Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I don't see how they could have known. It's not like the infamous text message read: I just killed my family, now I'm going to kill myself.

I'm sure the message was vague, and it wasn't until after they were found dead that people started to piece things together.

At 8 pm last night, there was no way that the WWE could have known what transpired. If they did, they would not have put on the tribute show that they did last night.

My proof is how fast they rid themselves from everything Benoit today....

Their best bet would've been to say nothing on Monday.

Just show a series of some of the greatest matches from past PPVs, until things became clearer.

It should've sounded an alarm bell that they were hearing that everyone in the house was dead, and that several in the WWE were getting strange text messages from Benoit (prompting them to call the police and check things out).

I haven't watched wrestling in YEARS, but I do remember Benoit. He was a great wrestler, but if he did what they said, he didn't deserve a tribute last night.

Hindsight is 20/20 true, but, the WWE is going to take some understandable heat for this.

Well, I really hope this isn't true, despite the reports... But I'd be hanging out in virtual reality if I thought the report was going to change.

Damnit. Your wife and your little boy!?

****!

I think just about all of us have been in denial and even after the reports that came out part of me still doesn't want to believe he ended life being a piece ****.

Got home from work & made my rounds again. I found this from 1wrestling.com

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29059

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT

By: Bob Ryder

6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6964090

Other prominent wrestler deaths

/ FOXSports.com

Posted: 40 minutes ago

Other prominent wrestler deaths ...

Adrian Adonis — Died in 1988 when his rented minivan hit a moose in Newfoundland, Canada, where vehicle-hits-moose accidents are common, but not necessarily fatal.

Andre the Giant — Died in 1993 of congestive heart failure, a byproduct of the growth hormone secreting pituitary tumor, a condition he had for most of his life but chose not to have treated.

Big Boss Man — Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor was found dead in his home as a result of a heart attack in 2004.

Dino Bravo — Died after being shot several times, twice in the head, in 1993. Bravo was allegedly involved with an organized crime group based in Montreal that dealt with illegal cigarettes.

Frank "Bruiser Brody" Goodish — Stabbed to death by fellow wrestler Jose Gonzalez after getting into a fight in 1988.

Eddie Guerrero — Died of heart failure in 2005. Guerrero was found with a toothbrush in his mouth near the bathroom of his hotel room in Minneapolis, where he was to take part in WWE's big SuperShow TV taping for RAW and SmackDown.

Owen Hart — Died from falling from the rafters of Kansas City's Kemper Arena in 1999. It is believed his costume got caught in the rigging wires of the rafters as he was about to make his entrance. Hart fell 50 feet, landed in the ring and died of critical shock trauma caused by the impact of the fall.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Was found dead in his Tampa, Fla. hotel room in 2003. Cause of death is unknown.

Junkyard Dog — Sylvester "Junkyard Dog" Ritter died after falling asleep while driving his car and hitting a tree.

Miss Elizabeth — Elizabeth Huelette died of a drug overdose of alcohol and pain pills in 2003.

"Ravishing" Rick Rude — Died of a heart attack in 1999. It was rumored that Rude overdosed on prescription pills.

Chris Von Erich — Died in 1991 after committing suicide by shooting himself.

David Von Erich — Died in 1984 of a drug overdose.

Kerry Von Erich — Died in 1993 after committing suicide by shooting himself. Von Erich had been arrested that same day on cocaine possession, violating his probation on another drug charge.

Mike Von Erich — Died in 1987 after committing suicide by overdosing on Placidly, a tranquilizer.

Yokozuna — Died in 2000 of a heart attack. Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoia weighed approximately 600 pounds at the time of his death.

Found this sad and interesting.

and this.

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65

Chris Von Erich - 21

Mike Von Erich - 23

Louie Spiccoli - 27

Art Barr - 28

Gino Hernandez - 29

Jay Youngblood - 30

Rick McGraw - 30

Joey Marella - 30

Ed Gatner - 31

Buzz Sawyer - 32

Crash Holly - 32

Kerry Von Erich - 33

D.J. Peterson - 33

Eddie Gilbert - 33

The Renegade - 33

Owen Hart - 33

Chris Candido - 33

Adrian Adonis - 34

Gary Albright - 34

Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34

Yokozuna - 34

Big Dick Dudley - 34

Brian Pillman - 35

Marianna Komlos - 35

Pitbull #2 - 36

The Wall/Malice - 36

Leroy Brown - 38

Mark Curtis - 38

Eddie Guerrero - 38

Davey Boy Smith - 39

Johnny Grunge - 39

Vivian Vachon - 40

Jeep Swenson - 40

Brady Boone - 40

Terry Gordy - 40

Bertha Faye - 40

Billy Joe Travis - 40

Chris Benoit - 40

Larry Cameron - 41

Rick Rude - 41

Randy Anderson - 41

Bruiser Brody - 42

Miss Elizabeth - 42

Big Boss Man - 42

Earthquake - 42

Mike Awesome - 42

Ray Candy - 43

Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43

Dino Bravo - 44

Curt Hennig - 44

Bam Bam Bigelow - 45

Jerry Blackwell - 45

Junkyard Dog - 45

Hercules - 45

Andre the Giant - 46

Big John Studd - 46

Chris Adams - 46

Mike Davis - 46

Hawk - 46

Dick Murdoch - 49

Jumbo Tsuruta - 49

Rocco Rock - 49

Sherri Martel - 49

Moondog Spot - 51

Ken Timbs - 53

Uncle Elmer - 54

Pez Whatley - 54

Eddie Graham - 55

Tarzan Tyler - 55

Haystacks Calhoun- 55

Giant Haystacks - 55

The Spoiler - 56

Kurt Von Hess - 56

Moondog King - 56

Gene Anderson - 58

Dr. Jerry Graham - 58

Bulldog Brown - 58

Tony Parisi - 58

Rufus R. Jones - 60

Ray Stevens - 60

Stan Stasiak - 60

Terry Garvin - 60

Boris Malenko - 61

Little Beaver - 61

Sapphire - 61

Shohei Baba - 61

Dick the Bruiser - 62

Wilbur Snyder - 62

George Cannon - 62

Karl Krupp - 62

Dale Lewis - 62

Gorilla Monsoon - 62

Hiro Matsuda - 62

Bad News Brown - 63

Bulldog Brower - 63

Wahoo McDaniel - 63

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

:(

This is crazy... As the day progresses.. it just gets crazier and crazier. To the point where I am left speechless..

I don't know.. this is unreal.

1bob is not exactly the New York Times of wrestling journalism. It's not even really the NYPost.

I would listen to Meltzer and Meltzer only at this point.

(What's odd to me is that I have not been a part of the IWC for years. I was barely a part of it when I was a part of it. And yet, I still know who all these idiots are. Where's Al Isaacs now that we need him most?)

It just got a little more strange

"In an interview with ESPN.com, District Attorney Scott Ballard reveals needle marks were found on the arms of Daniel Benoit and he had been injected with growth hormones because 'the family considered him undersized.'"

- 1wrestling

This guy was a friggin lunatic.

The "Text message"

PWTorch.com --

"PWTorch can now report the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. The message, according to our sources, said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/us/27wrestler.html?ref=us

Wrestler Killed Wife and Son, Then Himself

By BRENDA GOODMAN

Published: June 27, 2007

ATLANTA, June 26 — Chris Benoit, a professional wrestler known as the Canadian Crippler, killed his wife and 7-year-old son in their house in Fayetteville, Ga., over the weekend before taking his own life by hanging himself with a cable from a weight machine in his home gym, investigators said Tuesday.

The authorities found the bodies on Monday afternoon as they were checking on the family at the request of Mr. Benoit’s employer, World Wrestling Entertainment, said Lt. Tommy Pope, lead investigator with the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office.

On its Web site, the wrestling organization said it called the authorities after receiving several “curious” text messages from Mr. Benoit early Sunday morning.

Investigators searching the house found Nancy E. Benoit, 43, in an upstairs family room with her hands and feet bound and blood under her head, said Scott Ballard, the Fayette County district attorney.

Deputies found Daniel C. Benoit, 7, dead in his bed.

Investigators said no note was left at the scene, but a Bible had been placed next to each victim.

An autopsy determined that both had been asphyxiated, though mother and son were apparently killed hours apart.

“While we don’t have that nailed down completely,” Mr. Ballard said, “it would appear that some period of time elapsed between the death of the two victims and the suicide, and it struck me as somewhat bizarre that perhaps he would even be in the home with their deceased bodies.”

Mr. Ballard said a number of prescription drugs were found in the home, including anabolic steroids, and that they appeared to have been prescribed legally for Mr. Benoit.

The authorities would not speculate on a motive, but said Ms. Benoit had filed for divorce and had applied for a restraining order against her husband in 2003, saying Mr. Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

She later dropped the complaint.

People who knew the Benoits were shocked by the deaths.

“I’m in the dark,” said Kevin Sullivan, a former professional wrestler who was previously married to Nancy Benoit. “I wrestled with him a lot. I thought he was a great performer.”

Mr. Sullivan added, “Last night when I found out, it was shocking, just shocking.”

Though toxicology tests will not be completed for weeks, the presence of steroids in the home has led wrestling observers to speculate that the wrestler may have snapped in an episode of “’roid rage.”

But Christopher Nowinski, a former professional wrestler who worked with Mr. Benoit, and who was forced to quit because of head injuries, said he believed that repeated, untreated concussions might have caused his friend to snap.

“He was one of the only guys who would take a chair shot to the back of the head,” Mr. Nowinski said, “which is stupid.”

Mr. Nowinski has written a book called “Head Games: Football’s Concussion Crisis” (Drummond Publishing Group, 2006), about chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a condition that can cause memory loss, depression and “bizarre, paranoid behavior.”

Mr. Nowinski said that he had been trying to persuade the coroner examining Mr. Benoit to allow a brain exam to look for the telltale neurofibrillary tangles in the brain’s cortex, but that he had thus far been rebuffed.

“Part of me hopes there was something wrong with his brain,” Mr. Nowinski said. “The Chris Benoit I knew was always more concerned about everybody else’s well-being than his own.”

Article from WWE

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chrisbenoittimeline

Written: June 26, 2007

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone

“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.

Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.

Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone

“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Found it interesting that 4 of the messages are the same and how closely they were sent.

But Christopher Nowinski, a former professional wrestler who worked with Mr. Benoit, and who was forced to quit because of head injuries, said he believed that repeated, untreated concussions might have caused his friend to snap.

“He was one of the only guys who would take a chair shot to the back of the head,” Mr. Nowinski said, “which is stupid.”

Mr. Nowinski has written a book called “Head Games: Football’s Concussion Crisis” (Drummond Publishing Group, 2006), about chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a condition that can cause memory loss, depression and “bizarre, paranoid behavior.”

Mr. Nowinski said that he had been trying to persuade the coroner examining Mr. Benoit to allow a brain exam to look for the telltale neurofibrillary tangles in the brain’s cortex, but that he had thus far been rebuffed.

“Part of me hopes there was something wrong with his brain,” Mr. Nowinski said. “The Chris Benoit I knew was always more concerned about everybody else’s well-being than his own.”

Nowinski was the Harvard grad that won Tuff Enough a few years ago. I saw the other week either the NFL Network or Real Sports with Bryant Gumble. He made a hell of a case for checking brain waves in regards to concussions. I believe this around the time Goodall announce more concussion eduvcation for the NFL.

Article from WWE

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chairmanbenoit

Written: June 26, 2007

A link from the WWE of what Mr.McMahon said to start off ECW. I believe they are handling this in the best way that the probably can. I know it seems bad that they had a tribute for a guy that is all but confirmed to have killed his family, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do.

The best thing the WWE can to is avoid any affiliation with Chris Benoit from this point forward which it seems they are going to do.

The opening Match Featured WWE Champion John Cena against ECW Champion Johhny Nitro. That was a great win by Cena. I like that the Hot Rod Roddy Piper put cake in Matt strkers face and then threw him back in the ring for the Boogeyman. The best 2 out of 3 falls between C.M Punk and Burke for the ECW number 1 contenders spot should be interesting.

The ONLY thing to do. They should have waited until details were released. WAIT!!!! Vince is alive???? Man, I really thought he was a gonner! That wrestling **** is so realistic!

While I agree now that they should have waited for the details, I don't believe that they would think Benoit was that kind of a person when they were airing the tribute. Unfortunatlely, he was a sick ****, and it turned out to be a very bad decision to do the tribute.

The point I was trying to make is that they are doing the right thing now by not having affiliation with him or the situation (other than updates on their website) from this point forward.

I was wondering want does the last part of your response have anything to do with what you quoted me on. I never said anything of the sort pertaining to wrestling as being real. For the record I know it's fake and have known ever since I was about 6 years which is when I pretty much started watching it.

Vince needs to clean up wrestling or there may not be much left, the drugs, the steriods is not only ruining the sport but now killing innocent people.

Just by glancing at the roster I'd say more than 50% of them take or have tooken steroids at one point.