Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

a great night for MMA overall, all the fights were pretty good. a great representation of MMA for anyone who may be new to the sport

Emphasis on the mixed martial arts. Maybe it's just me but I do see a more varied application of styles from each fighter in Strikeforce than I do in the UFC.

Emphasis on the mixed martial arts. Maybe it's just me but I do see a more varied application of styles from each fighter in Strikeforce than I do in the UFC.

There does seem to be a bit more diversity in Strikeforce. Not sure why, but I like it.

Gotta love the Judo/Aikido throws that have been going on lately as well as the sambo that Fedor uses.

I gained some respect for Brett Rogers, he's going to be a great fighter and at his size it'll be tough for guys to beat him.

Lesnar would destroy Fedor, he's too big, fast, strong, and would simply over power Fedor. If Rogers was more polished this fight might already be over. Now I know why Fedor's managers didn't want him to fight Lesnar.

STFU! Dude you're insane. Lesnar wouldn't dominate Rogers, they're close to the same size. Did you see how easily Fedor threw his ass? Seriously, wrong on so many levels it's not funny. Not saying Lesnar is an easy fight but by no means is he polished. All Lesnar has is size when compared to Fedor's credentials.

STFU! Dude you're insane. Lesnar wouldn't dominate Rogers, they're close to the same size. Did you see how easily Fedor threw his ass? Seriously, wrong on so many levels it's not funny. Not saying Lesnar is an easy fight but by no means is he polished. All Lesnar has is size when compared to Fedor's credentials.

Exactly.

Rogers is more relaxed and smart than Lesnar, which kept him going long enough to have a chance. Lesnar would get on top, go crazy and get armbarred in the first round by Fedor. Lesnar is big and strong, but too stupid to really understand how to fight fedor.

Rogers is legit though, he went in there and fought head up with Fedor

you have to give him credit as well

a great night for MMA overall, all the fights were pretty good. a great representation of MMA for anyone who may be new to the sport

I agree, that was a pretty good card for anyone new to the sport. Not any subs on the main card which sucks, that's always a good way for people just getting started to become a fan of the ground game.

Werdum put up a good fight against Silva and won justly, Mousasi has to be one of the hottest young up and coming fighters right now, Shields came dangerously close to losing that fight in round 3, and Fedor does what he does best lately...ends the fight out of nowhere. He definitely won that first round but I think that early jab, which (IMO) broke his nose, slowed him down some. Either way, props to Brett Rogers for taking it out of the 1st. Hopefully Overeem is next for the Last Emperor.

Edited by #98QBKiller

I think Brock should have to win some fights before earning the right to fight Fedor. I can't believe Dana had the nerve to say this guy isn't even a top 5 HW. Seriously Dana, quit embarrassing the sport by gurgling the junk of your fighters.

The cut slowed him down but how the hell did the guy remain so calm? Never changed his gameplan and dropped Rogers like a bad habit.

I think Brock should have to win some fights before earning the right to fight Fedor. I can't believe Dana had the nerve to say this guy isn't even a top 5 HW. Seriously Dana, quit embarrassing the sport by gurgling the junk of your fighters.

The cut slowed him down but how the hell did the guy remain so calm? Never changed his gameplan and dropped Rogers like a bad habit.

I guarantee if Dana got Fedor to sign, he'd start touting him as "the best ever." That's just how Dana is, he's purely a marketing guy but he's good at it.

I agree though, that cut did slow Fedor down, on the replay it looked brutal and during the post fight interview his nose looked broken. But either way I have to give Rogers credit, he's a legit HW fighter, he's not ready to fight the Fedor's and Nog's yet, but he's good.

And I agree, as far as Lesnar goes, we haven't seen him against someone with one-punch KO power yet, I have a feeling that after he tastes a few shots from someone like Carwin, he might not look so as impressive.

What makes Fedor different from every other HW fighter out there today is his speed. The punch he knocked Rogers down with wasn't a counter-punch, he just simply beat Rogers too the punch because he was smart enough to know Rogers was going to rely on his huge reach advantage to throw jobs, and unless you are SNAPPING that jab, it leaves you open.

Rogers is legit though and I have been saying it since Rogers debut in Elite XC, he is just simply not experienced enough to hang with a guy like Fedor, and neither is the UFC heavyweight roster for the most part. I thinK Rogers is just as good as most of the HW prospects in the UFC, he could probably get in there and bang with guys like Congo, Mir, Carwin, & Cain. That kind of size alone will allow it, but Fedor is known for slaying dragons.

And watch for Dana White's damage control tonight or tomorrow, but the truth is you can't take White's words seriously when he is talking about a non-UFC fighter. Remember how he trashed Kimbo up and down, side to side, day and night? Yet, the minute Kimbo signs with UFC all he manages to see in him is potential and suddenly he is getting fights on the TUF finale against an established fighter like Houston Alexander rather then someone else from the house trying to make a name for themselves.

It is all about business, and Dana knows deep down the truth about Fedor, but until Fedor signs on the UFC's dotted line he will continue to make a fool out of himself regarding Fedor.

Edited by NoCalMike

What makes Fedor different from every other HW fighter out there today is his speed. The punch he knocked Rogers down with wasn't a counter-punch, he just simply beat Rogers too the punch because he was smart enough to know Rogers was going to rely on his huge reach advantage to throw jobs, and unless you are SNAPPING that jab, it leaves you open.

Rogers is legit though and I have been saying it since Rogers debut in Elite XC, he is just simply not experienced enough to hang with a guy like Fedor, and neither is the UFC heavyweight roster for the most part. I thinK Rogers is just as good as most of the HW prospects in the UFC, he could probably get in there and bang with guys like Congo, Mir, Carwin, & Cain. That kind of size alone will allow it, but Fedor is known for slaying dragons.

And watch for Dana White's damage control tonight or tomorrow, but the truth is you can't take White's words seriously when he is talking about a non-UFC fighter. Remember how he trashed Kimbo up and down, side to side, day and night? Yet, the minute Kimbo signs with UFC all he manages to see in him is potential and suddenly he is getting fights on the TUF finale against an established fighter like Houston Alexander rather then someone else from the house trying to make a name for themselves.

It is all about business, and Dana knows deep down the truth about Fedor, but until Fedor signs on the UFC's dotted line he will continue to make a fool out of himself regarding Fedor.

Its a shame that we never got to see Kimbo vs Rogers. Rogers called out Kimbo after the James Thompson fight. If Elite XC hadnt gone under we would have been able to see a dream match between Rogers and Kimbo. Kimbo is basically invincible standing up. It would have been a great fight.

i'm patiently waiting for the 18th, Mike Brown vs. Jose Aldo

thats the one i want to see most right now

That has FOTY written all over it.

You speak the truth man. Dana's a business man and he'll distort the facts about any fighter that's not under contract with the UFC. We've been hearing Dana's nonsense about Fedor forever but as soon as he's a free agent, Dana's trying to throw Dan Snyder money at him.

And I actually wouldn't mind seeing Rogers in the UFC. After last night's fight, I'm sure that he could make some noise in their HW division.

Rogers would annihilate that hack Kimbo Slice.

Yeah, I like Kimbo as a person and I admire the fact that he's trying to work his way up in the sport, but he's lucky that Brett Rogers didn't get a shot at him while they were in EliteXC.

Did you see what Kimbo did to Big D and Rasta in his youtube videos. He broke some guys eye socket. Kimbo is the real deal.

Those guys were bums off the street with no training. He's going up against professionals now, guys that have been training for years and years. How else can you explain the Petruzzelli KO?

Did you see what Kimbo did to Big D and Rasta in his youtube videos. He broke some guys eye socket. Kimbo is the real deal.

The reason Kimbo became interested in MMA was because he got his ass beat by an MMA fighter. Until that fight he'd been dominating the streets so getting beat made him want to be part of the MMA scene.

I remember seeing the video and the guy could have knee'd Kimbo to death but the "ref" kept yelling "No knees"! Kimbo still don't have an answer for knees.

Edited by ZoEd

did you see what a natural 205lb'er did to Kimbo?:

e9t0ki.jpg

The reason Kimbo became interested in MMA was because he got his ass beat by an MMA fighter. Until that fight he'd been dominating the streets so getting beat made him want to be part of the MMA scene.

I remember seeing the video and the guy could have knee'd Kimbo to death but the "ref" kept yelling "No knees"! Kimbo still don't have an answer for knees.

in kimbo's defense, both men agreed that knees wouldn't be apart of that fight before it started. stupid rules to begin with, but if they agreed, he should've honored those rules

Edited by StillUnknown