Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Guest sith lord

How did this thread fall to page 12? Anyway, last night's TNA's Lockdown was pretty good. Joe defeated Angle in a MMA style match to win the world heavyweight title was the highlight.

Mike Adamle is the wrestling equivalent of the "Boom Goes the Dynamite" sportscaster video on youtube. Some of his "gems" from last night:

calling a leglock a "figure four":doh:

introducing Tazz as, "The Tazz"

calling Miz and Morrison the "WW Tag Team Champions"

and being caught on camera reading from his paper, with old man glasses on.

ECW started dying when WWE made it one of their shows, was officially killed when Vince won the ECW Championship, and with Adamle replacing Joey Styles, it has now experienced the equivalent of somebody digging up a grave and peeing in it....

Did anyone notice Undertaker and Kane wearing their belts around their waist last night? I didn't think any wrestlers did this anymore. It was old school..............

Every week when I watch wrestling I am constantly ****ing out loud about how the champions don't wear the belts. It's not a trophy to be waved around in your hand nor something to throw over your shoulder. You wear belts around your waist. I wish that the WWE and TNA would make it mandatory to wear them. I think that it would help to even the smallest degree to bring validity to the non-World Title belts because they aren't really cared about anymore, especially in the WWE.

Wear the belts, douchebags.

I went to a local MMA event last night in Raleigh and Jeff Hardy and the Hurricane, Gregory Helms, were there. I was outside smoking at one point with a friend and Jeff Hardy came out and bummed a light then just hung out talking to us for about 20 min.

He said he'll be back in mid May. He was real down to earth and a nice guy.

I told him I was sorry to hear about his house burning down, and he said they are building a house now. It was interesting because he said he was supposed to win the Money in the bank ladder match at Wrestlemania. He even talked about both of his suspensions and what happened.

I went to a local MMA event last night in Raleigh and Jeff Hardy and the Hurricane, Gregory Helms, were there. I was outside smoking at one point with a friend and Jeff Hardy came out and bummed a light then just hung out talking to us for about 20 min.

He said he'll be back in mid May. He was real down to earth and a nice guy.

I told him I was sorry to hear about his house burning down, and he said they are building a house now. It was interesting because he said he was supposed to win the Money in the bank ladder match at Wrestlemania. He even talked about both of his suspensions and what happened.

That's cool to see he was laid back and just one of the guys. For his sake, I hope he stays out of trouble; especially since he was in the middle of a huge push. Good to see that they are having a new home rebuilt (although it sucks he lost his dog).

I wonder how much that promotion is paying Hellwig to wrestle. Considering the fact that he's an extortionist and has always been WAY overpaid.

He's smart enough to know that his gimmick sells and theres nothing else like it, it's not extortion it's called good business. He was smart enough not be owned by McMahon, one of the few.

Before his match at Summerslam 1991, Hellwig demanded that McMahon give him a large amount of money or he would not participate in the match. Being the business man that McMahon was, he ended up paying him the sum of money. Now, Hellwig claims the money he was asking for were bonuses from Wrestlemania VII. I don't believe it for the simple fact that the WWF wasn't choking on the nut by any means at the time. If they owed him money, considering the fact he was their #1 draw, he would've paid him. McMahon is not that stupid.

So in that one instance to me, Hellwig was an extortionist.

Before his match at Summerslam 1991, Hellwig demanded that McMahon give him a large amount of money or he would not participate in the match. Being the business man that McMahon was, he ended up paying him the sum of money. Now, Hellwig claims the money he was asking for were bonuses from Wrestlemania VII. I don't believe it for the simple fact that the WWF wasn't choking on the nut by any means at the time. If they owed him money, considering the fact he was their #1 draw, he would've paid him. McMahon is not that stupid.

So in that one instance to me, Hellwig was an extortionist.

McMahon has a long history of ****ing his wrestlers over with bonus money,hence the last time Hogan walked out. I'd believe Hellwig over McMahon anyday. Wrestlers are classified as sub-cotracted employees, therefore self-employed, McMahon therefore has to pay them at there discretion. He avoids having to pay them health insurance this way, stop watching so many WWe made documentaries. And by the way that's not extortion, it's business. Warrior had a product McMahon needed, that product was in high demand, the price went up.

extortion - Extortion, outwresting, or exaction is a criminal offense, which occurs when a person either unlawfully obtains money, property or services from a person, entity, or institution through coercion or intimidation or threatens a person, entity, or institution with physical or reputational harm unless he is paid money or property .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion