Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I tried posting this last night but I, or ES was having connection issues.

That Fedor punch was a thing of beauty. He put every ounce of weight into that punch and it landed dead on. Whoever said it was about speed was totally right, he beat Rogers to the punch. Some good overall fights last night, I wish Shields would have gotten a sub, but miller knew how to defend everything he was trying. Shields needs to learn how to use the body triangle more often thought. Miller escaped or rolled out when he didn't have it on.

P.S. Rogers would destroy Kimbo right now.

If there was any doubt that Fedor is the best MMA pound-for-pound fighter in MMA past and present, I think that's gone now.

All the people who say Lesner would beat him, I hope Fedor gets in the ring at some point with him so he can break his arm in 60 seconds.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9953&zoneid=13

Early ratings for the CBS broadcast of Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers fell short of a home run, but showed strong numbers in demographics where the sport has historically fared well.

In the event’s headliner, Fedor Emelianenko knocked out Brett Rogers in the second round, while co-headliners Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller went the distance with Shields emerging as the new Strikeforce middleweight champion.

The primetime portion of Fedor vs. Rogers (9 p.m. to 11 p.m.) drew an average of 3.79 million viewers, down from CBS’ last foray into MMA with EliteXC’s “Heat,” which averaged 4.3 million viewers in the same time period, according to TVbythenumbers.com.

The primetime numbers for Fedor vs. Rogers don’t include the main event fight. The event ran long with that bout clocking in following the primetime portion of the broadcast.

Even so, in key male demographics, the Saturday fights came in first, edging college football on ABC with a 2.2 rating for males 18-34 and a 2.3 rating for males 18-49.

Overall, the primetime broadcast led in adults 18-34 and 18-49 with 1.7 ratings.

The 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. portion of the Saturday broadcast was the third most watched show on network television.

The 10:00 to 10:30 segment, which featured the bulk of Shields vs. Miller, is at the moment the only fight to crack the Top 20 most watched fights in MMA’s history with U.S. television, coming in at 18th.

Compared to ratings for CBS’ regular Saturday night programming, the event showed marked improvement in male and adult demographics, but shaved 2.33 million total viewers from an average audience of 6.12 million.

Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President of CBS Primetime, said the strong numbers in key demographics outweighed the decline in overall viewers.

“Typically, we tend to get an older audience on Saturday night,” he said. “We know MMA is probably not your cup of tea if you’re in an older demographic, so that’s hardly surprising.

“Demographics are the reason you put this sport on. You’re not putting this on to get a huge household number, you’re putting it on to try to tap into a younger audience, and it looks like we were successful doing that.”

At the moment, EliteXC’s “Primetime” remains the most watched MMA event in U.S. television history, garnering 4.8 million total viewers.

The Sears Centre Arena, which hosted the event and seats up to 12,000, was a reported sellout, though the official attendance has yet to be released.

“I think we had a really terrific card,” said Kahl. “In every fight we had, there were changes in momentum back and forth. No fight was completely one-sided for the entire duration.”

The ratings for the complete broadcast will be released Tuesday.

Exactly.

Rogers is more relaxed and smart than Lesnar, which kept him going long enough to have a chance. Lesnar would get on top, go crazy and get armbarred in the first round by Fedor. Lesnar is big and strong, but too stupid to really understand how to fight fedor.

Well that already happened to Lesnar and he's learned his lesson imo.

It would be a good fight, but Fedor wouldn't be able to hold up against Lesnar.

Well that already happened to Lesnar and he's learned his lesson imo.

It would be a good fight, but Fedor wouldn't be able to hold up against Lesnar.

I think the longer it takes this fight to happen, the better the odds are for Lesnar. Fedor is not getting any younger and he's got to lose at some point if he keeps fighting. However, as of this day Fedor subs Lesnar 3 times in a row and KOs him once. (IMHO.)

Edited by Chachie

Some of you people are blatent idiots when it comes to Kimbo. Take off your stupid homer glasses and realize the guy is not anything special at all.

Kimbo is nothing more than a marketing ploy by MMA that has half of you tards right by the neck and its just annoying that people would fall for it.

Notice how the whole show of the ultimate fighter has kimbo... because he gives UFC money. Not because he's any good. Roy Nelson didn't even have to do anything that fight other than drop Kimbo to the ground and relax. Kimbo would get beaten to a pulp (standing or on the ground) against Brett Rogers and just about any mid-tier heavyweight in MMA.

You guys keep saying how great he is, and us realists will keep serving you crow.

Some of you people are blatent idiots when it comes to Kimbo. Take off your stupid homer glasses and realize the guy is not anything special at all.

Kimbo is nothing more than a marketing ploy by MMA that has half of you tards right by the neck and its just annoying that people would fall for it.

Notice how the whole show of the ultimate fighter has kimbo... because he gives UFC money. Not because he's any good. Roy Nelson didn't even have to do anything that fight other than drop Kimbo to the ground and relax. Kimbo would get beaten to a pulp (standing or on the ground) against Brett Rogers and just about any mid-tier heavyweight in MMA.

You guys keep saying how great he is, and us realists will keep serving you crow.

I'd say most of the people in this thread know that Kimbo is a sham and purely a marketing ploy. Its just a select few who claim to know MMA who think that he could knock anyone out. If Kimbo was in his 20s then he would have tons of potential to be a great MMA fighter. But the fact that hes older than that doesn't give him enough time to develop a ground game. Any legit HW fighter could do to him what Petruzelli did.

Who are you, where did you come from, and what are you talking about?

i was kinda wondering the same thing

as far as i can tell, there has only been 1 person in this thread who said Kimbo was any good, and that poster is relatively new to the thread i think

But that one poster speaks for all of us in the last few pages. Where the hell was this guy when we were laughing at Kimbo after the EliteXC card??

I don't know man, I'm pretty sure Kimbo would armbar Fedor in the first round.

That's why Fedor waited until Kimbo went to TUF before he agreed to to fight in Strikeforce...where have you been?

I think Fedor can knock Lesnar out all day. His striking defense is his weakness, but the power he generates is uncanny. Also, Fedor is about 20 times the ground fighter Frank Mir is. Let's not fool ourselves.

I think Lesnar can hold Fedor down all day. His striking defense is his weakness, but his wrestling is uncanny. Also, Lesnar is about 20 times the wrestler anyone Fedor has ever faced. Let's not fool ourselves.

Just saying.....

I'd take Fedor but at no more than +180. Lesnar's size, strength, and wrestling can put crumble Fedor against the cage where he has never been. Could be interesting.

I think Lesnar can hold Fedor down all day. His striking defense is his weakness, but his wrestling is uncanny. Also, Lesnar is about 20 times the wrestler anyone Fedor has ever faced. Let's not fool ourselves.

Mockery? Cleaver. Someone is a Lesnar fan, we get it.

The bottom line is that they won't fight, these opinions will stay what they are.

I still think Fedor ends this fight standing more times than not.

Mockery? Cleaver. Someone is a Lesnar fan, we get it.

The bottom line is that they won't fight, these opinions will stay what they are.

I still think Fedor ends this fight standing more times than not.

i'm inclined to agree with Sebowski on this one

i dont think Lesnar even thinks about standing with Fedor. he'll be shooting the instant the match starts

i'm not sure if Fedor would be able to get up if lesnar got him down. Fedor is by far and away the best HW in the world and best of all time, but if they fought soon, i would bet on Lesnar