Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I hear you man. Like I said I think it's just a matter of opinion at this point, when it comes down to fans like us. The fighters have made the fight and the judges have made their calls and apparently Machida and Shogun will have an immediate chance to go at it again according to Dana White. Sorry if I sounded like a dick about it, but like I said, I get pretty excited about the sport from time to time...especially when the Redskins look like ass lol.

:cheers:

Yea, the Redskin misery is far reaching. When you suck as bad as we do it has a tendency to run over into every facet of your life. My wife went to bed last night after calling me an ******* because I snapped at my daughter. I mean Deshawn Jackson had just been given the end around and I was trying to watch hoping someone would catch him while my daughter stood right in my ear going "daddy, daddy, daddy".

No need to act like a dick though, it's only a game which had no affect on the ozone and didn't cause any children to starve. ;) I had to pause the game and go apologize. I'm such and ******* when the skins are on, especially when they're getting beat.

Edited by ZoEd

Yea, the Redskin misery is far reaching. When you suck as bad as we do it has a tendency to run over into every facet of your life. My wife went to bed last night after calling me an ******* because I snapped at my daughter. I mean Deshawn Jackson had just been given the end around and I was trying to watch hoping someone would catch him while my daughter stood right in my ear going "daddy, daddy, daddy".

No need to act like a dick though, it's only a game which had no affect on the ozone and didn't cause any children to starve. ;) I had to pause the game and go apologize. I'm such and ******* when the skins are on, especially when they're getting beat.

Me too man....when the defense gave up that big TD on 3rd and long I went out to the garage and beat the **** out of my heavy bag. I came back inside and didn't realize that I had accidentally tagged one of the metal hooks and my knuckle was bloody as hell. I got blood on the wall behind the couch and on my pants and my girlfriend took a picture of it and was talking about texting it to my mom if I didn't settle down. So I apologized to her and just took the rest of the game with a grain of salt. After pulling for a team your whole life and in my case, barely remembering when they were great, it gets frustrating after a decade of garbage. But I know what you mean, I turn into a total dumbass when the Skins are losing...I think after last night though I've pretty much lost hope for the season so now when I watch the games it's not going to be so painful.

Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson to Co-Main Event UFC 106

With the loss of its UFC 106 main event between UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and challenger Shane Carwin earlier this week, the UFC has bolstered the Nov. 21 card with a welterweight bout between contenders Josh Koscheck (13-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) and Anthony Johnson (8-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

Koscheck posted on Twitter late Tuesday that he would appear on the card, and a source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) overnight that Johnson will serve as his opponent.

The UFC, though, has yet to officially announced the fight, which serves as the night's co-main event.

UFC 106 takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and airs on pay-per-view. Following the loss of Lesnar vs. Carwin (due to a month-long illness suffered by Lesnar), the UFC promoted the co-headliner of Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin to the night's headliner.

Koscheck had been slated to return to at UFC Fight Night 20 with young prospect Mike Pierce. As MMAjunkie.com first reported last week, verbal agreements were in place for the fight. (Pierce is expected to remain on the card but with a new opponent.)

Instead, Koscheck (and Johnson) take the UFC 106 fight on less than a month's notice.

Koscheck looks to re-establish himself among the welterweight division's top contenders after a recent 2-2 stretch in his past four fights. In his most recent contest, Koscheck earned a quick TKO win over Frank Trigg at UFC 103 in September. He also suffered losses to Paulo Thiago (TKO) and Thiago Alves (unanimous decision) during that stretch.

Johnson, meanwhile, is coming off a successful but somewhat disappointing TKO win over Yoshiyuki Yoshida at this past weekend's UFC 104 event. Johnson would have won a $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus for the 41-second knockout win, but he was declared ineligible because he failed to make weight for the show (and weighed 176 pounds), which he partially blamed on a knee injury that affected his weight cutting. The former collegiate wrestler and exciting stand-up fighter is now 4-1 in his past five fights; the lone loss was a controversial TKO defeat to Kevin Burns caused by an illegal eye poke that the referee didn't see.

great matchup, gotta give credit to both for taking the bout on short notice

Edited by StillUnknown

I am real excited for this. Johnson didn't even break a sweat last week so he is ready to go and Koschek is always ready. Can't wait. I'll take Koschek by RNC round 3.

in an interview after the fight, Johnson said not making weight is making him change his entire diet/camp preparations. even before this new fight was announced, he said he was still dieting. he knows he's on thin ice with the weight issue.

i think Rumble wins this because Koscheck has seemingly forgotten his wrestling. thats well and good when you fight someone like Yoshida or Trigg, but against a dude with power like Rumble has, i see it being his downfall

Rumble by (T)KO, 2nd Round

And some of the worst conditioning I have ever seen. In the last fight both fighters were gassed they entered the cage.

this is my biggest problems with the fighters. its not like this is their 2nd or 3rd fight on the show. these dudes are gassing hard in their first fight on the show.

its almost like nobody came into the show in fighting condition

the fact that these dudes are gassing 30secs into the fight is embarrassing for MMA in general

i dont know what hell dana thinking saying that was a great fight. from top to bottom this is the worst collection of fights i've seen from TUF. they should never do another season of HW's

It certainly doesn't say much for the future of the UFC's HW division, that's for sure.

The future of the HW division is probably training somewhere without comeras, busting his ass day in and day out, and making sure that he conditions himself so that the travesty that I watched Wednesday never happens to him. Whoever he (they) are, they aren't on the T.V. show.

This has been some of the worst...the only thing making this exciting is watching to see if Sims, Mitrione, or one of the other head cases has a meltdown.

I think it will be very hard to replace the first generation of MMA fighters. Guys like Gracie, Rutten, Fedor, the Shamrocks, etc. were never guaranteed a thing and certainly didn't make a ton of money. They were there because they wanted to fight and prove they were the best. These guys were tough because they got into the sport for the love of the competition. The new generation is doing it for fame and fortune now that the stage has been set by those who built the sport on their love of martial arts.

I think it will be very hard to replace the first generation of MMA fighters. Guys like Gracie, Rutten, Fedor, the Shamrocks, etc. were never guaranteed a thing and certainly didn't make a ton of money. They were there because they wanted to fight and prove they were the best. These guys were tough because they got into the sport for the love of the competition. The new generation is doing it for fame and fortune now that the stage has been set by those who built the sport on their love of martial arts.

on the flip side, as more fame & fortune enter the arena, you tend to get more athletes into the field

that deepens the talent pool for the future.

Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson to Co-Main Event UFC 106

great matchup, gotta give credit to both for taking the bout on short notice

This should be a good fight. Koscheck has been standing a lot lately but I don't think he wants to stand with Johnson and you know he'll have some trouble controlling Johnson with his wrestling due to Johnson's size. This should be an interesting fight for sure.

on the flip side, as more fame & fortune enter the arena, you tend to get more athletes into the field

that deepens the talent pool for the future.

I think that was the 2nd generation. Now (at least in the HW division) we are getting the bums. The WEC brought out the small guys and those dudes are something special right now. Tons of talent there.

Alves is hurt and out of the Fitch fight.

I doubt they find Fitch an opponent in time. They'll have to shuffle some things around. Paulo Thiago was going to fight Alves before they needed Alves to replace Almeida. Wouldn't make sense to see him vs. Fitch though. What makes more sense is Koschek-P.Thiago rematch since that was a bad stoppage and Fitch-Johnson. More than likely Fitch will get a new opponent and P.Thiago will be left out.

What actually makes the most sense is Kos-Fitch and Johnson-P.Thiago, but they will not get Kos and Fitch to fight each other right now.