Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

My favorite match of all time was the Rock vs HHH in a ladder match at Summer Slam for the Intercontinental Title in the late 90's. Neither of them were superstars yet. Rock was a heel but I loved him. My brother and our friends loved HHH. I've never been that into a match before. It was amazing. Perfection. I've always considered that the arrival of both of them.

Here's part 1 on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4r4cwXy_xk

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Hahaha, I remember that skit like it was yesterday. DX kicked ass back then. I can't believe it's been that long. As for me, the best match hands down was The Rock v. Stone Cold I at Wrestlemania XV. The fact that they cut each other off on the ring during their usual top rope crowd taunts before the bell, coupled with the epic staredown.

They both kicked out of each others finishers. Up to that point, no one had ever kicked out of the Rock Bottom/Peoples Elbow, and no one had ever kicked out of the Stone Cold Stunner. You could tell that they put their heads together quite a bit, and really put a lot of thought into how they were gonna work that match.

Best Tag Team match ever? Wrestlemania 17, Triple Threat Tag Team Tables, Ladders And Chairs match. Edge&Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz, vs. The Hardy Boyz. It needs no explanation.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Best Tag Team match ever? Wrestlemania 17, Triple Threat Tag Team Tables, Ladders And Chairs match. Edge&Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz, vs. The Hardy Boyz. It needs no explanation.

The original TLC matches were the best.

Probably my personal favorite gimmick matches ever. You never knew what kind of crazy bumps they were going to come up with.

They even did one on Smackdown that was ****ing crazy. Absolutely killed all expectations for a UPN broadcast gimmick match like that.

Edited by Spartacus87

The original TLC matches were the best.

Probably my personal favorite gimmick matches ever. You never knew what kind of crazy bumps they were going to come up with.

They even did one on Smackdown that was ****ing crazy. Absolutely killed all expectations for a UPN broadcast gimmick match like that.

Jeff Hardy was a ****ing maniac. As much as I loved "Taker, The Rock, Triple H, etc. I probably loved Jeff Hardy just as much. IMO, the tail end of the Attitude era wouldn't have been the same without him, Matt Hardy, and the Dudleys constantly going at it. For a 2-3 year period, they routinely stole the show at PPV events, and that's saying a lot.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

Oh, and I forgot "Too Cool", Brian "Too Sexy" Christopher, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Rikishi, who also feuded with the Dudleys.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

John Cena, Randy Orton, and unmasked watered down Kane, plus bringing in Goldberg for no reason, were the final nails in the coffin for me.

I don't know what that **** was on Monday. It felt like watching a wake on national television. And wtf was up with:

a) White ****ing ropes

B) Goofy Michael Cole, who's head seems to have drastically expanded, feuding with Jerry Lawler? Lawler always threatened to kick Coles ass back in the day, but I never thought that it would lead to something like this abomination.

c) Watered down nicy nice wrestling. Why did I feel like I was watching a muscleheaded version of West Side Story? Where was the over the top violence?

d) Who the **** is King Shamus?

Those are my thoughts. Sorry for the minor crapfest.

My favorite match of all time was the Rock vs HHH in a ladder match at Summer Slam for the Intercontinental Title in the late 90's. Neither of them were superstars yet. Rock was a heel but I loved him. My brother and our friends loved HHH. I've never been that into a match before. It was amazing. Perfection. I've always considered that the arrival of both of them.

LOL @ the Crock

LOL @ the old Rock intro...i forgot how basic sounding it was.

LOL @ the Mark Henry. I cannot imagine why that guy is still around. I guess maybe he's a decent trainer.

John Cena, Randy Orton, and unmasked watered down Kane, plus bringing in Goldberg for no reason, were the final nails in the coffin for me.

I don't know what that **** was on Monday. It felt like watching a wake on national television. And wtf was up with:

a) White ****ing ropes

B) Goofy Michael Cole, who's head seems to have drastically expanded, feuding with Jerry Lawler? Lawler always threatened to kick Coles ass back in the day, but I never thought that it would lead to something like this abomination.

c) Watered down nicy nice wrestling. Why did I feel like I was watching a muscleheaded version of West Side Story? Where was the over the top violence?

The WWF Attitude era is no more.

In June 2008, the WWE changed the TV parental rating from TV-14 to PG.

Linda McMahon claims that the new rating is a marketing strategy to attract a young generation of wrestling fans.

There has been speculation that McMahon devised the PG rating change to improve the public image of WWE for her own personal gain. She's running for office as a Republican in CT.

Here's a Good Article about the change.

J

When JR was taken off the airways sometime last year, Cole became the lead announcer. It was boring as hell and you had a number of fans that didn't like him because he wasnt JR. So they decided to try a heel persona for him during the first NXT and it got rave reviews. Ever since then they slowly introduced the character and now he's a full blown heel. To be honest, it really has made the broadcast more interesting. This whole ordeal with a match between he and Lawler is trash in my opinion. It seems like the WWE just told us which match will serve as our bathroom break at this year's 'Mania.

As for Sheamus...he was a guy that was pushed to the moon by WWE creative most of 2010. He won the championship in like 2 months or something like that. Since then he has be buried like none other because the head of WWE creative doesn't like the way he did something regarding the Nexus angle. It really is sad because I think he was on his way to becoming one of the top heels on Raw. Since then, they actually resurrected the "King of the Ring" gimmick for Raw simply to have him win and have to wear that silly looking outfit.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sincarajoinswwe

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high-flying style and awe-inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

Luchadores. The one thing that WCW got right.

Maybe this "Sin Cara" cat could spice things up a bit. I'll keep an eye on things leading up to Wrestlemania, but after that, it's probably adios for good. And I doubt The Rock is going to stay around, espescially with the whole "PG" thing that Boss Hogg talked about. We'll see.

Well, if the guy doesn't have the mic skills in English. Then they need to do something where he's a big mystery. Maybe create a Luchadore based stable for now where he's teamed with Rey and they get a manager like that Rosa diva.. Then down the road soon when Rey gets ready to retire, have those two feud or something.

Actually, if they wanted to add some juice to the tag division. Rey and this guy would be awesome.

Well, if the guy doesn't have the mic skills in English. Then they need to do something where he's a big mystery. Maybe create a Luchadore based stable for now where he's teamed with Rey and they get a manager like that Rosa diva.. Then down the road soon when Rey gets ready to retire, have those two feud or something.

Actually, if they wanted to add some juice to the tag division. Rey and this guy would be awesome.

Rey is far from a luchador at this point. He is a caricature of himself for little kids with neato masks. Hes fat and out of shape, and all his moves are lame and require people who have wrestling skills to help him pull it off. ( and there arent many anymore, so all his moves pretty much fail). To me Rey is about as entertaining as the stupid leprechaun that was on the show for far too long.

But predictably, they will be paired.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Wow....They did a bad rip off of the UT return video. I wonder what song they'll use as the date approaches. TNA has become cartoonishly bad now. It's like the final days of WCW all over again. You can tell Russo's running things.

EDIT: I know it's an intentional troll on WWE but why?

Edited by cyfar

EDIT: I know it's an intentional troll on WWE but why?

Couple of reasons. Vince had been trying to get Sting signed since WM is in Hotlanta this year. LOTS of fans online saw the original Taker tease promo & thought it was actually for Sting's arrival in WWE. So they did it to tell WWE to **** off, we've re-signed him & to get the fanboys to realize there wasn't going to be a Sting vs Undertaker match at WM as many had hoped there would be.

Dixie Carter took a LOT of heat on twitter for that promo airing FWIW.

Edited by TK