Edge [c] vs. Alberto del Rio

World Heavyweight Championship

The Undertaker vs. HHH

No Holds Barred

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Special Guest Ref: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool & Layla El

Sheamus [c] vs. Daniel Bryan

United States Championship

The Corre vs. Kane, The Big Show, Santino Marella & Vladamir Kozlov (or Kofi Kingston)

---------- Post added April-3rd-2011 at 03:35 PM ----------

YgFyi74DVjc

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania

Randy Orton def. CM Punk

Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston def. The Corre

World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Alberto Del Rio

The Great Khali won the Over-the-Top-Rope WrestleMania Battle Royal

Cody Rhodes def. Rey Mysterio

Michael Cole def. Jerry "The King" Lawler

The Undertaker def. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

Edited by Gallen5862

This is the first PPV I've ordered in 8 years.

I'm sorry that was the 1st PPV you ordered in 8 years. Taker-HHH had a moment where I really thought the streak would be over, but nothing else wowed me.

Pretty pissed that Sheamus-Bryan was bounced from the main card.

My personal thoughts:

Here's the card:

The Miz [c] vs. John Cena

WWE Championship

What the hell? Don't get me wrong, I'm tremendously pleased that Cena lost to Miz and that The Rock beat on both of them, but the match itself was just plain boring. For a WrestleMania main event, I hoped they would pull off a better one.

Edge [c] vs. Alberto del Rio

World Heavyweight Championship

Disappointed yet surprised with the result. I figured that since Del Rio was getting such a huge push. Nothing too spectacular about this match, and I'm curious as to why it was first.

The Undertaker vs. HHH

No Holds Barred

Best match of the night, but I think everyone expected that. HHH's entrance was

. Though it felt dragged out with all the down/recovery time later on. Time which could have been used for, oh I don't know, the US Title match? After enduring a spinebuster through the Spanish announce table, a DDT on a chair, three pedigrees, and a tombstone, I thought the streak was over for sure. But it was not meant to be. 19-0.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Punk carried most of the match, then LOL RKO OUT OF NOWHEREZ. I expected this to happen.

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Special Guest Ref: Stone Cold Steve Austin

This was pretty entertaining (after some boring Cole "wrestling"). Stone Cold shenanigans, the Cole Troll, just... yeah. Didn't expect the DQ at the end. I feel bad for anyone who bet money on King, because I thought that match was 100% guaranteed for King.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

Rey Mysterio apparently wants out of WWE, so I guess this is a fitting end. This match was pretty much face mask vs knee brace. Original face mask wearer won via knee brace. Weird.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool & Layla El

Who knew Snooki could do backflips and ****? Poor Morrison, he deserved better than this three minute celeb match.

Sheamus [c] vs. Daniel Bryan

United States Championship

N/A :mad:

The Corre vs. Kane, The Big Show, Santino Marella & Vladamir Kozlov (or Kofi Kingston)

A nothing special, three minute squash match that didn't really need to take place other than to put eight guys on the card.

Other things worth noting:

• I didn't find The Rock's opening promo very electric. "I say 'Wrestle,' you say 'Mania'" was not very electric IMO. It felt like the 70K+ at the Georgia Dome sat on their hands most of the night anyway.
  • My body was not prepared for the William Regal rap.
  • The Rock/Stone Cold stare down was epic.
  • "Divasaurus"
  • Pee Wee Herman. Who would have thought he would be there??
  • JR/King is still the best commentary duo, and I hope JR sticks around.

That's really all I have to say. Overall, a mediocre WM IMO. But Cena lost and got Rock Bottomed so I walked away smiling. :)

-cmya9X-fKU

Edited by SonOfWashington

I'm sorry that was the 1st PPV you ordered in 8 years. Taker-HHH had a moment where I really thought the streak would be over, but nothing else wowed me.

Pretty pissed that Sheamus-Bryan was bounced from the main card.

The moments with The Rock were worth it. He's the reason I ordered. People tell me I remind them of The Rock all the time in real life... (Except I'm 5'8" 205 pounds as opposed to him at what, 6'4" 250 or so?) I kind of have the same personality...

The matches were lame, though. Listed, in order, of what I thought about them.

The Corre vs. Big Show, Kane, Kingston, Marella - When I say point, you say less!

Trish, Morrison, Fat ***** vs. Lay Cool & Ziggler: Trish made this match full of win. The rest? Awful. Trish saved this one from being the worst just by being in it. Rawr.

Mysterio vs. Rhodes: Zzzzzzzz.

Edge vs. Del Rio: Not a bad opening to the show, but I have no interest in this Del Rio guy. He bores me.

Orton vs. Punk: Pretty typical of what you'd expect from this match. Wasn't bad, wasn't good.

Lawler vs. Cole: Semi-entertaining. Austin made this match much more notable. How sad that this match is one of the top matches on a WM card.

Miz vs. Cena: One reason this was good. The People's Champ. Otherwise... Zzzzzzz.

HHH vs. Undertaker: By FAR the best match on the card. That said, I knew Taker wasn't going to lose. My guess is he's going to go 20-0 at WrestleMania and then hang them up forever. The "injury" he sustained should be a good reason to keep him out of action for a few months up until his final match at WrestleMania 29. The ending of this match was very anticlimatic, though. Disappointed there.

I had fun, couple of my buddies came over... None of us really watch wrestling any more, but we all enjoy it when it comes to special events and such. But the card was very "meh."

Just some FYI for those that weren't aware.

When Taker came back for this match, he was still injured. I believe its a rotator cuff injury which is why you didn't see him in a match until last night. He'll most likely be written off of TV so that he can have surgery on it.

A world championship match should never be the curtain jerker opening match.

McCool jobbed out to Snooki. Who the hell did she piss off?

Trish's low riding skin tight pants that kept riding down showing she doesn't have tan lines - #Winning.

Cody vs Rey - Loved the Captain America look Rey had. Though "Cap" shouldn't be shown defeated as it hurts the image of Cap. Still liked the match. Cody's on his way to becoming a major heel.

Taker/HHH - Match of the Night. I kinda expected HBK to get involved, maybe even cost Hunter the match. Only thing missing was a crimson mask or two.

Cena- Now avaible in Fruity Pebble Red. Miz is going to be HUGE when the crowd starts to turn him face.

Lawler vs. Cole: Semi-entertaining. Austin made this match much more notable. How sad that this match is one of the top matches on a WM card.

That has gotten very old. Who else didn't know that match was gonna end with a stunner and beer drinking with Stone Cold and Lawler? And who else didn't see a stunner coming Booker T's way? WWE fans still cheer this? That's why many people consider WWE fans sheep.

That has gotten very old. Who else didn't know that match was gonna end with a stunner and beer drinking with Stone Cold and Lawler? And who else didn't see a stunner coming Booker T's way? WWE fans still cheer this? That's why many people consider WWE fans sheep.

When you only see Austin once every year or so, it keeps it fresh. And like I said, I didn't expect a DQ King's way.

When the best thing that WWE has to offer in the past 5+ years is a few stunners and a ton of beer drinking from Stone cold you'd cheer it too. All of us who loved the attitude era and still hold out hope that some day the WWE will return to it someday cling to that stuff like glue.

Last night, at the wrestlemania party I attended a kid was there decked out in purple Cena attire from head to toe. When Stone Cold did his thing the kid said, "This is cool!" and we all replied "You're damn right!" This made me realize that there is a place for a little attitude, but it would get old to see it every show.

Why is it that Snooki was better in the ring than Cole?

I think a better storyline would have been to have some sort of WCW reborn....and having them take over Smackdown by force.

I think we all knew HHH was going to lose. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea because he takes such a strong role backstage now. He knew it was for the good of the company. Question is.....who do they find for next year which will probably be the last?

Weak that neither the U.S. Title or Tag Titles were on the line at WM.

I don't think Miz will be going to go face. Recently they were having him win a lot more cleanly than he did last night.

I think McCool jobbed for Snooki because her real life Husband (Taker) probably explained that you do stuff like that to be a team player.

The Coree = lame

Hopefully tonight is a launch of a bunch of new storylines.

For being 4 hours long, they could have put in 2 or 3 matches instead of all those promos.

I think we all knew HHH was going to lose. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea because he takes such a strong role backstage now. He knew it was for the good of the company. Question is.....who do they find for next year which will probably be the last?

There's a ton of guys they could use for that role. Kane, remasked, destructive, powerful, builds some heat back up, monster style. Goes on a streak, destroys anything and everything, and now he wants to end his brother's career. They've done the Kane/Taker thing to death, but if they did it right and built Kane up to be a monster, they could pull off the Kane thing. Of course, Kane loses at WM, but whatever.

There's a bunch of guys that could fit the bill as well if they're willing to job out.

How about a triple threat: Shawn Michaels comes back one night only to attempt to beat Taker, but the caveat is that HHH wants him to. Taker says he'll take them both. Taker wins.

There's endless possibilities... But who knows if the WWE will screw it up.

Why is it that Snooki was better in the ring than Cole?

I think a better storyline would have been to have some sort of WCW reborn....and having them take over Smackdown by force.

First, let WCW rest in piece. as for HHH/Taker, HHH imo, had no choice but to lose. We all know what would have been said if HHH won considering his position in the WWE.