

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has found yet another way to draw attention to himself on Twitter, this time asking the president of the UFC to give him a fight in the Octagon.

In a series of tweets, Ochocinco has said he wants to try an MMA fight against some of the sport's elite athletes, with the proceeds going to charity.

The first tweet from Ochocinco came in response to ESPN's Sports Nation tweeting that Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar are regarded as the Top 2 heavyweights in MMA. Ochocinco responded to that by tweeting, "I'll fight either one of them right now!!"

Ochocinco (apparently unaware that Fedor doesn't fight in the UFC) then said that if Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White could make the fight happen, he'd gladly do it: "Get in touch with Dana White and I'll fight them to raise money for a charity of my choice <--I'm serious," Ochocinco tweeted.

And he wasn't done there. Ochocinco then started addressing White on Twitter directly, noting that he'd like to have a fight with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

"Dana this Ocho Cinco, I want to fight your #1 and #2 best fighters asap, exhibition to raise money for a charity of choice!!!!!!," Ochocinco tweeted. "matter of fact I want Anderson Spider Silva---please don't ignore me or you'll have to fight me yourself!!! Sincerely Esteban"

Obviously, Ochocinco is never going to fight in the UFC. It would be a violation of the terms of his NFL contract, and he'd get crushed. But Ochocinco always manages to entertain those who follow him on Twitter.

all fighters made weight for tomorrow's card

if you're catching it live on a stream, it starts at 3pm(est). spike tv will replay the event later in the day so you may want to avoid MMA websites if you dont want to know the results

You have to avoid almost anything these days. Which is a good thing, but I learned my lesson the hard way when I checked ESPN.com for something during the tape delay broadcast of UFC 99. Kinda spoiled the main event for me. Oh well, I should have known better.