Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

So The Rock has to wrestle again right? What's the point of this feud with Cena if he's not going to fight him. He did say he had a major itch to scratch and that's why he's back.

Everyone keeps saying no... But I have a feeling he's going to be in the ring again.

And now with HHH and Undertaker back at least for now, the WWE has gotten an injection of life. If they can somehow get Stone Cold involved they may have themselves a full jolt of vitality. At least for a bit.

Everyone keeps saying no... But I have a feeling he's going to be in the ring again.

And now with HHH and Undertaker back at least for now, the WWE has gotten an injection of life. If they can somehow get Stone Cold involved they may have themselves a full jolt of vitality. At least for a bit.

If they can get The Rock and Stone Cold in the ring again, it would be just like old times. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath, but I can hope!

If they can get The Rock and Stone Cold in the ring again, it would be just like old times. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath, but I can hope!

I doubt you see Austin in the ring again with the whole neck thing. But you may see a few Stone Cold Stunners for old times sake.

Not sure it would be the same without JR, though. "BAW GAWD! STUNNER! STUNNER! STUNNER!"

**** you WWE. Catch some serious interest again and deliver with pre-recorded segments, Cena making gay/toilet paper jokes and meager snoozefest matches? How bout that final stipulation? "If Alex Riley wins, Cena has to SAY THE MIZ IS AWESOME." How about Alex Riley staying still at the top of the cage because he's "afraid of heights?" See you at WM, MAYBE.

Edited by SonOfWashington

I wonder when the next wrasslin' shift will happen. Something that truly revitalizes the sport, and not rehashes of old stars. The NWO was pure genius by WCW, but what could WWE do to bring back some of the passion?

They don't have to do anything though. They have no legitimate competition. They could have John Cena and Randy Orton throwing water balloons at each other for two hours on Monday nights and it would still draw ten times the ratings of any other wresting show. Anything revolutionary would have to come from outside the WWE, IMO. And it is not coming from TNA or ROH anytime soon.

After WM, The Rock will disappear, Austin will disappear for the most part, one of HHH or Taker will disappear (ad neither will be around much longer), and the same stagnant product that has been going around in circles for the last few years will return.

I wonder when the next wrasslin' shift will happen. Something that truly revitalizes the sport, and not rehashes of old stars. The NWO was pure genius by WCW, but what could WWE do to bring back some of the passion?

The Nexus was a truly great stable that had some really good potential. The only problem was that it was doomed from the start when Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan was fired. Then Wade Barrett was neutered by WWE creative and when they broke off into the "new nexus" and the "corre" the angle was ruined.

The NWO angle was great, but the WCW scriptwriters added too many extras, and it became tiresome after awhile. IMO, the NWO era reached it's peak with the NWO Wolfpac, and then it all went to **** afterwards.

As for the WWE, since they no longer allow over the top violence, themes, etc, more needs to be done in the way of character development. It's all on the scriptwriters/talent evaluators, etc. Having guys like "Miz" and John Cena as your big money guys isn't really a good idea. As lovetoaster said though, when you have no legitimate competition, you can sell a watered down product and still get people coming from out of the woodwork. We all would've laughed at this **** 10-15 years ago, yet the WWE still sells out at venues across the US, I'm sure.

The WWF Attitude era is no more.

In June 2008, the WWE changed the TV parental rating from TV-14 to PG.

Linda McMahon claims that the new rating is a marketing strategy to attract a young generation of wrestling fans.

There has been speculation that McMahon devised the PG rating change to improve the public image of WWE for her own personal gain. She's running for office as a Republican in CT.

Here's a Good Article about the change.

I said it years ago that they'd go back to being more kid-friendly.

Pro wrestling has always been cyclical, in general, but this is part of the McMahon strategy that put the WWF/WWE on the map. In the 1980's, Vince McMahon tailored the WWF to rope in the children of the babyboomers. And as that audience grew up so did the themes/storylines. Now we have the children of those children watching television and Vince is trying to attract them to his product.

It's funny how that article mentioned Triple H's kids. When I'd discuss this "theory" in the past I'd say that when Shane's and Steph's kids are at that age that we Gen X-ers were when we started watching the programs, that's when the WWE would go back to the kid-friendly themes.

And while I'm here, if you follow NXT, here's my shameless plug for Johnny Curtis. He's one of the two finalists for NXT season 4. Johnny's a friend of mine who started pro wrestling up here in New England about 10 years ago. He wrestled for my promotion as well as a number of other indys in this area before getting his developmental deal and moving south. You can vote for him on the NXT page at nxt.wwe.com.

I'm going to be at this weeks Raw in Dallas but I was really disappointed in last weeks show. So close to Wrestlemania yet all the comments were pre-recorded. Triple H's promo buried the current group of stars so badly I thought that I was witnessing 1996 Cliq again. Why have him go out and say no one was worth his time from the current roster, then bury Shemus, and not mention there other Wrestlemania match Undertaker already won? And then for no reason the Miz attacked and beat the crap out of Daniel Bryan and buried him only to see Alex Reilly get buried in the process. And the highlight of the night was the Rock saying he would attack Cena before he knew it hinting he was in the building and then no showed...one of the most directionless shows leading up to Wrestlemania I can recall. Still I can't wait until next Monday.

Sting winning the title out of nowhere is exactly why TNA is awful

You give Hardy a new belt, which means he's gonna be champ for awhile

But then u see sting has some buzz and give him the belt for the hell of it

Sting only wrestles for 3 months intervals so he'll lose this soon and this will have been for no reason while Jeff looks weak

Fortune and Immortal are the exact same group it seems and is a complete rip off of the new blood and millionaires club angle from WCWs dying days