Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

On a different note. I think Otunga should start getting a push and see how people react to him. Wrestlemania was the first time I've watched in a while so I don't know everything going on in his story, but the guy definitely has the look. I could see him with a heavyweight belt. Not a sudden shot through the rankings, say maybe domination in the secondary belt level first.

You know what I love about wrestling. How stuff just happens. I wish the WWE was better at just letting stuff happen.

For example, Punk-Henry. This needs to be a huge feud. Jericho-Punk is fine for what it is. They are great wrestlers who are going to have great matches because they have great matches. But Punk-Henry can be a story. I would happily watch Henry beat the **** of Punk for weeks but for some reason can't quite win the title - countouts, dqs, whatever - until Punk finally solves the puzzle.

They did this years ago with Vader-Michaels except they condensed it to one match and it didn't quite work, because for all of Michael's greatness, he was not great at selling. Basically, the match turned into Michaels being dead until he wasn't.

So much weird stuff happened last night that I'm certain they did not script. Daniel Bryan is apparently the biggest star in the company not named Lesnar. Punk-Henry have insane chemistry. Cena became a heel by refusing to be a heel. Will they role with this? Or will Vince get pissed that people aren't reacting the way he told them to?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

You know what I love about wrestling. How stuff just happens. I wish the WWE was better at just letting stuff happen.

You sir just summed up the biggest reason why I believe the WWE has fallen by the wayside. Obviously some things will be scripted, and certain people need to get sampled to see if they have what it takes for a push. However, things should be written around the crowds reaction. The storyline needs to be flexible, instead of just having it set in stone.

I went on a hiatus from wrestling years back. Can anybody explain to me when and why the WWE made the PG switch? I hadn't seen blood for a long time before the HHH Undertaker HIAC, and even that seemed to be accidental. To me the most exciting things used to be the hardcore matches, the high flying maneuvers and the **** talking. Raunchy storytelling was exactly what I wanted as a 10 year old, they always toed the line it seemed like. I was always having to explain how I understood that Mr. Ass was inappropriate to my parents and that middle fingers were not an appropriate gesture... but I wouldn't have had wrestling any other way.

The WWE doesn't need to parent people's children. That's what parents are for...

As much as a Cena full fledged heel turn is needed to breathe new life into a ****ty character that only kiddies like, it'll never happen. Being Vince's cash cow aside, he's simply to important to the Make A Wish Foundation to ever turn heel.

You sir just summed up the biggest reason why I believe the WWE has fallen by the wayside. Obviously some things will be scripted, and certain people need to get sampled to see if they have what it takes for a push. However, things should be written around the crowds reaction. The storyline needs to be flexible, instead of just having it set in stone.

I went on a hiatus from wrestling years back. Can anybody explain to me when and why the WWE made the PG switch? I hadn't seen blood for a long time before the HHH Undertaker HIAC, and even that seemed to be accidental. To me the most exciting things used to be the hardcore matches, the high flying maneuvers and the **** talking. Raunchy storytelling was exactly what I wanted as a 10 year old, they always toed the line it seemed like. I was always having to explain how I understood that Mr. Ass was inappropriate to my parents and that middle fingers were not an appropriate gesture... but I wouldn't have had wrestling any other way.

The WWE doesn't need to parent people's children. That's what parents are for...

Once They became a public company it was downhill from there. Don't want to tick off those shareholders.

I just watched RAW. Holy crap that was awesome. I marked out when Rock said he wanted to be champion again. I wonder if he'll be the guy to join the belts back together into one or something to that effect down the road.

Cena got totally overpowered during his promo, but to be honest, he handled it quite well.

As much as a Cena full fledged heel turn is needed to breathe new life into a ****ty character that only kiddies like, it'll never happen. Being Vince's cash cow aside, he's simply to important to the Make A Wish Foundation to ever turn heel.

I wish you were wrong, but unfortunately know you are right. The WWE has worked him into a role where he is either the guy you love to love or love to hate (based on age, taste in a wrestling hero).

Not to mention that as long as the face of the franchise is spouting off stuff about "rising above the hate" and never giving up and all that other hot garbage, the WWE has a much better PR image than they did 12 years ago.

I read somewhere that Triple H is the next Vince McMahon. I knew he married Stephanie but I guess I never thought that he was the heir to the WWE throne. That makes me happy for two reasons. Loved the guy ever since I saw him walk around the ring and shake every fan's hand at an '08 Smackdown when the show went off the air. Second reason is because his time in wrestling definitely gives him an eye for what's good and what isn't (as opposed to a Shane McMahon).

For the past few years HHH has been taking more control of the backstage stuff for shows. I read that he ran a whole European tour that went really well and the talent backstage respects him for the way he handles everything.

On Cena....I don't know if you can turn Cena into full heel. Even with Austin I don't think they were able to do that. At best they made him the "F-U" to everybody guy who just didn't care. When they tried to make Austin "evil" siding with the bad guys, it never went over well. Orton, Edge, Jericho, Miz are able to go heel. Cena will just have to say to the crowd "I'm tired of doing this for you.....I'm doing this for me and I don't care if you boo every match". But telling the crowd they suck, or "cheating" to win a match isn't going to work for him.

Best RAW ending since CM Punk rant. Brock just coming out and f5'ing Cena and then RAW ends :ols:

How goofy did Cena look during that?

There is one direction that they can go with Cena that is kind of interesting: He can just be a mark. I mean, no other wrestler in history would have stood in that ring and given his basic spiel about honor and decency while getting booed out of the building and then turned around to see a remorseless killing machine like Brock and reacted with....a smile and a handshake. Seriously...who does that? (And does it well dressed like a little kid I should add?)

There is an interesting character in that - something like Kurt Angle's All American Dork crossed with a corporate yes man. Someone eager to get into the ring with Brock becase it's good for the company - even if it is bad for your spine.

If you do that, the kids can still cheer him while the adults can boo him mercilessly and enjoy him getting turned inside out.

The general consensus on the boards seems to be that Cena's role is now "Guy who gets beat by people we liked ten or fifteen years ago."

I'm just waiting for D-Lo Brown to come out and beat him up.

How goofy did Cena look during that?

There is one direction that they can go with Cena that is kind of interesting: He can just be a mark. I mean' date=' no other wrestler in history would have stood in that ring and given his basic spiel about honor and decency while getting booed out of the building and then turned around to see a remorseless killing machine like Brock and reacted with....a smile and a handshake. Seriously...who does that? (And does it well dressed like a little kid I should add?)

There is an interesting character in that - something like Kurt Angle's All American Dork crossed with a corporate yes man. Someone eager to get into the ring with Brock becase it's good for the company - even if it is bad for your spine.

If you do that, the kids can still cheer him while the adults can boo him mercilessly and enjoy him getting turned inside out.

The general consensus on the boards seems to be that Cena's role is now "Guy who gets beat by people we liked ten or fifteen years ago."

I'm just waiting for D-Lo Brown to come out and beat him up.[/quote']

How about Right to Censor comes back to beat him up?

I'm just waiting for D-Lo Brown to come out and beat him up.

Bring it ooon! What's he gonna do about it?! He's gonna kick his sorry ass out on the street.

For real though. The Lo Down used to be my move off the diving board.

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 10:40 PM ----------

How about Right to Censor comes back to beat him up?

Blue Meanie?

Edited by FSUSkins24

So I just ran into Alex Riley and Mason Ryan at Coastal Flats in Fairfax Corner. The interaction was at best a little awkward and I really wanna say it came from those two... but they also might have just viewed me as another annoying fan.

I will say Mason Ryan is the biggest human being I've ever seen in person and has bear claws for hands.

I've been anticipating this RAW. I want the old school RAW IS WAR guitar riff theme with no lyrics. I want Stone Cold to be on the screen right off the bat, with his hat on tight, pissed off as all hell. Maybe Vince can even walk down the aisle with his hands flailing back and forth. Yet I know there's no chance in hell of that happening.

So I'll settle on this...and this is my prediction: Cena comes out a little more frustrated than last week, but still keeps that overly-ethical overtone. In fact, he'll start to push that schtick even more, making us even sicker to our stomachs. End of the night he has a match, a different face comes out to interrupt the match, and Cena gets slammed again. Next week he'll start to snap.

If Cena somehow becomes the hero of the story tonight, I'll be majorly disappointed.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

So Brock and Cena brawl at the beginning, Brock has a UFC flashback and punches Cena in the mouth, cutting his lip. End of the night Cena beats a jobber, Brock comes out of nowhere and kicks Cena in the nuts. Then he F5s him and laughs again. Looks like they're making Brock the heel and Cena the good guy. Lots of little Cena fans in the crowd tonight...pretty lackluster show IMO.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

"Rock gone again".

No kidding? He's NOT a full time employee, people. Get it through your heads. He'll be around. He said he's never leaving, he didn't say he's never going to miss RAW ever again. He's still making movies. Difference is, he's going to be showing up a hell of a lot more often.

Let The Rock hate go.

Plus, if WWE brought him around all the time, even if he COULD be around all the time, he'd lose his appeal a bit. If WWE is smart, they'll use him sparingly to further storylines/create excitement within the WWE.

Only WWE would decide that this was the week to have Daniel Bryan in the building but NOT on the actual show.

I remember a time when a wrestler getting over was a good thing. Now, Vince punishes you for getting over without his permission. If Vince always ran the company this way, he would have followed the Austin 3:16 promo, but having Austin lose to Leif Cassidy.

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 12:47 PM ----------

And is it just me, or is the Brotus Clay angle a re-hashed, heavier version of flash funk? :ols:

A. Flash Funk was awesome.

B. Jim Cornette says the statute of limitations for stealing angles is 7 years. I think that goes for gimmicks too.

Another douche move by Razor Ramon (Scott Hall).

Sigh.

Stupid alcohol addiction. :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/scott-hall-arrested-beating-girlfriend-fans-reaction-193600202--spt.html

Scott Hall, who performed for Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Entertainment company under the name Razor Ramon in the mid 90s, was arrested once again. The one- time former Intercontinental Champion was arrested Friday for allegedly choking his girlfriend. The girlfriend confirms that Scott Hall was in a drunken state when he got in the physical altercation with her.
Edited by The Evil Genius