Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Phoward..youre right with the showmanship missing.

Jake the Snake.

Rowdy Roddy

But what I really miss are the Bobby "the brain", Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Jim Coronette's(sp). Those guys were experts at doing what needed to be done in order to get the crowd into it and could carry the wrestlers that werent very savvy when it came to being a personality.

I'll never forget Jimmy Hart and the "BAN THE DDT" signs he used to carry.

But what I really miss are the Bobby "the brain", Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Jim Coronette's(sp). Those guys were experts at doing what needed to be done in order to get the crowd into it and could carry the wrestlers that werent very savvy when it came to being a personality.

I'll never forget Jimmy Hart and the "BAN THE DDT" signs he used to carry.

Oh man, I remember Jim Cornette, with the covered tennis racket. That guy was funny as hell. Bobby Heenan was pretty good at managing as well.

The lack of managers is one of the things that hurts wrestling today. WWE doesn't have many young guys who have that charisma on the mic to sell a promo. Hart, Cornette, Heenan, DiBiase, Slick, Albano, and countless other managers were the great piece to their wrestlers. I still get chills watching Heenan's promo during WM 3 with Andre the Giant in the locker room.

I think Flair would be a perfect fit as a manager, for obvious reasons. WWE could use more managers or at least try to bring somebody back instead of the surplus of "female talent" on their roster.

Guest sith lord
The lack of managers is one of the things that hurts wrestling today. WWE doesn't have many young guys who have that charisma on the mic to sell a promo. Hart, Cornette, Heenan, DiBiase, Slick, Albano, and countless other managers were the great piece to their wrestlers. I still get chills watching Heenan's promo during WM 3 with Andre the Giant in the locker room.

I think Flair would be a perfect fit as a manager, for obvious reasons. WWE could use more managers or at least try to bring somebody back instead of the surplus of "female talent" on their roster.

The reason there's not as many managers is because more guys today can do their own talking for the most part. Back then, there were tons of wrestlers that couldn't talk. That's why you had so many managers.

But I do agree, wrestling is missing that aspect.

Guest sith lord
I'm thinking more along the lines of the Killer Bees or Conquistadors, but that's just me. :D

I would love to see a good technical tagteam to surface. Kind of like Blanchard/Anderson.

I would love to see a good technical tagteam to surface. Kind of like Blanchard/Anderson.

LOD brought a sense of dominance and intimidation.

Rock n Roll Express brought the glam of the 80s.

Fabulous Freebirds had every angle of 1 wrestler in all 3 of them. One was good looking, one a brut and the third was technically sound. The Von Erichs were awesome.

The Hart Foundation were great technical and Jim "The Anvil" was an intimidating man.

The Stieners before Big Poppa Pump went overboard with the injections.

Just get some friends together like I did, have everyone pitch in $5, and order the show. You get an uninterrupted feed and you don't miss anything. It's worth it.

You seriously took a look at that card and thought that was worth $52 or $62(in HD)?