Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

You have to BEAT the champion to be the champion. Despite Joe Rogan's fanboy act... and in his post fight interview proving me correct on that... Shogan landed nothing of power outside of leg kicks in round one and two. Machida landed hard knees in both rounds. Machida won the 3rd outright.

4 and 5 went to shogun IMO. But the close rounds one and two will always go tot he champ... especially when he is the ONLY fighter that landed anything that was actually dangerous. Leg kicks should NEVER earn you a belt... and it didn't.

Wish these judges were around when Forrest was given Rampage's belt wrongly.

You have to BEAT the champion to be the champion. Despite Joe Rogan's fanboy act... and in his post fight interview proving me correct on that... Shogan landed nothing of power outside of leg kicks in round one and two. Machida landed hard knees in both rounds. Machida won the 3rd outright.

4 and 5 went to shogun IMO. But the close rounds one and two will always go tot he champ... especially when he is the ONLY fighter that landed anything that was actually dangerous. Leg kicks should NEVER earn you a belt... and it didn't.

did you not see how red Machida's midsection was. Shogun completely took away machida's legs by the legkicking him to death.

those were power strikes. its why Lyoto couldn't move like we're used to seeing in the later rounds

Shogun clearly won that fight

did you not see how red Machida's midsection was. Shogun completely took away machida's legs by the legkicking him to death.

those were power strikes. its why Lyoto couldn't move like we're used to seeing in the later rounds

Shogun clearly won that fight

Both had red midsection... one fighter had a swollen eye? Your point?

Like I said Shogun landed counter kicks but mostly leg kicks, Machida stuffed knees down the pipe several times in the first 2 rounds... and I might add, stuffed multiple take down attempts. Machida looked bad but in a close fight like that where only one fighter landed anything of consequence in the first two rounds the champ is going to get the benefit of the doubt (as it should be).

Edited by Destino

:doh:

Shogun was pushing the action the entire fight, landing vicious kicks on Machida, and clearly won at the very least 3 of those 5 rounds (1, 4, 5).

I thought this is why I started watchin UFC instead of boxing - WTF was that all about?

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight. You saw two completely different styles going at it and two of the best in their respective areas.

Go watch "pro"-wrestling if you want cheap entertainment.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight. You saw two completely different styles going at it and two of the best in their respective areas.

Go watch "pro"-wrestling if you want cheap entertainment.

I enjoyed the hell out of the fight - it was awesome and I liked the styles.

The decision was possibly a bigger robbery than anything I've ever seen in boxing.

Both had red midsection... one fighter had a swollen eye? Your point?

Like I said Shogun landed counter kicks but mostly leg kicks, Machida stuffed knees down the pipe several times in the first 2 rounds... and I might add, stuffed multiple take down attempts. Machida looked bad but in a close fight like that where only one fighter landed anything of consequence in the first two rounds the champ is going to get the benefit of the doubt (as it should be).

you are discounting the effects of legkick

shogun came in and executed a perfect gameplan against a man some (myself included) saw as untouchable

instead of being rewarded for winning the fight as damn near everyone thinks he did, he's screwed out of a decision

i dont see how you (in the general sense) can find 3 rounds that Machida won in that fight

:doh:

Shogun was pushing the action the entire fight, landing vicious kicks on Machida, and clearly won at the very least 3 of those 5 rounds (1, 4, 5).

I didn't see "vicious kicks" I saw counter kicks mostly to the legs, none of which put Machida in any really danger at all. As for "pushing the action" what you say is stylistic differences. Machida has never "pushed the action" he is by definition a perimeter counter puncher. Shogun is a Muay Tai fighter fighting inside out.

Did you at any point in the fight see Machida close to taking any damage that looked like it could stop the fight? I saw Shogun twice HOLD ON to Machida after taking a massive knee... and it was obvious that all he was doing was holding on as we all know how ground game is good and none of those desperation "attempts" did anything but keep him from falling down while he caught his breath.

you are discounting the effects of legkick

shogun came in and executed a perfect gameplan against a man some (myself included) saw as untouchable

instead of being rewarded for winning the fight as damn near everyone thinks he did, he's screwed out of a decision

i dont see how you (in the general sense) can find 3 rounds that Machida won in that fight

The value of leg kicks is to slow someone down. He accomplished that... and what did he do with it? The answer is nothing at all. The knees Machida landed in rounds 1 and 2 gave him the fight along with stuffing every take down effect completely.

Edited by Destino

I enjoyed the hell out of the fight - it was awesome and I liked the styles.

The decision was possibly a bigger robbery than anything I've ever seen in boxing.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were among the wine and cheese L.A. crowd who took time out of their tanning beds to go see some entertainment.

I think during every fight I heard some kind of "boo" :rolleyes: