Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i dont think he's the favorite

i still think the 3 best dudes on the show are Big Country, Schaub, & Wren

I dunno, I think Big Babies size is going to be an obstacle for any opponent. That coupled with his ground game and his strength I'd have to at least give him a nod at being the favorite. He beat a veteran of the octagon last night in less than a minute.

Big Country won't be able to use his bulk to dominate Big Babie either and none of the HW's have shown any kind of ground game up to this point.

Big Baby FTW!:point2sky

I dunno, I think Big Babies size is going to be an obstacle for any opponent. That coupled with his ground game and his strength I'd have to at least give him a nod at being the favorite. He beat a veteran of the octagon last night in less than a minute.

Big Country won't be able to use his bulk to dominate Big Babie either and none of the HW's have shown any kind of ground game up to this point.

Big Baby FTW!:point2sky

Wessel had all of one fight in the UFC, and he was finished by Hardonk (nothing to be ashamed of), so i wouldn't call him a "ufc vet"

dont get me wrong, i like Big Baby, i'm searching for any hope of HW prospect, i just think Nelson, Schaub, & Wren would beat him if they fought. Nelson can submit anybody in the house, he has by far the best bjj in the house (he beat Frank Mir in a NoGi bjj match a few years ago). i know nelson looked like **** against Kimbo, but he admitted he was taking no chances because he didn't want to risk injury early in the show.

i think Big Baby is the 4th best fighter left in the running to win the show. he has a chance to win based on his physical gifts, but i just wouldn't label him the favorite

I gotta admit Big Baby's ground game really surprised me. I think he will wipe the floor with Titties. He has a good shot at making the finals unless Kimbo steps back in. Kimbo is almost invincible standing up.

Titties had a much better stand up game than I expected though. He had some impressive power. Let's see if Big Baby can take a punch, because it is likely going to happen.

I know his fight only lasted a minute, but Big Baby could have some nasty stand up too with that reach. I have not seen it in a fight, but in practice, that man also has some incredibly powerful leg kicks. I would love to see those in action.

I know his fight only lasted a minute, but Big Baby could have some nasty stand up too with that reach. I have not seen it in a fight, but in practice, that man also has some incredibly powerful leg kicks. I would love to see those in action.

I actually got the impression that he had zero stand-up game. Did you hear Rampage refer to him as "The Black Mummy?" :)

When Marcus' opponent came out throwing punches, Marcus just started groping and hoping. He got hold of the guy and took him down and looked impressive but I think "Titties" will be more of a boxing challenge for sure.

Edited by Chachie

I gotta admit Big Baby's ground game really surprised me. I think he will wipe the floor with Titties. He has a good shot at making the finals unless Kimbo steps back in. Kimbo is almost invincible standing up.

kimbo was knocked down by a jab from a 205lb'er

kimbo is far from invincible standing up

I actually got the impression that he had zero stand-up game.

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, he really doesn't. But it just looks like he should have the tools to have a decent one. Great reach, he should have power in his punches and his kicks from what I have seen are pretty violent. But he probably has quite a comfort zone on the ground that he does not really want to leave. And that is understandable to a point, but it is hard to get to the next level if you don't build new skills. But it seems like he is really eager to learn.

I would be afraid to see what would happen if one of his fights went to a second or third round with the way he was gassing in practice. But then again, everyone has been gassing in the second (or middle of the first) this season.

I would be afraid to see what would happen if one of his fights went to a second or third round with the way he was gassing in practice. But then again, everyone has been gassing in the second (or middle of the first) this season.

So true! He's got to show a striking game (like you say- no reason to think he can't) and this is indeed a class of gassers this season. :)

Yeah, I seem to remember that, now that you mention it. Your comment makes me happy that my google image filter did its job. :D

Alright, I'm intrigued... What are the pictures of? I don't want to risk looking something up at work without knowing first.....

Alright, I'm intrigued... What are the pictures of? I don't want to risk looking something up at work without knowing first.....

him crossdressing on halloween (at least i hope it was halloween)

others have him in some compromising positions with other males

Edited by StillUnknown

Pros Pick Fedor vs. Rogers:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/pros-pick-fedor-vs-rogers-20724

Pros who picked Fedor: 27

Pros who picked Rogers: 4

Pros who couldn’t decide: 1

A few good quotes in this one:

Chael Sonnen: Two fatties swinging like bums. Yawn, stretch, back to sleep.

Roland Sarria: Fedor will win by a Russian polar bear hammer punch to the ear in the first round.

Brad Pickett: Fedor, 150 percent. I'll eat some dog s--t if I’m wrong.

Thomas Denny: I like the black man in this fight. I think he will let his blackness out, and it will reign supreme. Huge upset: Brett Rogers TKO in round one. Too big, too strong, too hungry!

Ray Elbe: Ever been to Russia? The weather is freezing, the girls are expensive and the Vodka is cheap. That's what we call a nation with a fighting tradition. Fedor by Rogers dropping the soap, some time in the second round.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

the irony of Chael Sonnen predicting a boring fight, and criticizing another fighter's standup abilities

on another note, CroCop is fighting Ben Rothwell when the UFC goes to Australia early next year

Chael Sonnen annoys me. And that is ironic, he's put on some of the biggest snoozers I've ever seen...good to see Cro Cop come back I think he'll be at least a little better against Rothwell than Dos Santos.

lots of MMA in the next 2 weeks:

tonight: Strikeforce Challenger's Series on Showtime

Tomorrow: Fedor vs. Rogers on CBS & Sengoku 11th Battle

November 14th: UFC 105

November 18th: WEC: Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo (the match i'm looking forward to most)

November 20th: Strikeforce Challengers

November 21st: UFC 106

Edited by StillUnknown

...good to see Cro Cop come back I think he'll be at least a little better against Rothwell than Dos Santos.

Really, 99? I don't think it's good to see Cro Cop come back any more because it's never a comeback for him these days. It's always either controversy or defeat or both. He's clearly not mentally tough enough anymore to hack the UFC. If Mustapha Al-Turk is the only guy he's faced that's got less going for him than Mirko (and he had to smash Turk's genitals just to win that fight) then what is there for Cro Cop in the UFC?- other than money, of course but that's not enough for CC fans.

Really, 99? I don't think it's good to see Cro Cop come back any more because it's never a comeback for him these days. It's always either controversy or defeat or both. He's clearly not mentally tough enough anymore to hack the UFC. If Mustapha Al-Turk is the only guy he's faced that's got less going for him than Mirko (and he had to smash Turk's genitals just to win that fight) then what is there for Cro Cop in the UFC?- other than money, of course but that's not enough for CC fans.

i dont think it has to do with him being mentally tough. i think all the years in combat (he spent a good amount of time in K-1 as well), have taken a toll on his physical skills. the leg kick doesn't have the same snap as it once did, the punches arent as accurate as they used to be

i think he knows in his mind what he wants to do, his body just isn't responding as fast as he would like

i liken the situation to Roy Jones Jr (not comparing the fighters, only the situations). roy's mind never left him, but one his legs stopped moving as fast as they once did, he starts to get knocked out.