Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Because he didn't get to 265lbs of muscle with probably around 10% body fat without the juice. It's no secret that you can cycle on and off PED's in a way to avoid getting popped.

I just have my doubts that he's abstaining. Just an opinion, nothing else. Like I said earlier, I've had a couple close friends who got huge because of PED's and they've all became addicted to the results and go into a full blown panic when they cycle off and don't get the results they're used to. Doesn't take long for them to get back on pretty quick.

Brock is no where near 10% bf not even close... I'm pretty postive Brock juiced during the wwf days because he was much more defined and a bigger man. He actually has lost alot of size and has alot of droopy skin from being so much bigger in his wrestling days..

UFC 105: we apologize for the lack of talent

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang: this is a "loser becomes a gatekeeper" fight. bisping needs to show he isn't gunshy after having been disconnected from consciousness by Henderson. Kang needs to rediscover the form that once allowed him to go 23 fights without a loss. standup is probably even, Kang has better wrestling. Kang also has a bjj blackbelt (although i cant think of a blackbelt who's been submitted more than him).

Kang by Split Decision

Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy: #1 contenders match, even though whoever wins still will not have defeated a top 10 ranked WW before they get the title shot. Hardy is probably more varied in his striking, but Swick has the speed and power. neither is really a threat on the ground, but Swick has the advantage.

Swick by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera: Couture may still be going strong at 46, but his reflexes and chin are starting to show age. Vera seems to take a relaxant before entering the ring because he isn't as aggressive as used to be. Couture will no doubt want to avoid exchanges with Vera and push him against the cage for some clinch fighting. the problem with that strategy is that it walks right into Vera's muay thai game. Vera is also schooled in greco roman wrestling, so i wouldn't be surprised if he is able to hold his own against Couture in the clinch. Randy's chin will be his downfall in the fight as he gets clipped and Vera will pounce.

Vera by (T)KO, 3rd Round

i dont care enough about the other fights on this card to make picks

Edited by StillUnknown

UFC 105: The British events always disappoint

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang: This is Bisping's gift fight from Daddy Dana. He'd better win.

Bisping by Decision.

Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy: FOTN candidate. I have no idea who to pick. Either one could land the right shot (or the opening shot of a barrage) that ends it.

Swick by TKO,1st Round (USA! USA!)

Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera: Couture may still be going strong at 46, but his reflexes and chin are starting to show age. Vera seems to take a relaxant before entering the ring because he isn't as aggressive as used to be. Couture will no doubt want to avoid exchanges with Vera and push him against the cage for some clinch fighting. the problem with that strategy is that it walks right into Vera's muay thai game. Vera is also schooled in greco roman wrestling, so i wouldn't be surprised if he is able to hold his own against Couture in the clinch. Randy's chin will be his downfall in the fight as he gets clipped and Vera will pounce.

Vera by (T)KO, 3rd Round

StillUnknown- I couldn't change a letter of your analysis of the main event. Even if you end up being wrong, it's still the right way to look at this matchup. I even think Randy will get clipped sooner than the 3rd. Of course I'm rooting for Couture.

Edited by Chachie

Chachie, I definitely agree. The British events are usually duds.

Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang: Loudmouth Bisping has had four months to get over that highlight reel KO that Hendo gave him back in the summer. The only good fighters he's faced have beat him, and yes I count the Hamill fight as a loss for Bisping :silly:

Bisping continues his ways of fighting nobodies and has beens, winning in unspectacular and debatable fasion.

Bisping by UD

Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy: Like Chachie mentioned, this has FOTN potential. No rhyme or reason here but I like Hardy to win by KTFO, putting Swick's WW title dreams on hold.

Hardy by KO Round 2

Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera: Vera is younger and faster and can actually wrestle with Randy, plus he has great Muay Thai. That being said, Randy has just come off of fights with Brock and (a hell of a fight with) Nogueira. Vera has been fighting boring fights with guys of mediocre talent and I can't forgive him for that Reese Andy fight. Randy's been fighting superior competition by far and I think Randy is stronger and may be able to control Vera, pressing him against the cage and wearing him down to be susceptible for a takedown and some ground & pound at some point.

Randy UD

the injuries keep coming:

Big Nog has Severe Staph Infection & Cain has knee surgery

Dana White: Lesnar Not Getting Well Anytime Soon; Collapsed while in Canada

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has already re-scheduled his bout with Shane Carwin twice. Now it appears to be off indefinitely.

At Saturday night's UFC 105 post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White said the mononucleosis that had been bothering Lesnar is still present, but the champ is now suffering a new set of illnesses, as well.

"I am worried about it," White said. "I can't really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape. He's in really bad shape.

"I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

White said he wasn't sure how serious the new illnesses were and whether they could be career- or even life-threatening.

"I don't know," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I've got to get him to one of these really good hospitals with really good doctors to figure out what's wrong and how we get him better."

White said Lesnar collapsed while spending time on a retreat in Canada and was checked into a hospital.

"[Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don't really know all that's wrong with him," White said. "He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there.

"He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him."

White said he's not yet sure what the UFC will do regarding the heavyweight division with its champion on the shelf for an indeterminable amount of time.

"If it's a long wait, we're gong to have to do something," White said. "We're going to have to – the last thing I ever want to do is strip a guy who won a title. That's the last thing I want to do. I don't know if we'll have to do an interim or what we'll do to fix it."

White said there's still more questions than answers surrounding his heavyweight champion, but one thing was certain: Lesnar will be on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

"He is not good," White said. "He is very, very sick, and he's going to be out for a while.

"He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape. He's not well. He's not going to be getting well anytime soon.

I really hate Michael Bisping. That is all.

me too. kang quit though, he needs to be cut

Edited by StillUnknown

Damn, Brock sounds like he's in bad shape. I hope he gets better.

UFC 105 was just what I expected, pretty boring overall, definitely not a card I would've paid for. Obviously Dana put it on to try and steal eyeballs from the Pacquiao card.

And I agree, I hate Bisping too. I basically expected him to win though, he's just a slightly above-average fighter that fights average guys most of the time. I'm sure his next bout will be against Pete Sell or some other scrub.

not that vera looked great, but i'm trying to figure how randy can win a decision in which he did absolutely no damage to his opponent

I actually thought it would be a split decision for Randy. I gave Randy round 1, Vera round 2, and I was up in the air on 3. I probably would have given it to Vera.

Randy did do some damage with the dirty boxing and elbows, but probably not as much as Vera did with two kicks. Randy did pretty much control the fight though, so the decision does not surprise me.

me too. kang quit though, he needs to be cut

Oh yeah, agree with you there.

And I agree, I hate Bisping too. I basically expected him to win though, he's just a slightly above-average fighter that fights average guys most of the time. I'm sure his next bout will be against Pete Sell or some other scrub.

Pretty much exactly the situation. I friggin hate that.

And it will be the main event of UFC 112 in Liverpool.

:hysterical:

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bisping/Hendo rematch... :D

I actually thought it would be a split decision for Randy. I gave Randy round 1, Vera round 2, and I was up in the air on 3. I probably would have given it to Vera.

Randy did do some damage with the dirty boxing and elbows, but probably not as much as Vera did with two kicks. Randy did pretty much control the fight though, so the decision does not surprise me.

I thought Randy took the fight for his control too. That was a horrible fight BTW. Vera's fights are almost always terrible but after Randy's fight with Nog, I expected more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bisping/Hendo rematch... :D

I would love to see that fight about seven more times. I still have my fingers crossed that Hendo does not end up in Strikeforce. I will root for him either way, the bottom line is that there are just not that many fights for him there.

But, Dana might be under some pressure now to get Hendo back in the fold with all of these injuries.

I thought Randy took the fight for his control too. That was a horrible fight BTW. Vera's fights are almost always terrible but after Randy's fight with Nog, I expected more.

Randy's fight against Nog was pretty damn good; Vera's last fight against Sozyzyshkdiodfjfrfvvf was better than he usually is. He looked very crisp. Now, I know that Krzysztof is not Randy, but I think if Randy would have given Vera some space, he was going to lose. He had to smother him, and he did. I think Vera does deserve a lot of credit for his takedown defense. I thought Randy was going to be able to take him down with relative ease.

Am I the only one who thought this ended up being an outstanding card minus the main event? I appreciate the main event for what it is but the undercards blew it out of the water.

FTR, GSP takes Hardy down over and over again. That is, if he even lets him up.

Am I the only one who thought this ended up being an outstanding card minus the main event? I appreciate the main event for what it is but the undercards blew it out of the water.

FTR, GSP takes Hardy down over and over again. That is, if he even lets him up.

i feel the same way. the undercard were excellent fights.

Andre Winner's KO of Delgado was just violent

his standup game is some of the best at 155

Edited by StillUnknown

Andre Winner's KO of Delgado was just violent

his standup game is some of the best at 155

That was a classic Hendo overhand right that he threw.

When I saw that Delgado was 6-3 and fighting at 155 pounds I knew it was going to end badly. My girlfriend even said something about how skinny he was. BTW, "delgado" actually means "thin" in Spanish. :laugh:

That was a classic Hendo overhand right that he threw.

When I saw that Delgado was 6-3 and fighting at 155 pounds I knew it was going to end badly. My girlfriend even said something about how skinny he was. BTW, "delgado" actually means "thin" in Spanish. :laugh:

when i saw the beard i knew he was in trouble. it screamed "i'm not tough enough on my own, so i've grown this beard"

14yblu9.jpg

Edited by StillUnknown