Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

What words what that be?

Can't figure out how to embed this bro and nothing against ya. Rock being back is exciting as hell. The last show here in Dallas was the Hell in the Cell ppv which I was at and expected some good stuff from with a card like Undertaker vs Kane in a Hell in a Cell match but the whole thing didn't live up to billing. The show in March is going to amazing!

Funny thing is, wasn't The Rock originally crammed down everyone's throats and thus got booed?

Not how I remember it.

The Rock at the end of his career was inbetween making movies and wrestling. He did a bunch of promo interviews on a movie location and the fans saw the writing on the wall that he was choosing entertainment over wrestling and was leaving. They started giving him heat at this time. Before that he was extremely popular

Not how I remember it.

The Rock at the end of his career was inbetween making movies and wrestling. He did a bunch of promo interviews on a movie location and the fans saw the writing on the wall that he was choosing entertainment over wrestling and was leaving. They started giving him heat at this time. Before that he was extremely popular

I meant the VERY beginning of his career.

Yea you could say that. The very early rock was so inexpirenced and was given a goofy costume, had a really bad haircut, and went by a stupid nickname "Bluechipper":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Hg88iWwSQ

The WWF pushed him as the "1st ever 3rd generation superstar" and gave him the intercontential title after only 3 months in the company. The fans **** all over this and he was repackaged and put with the Nation of Domination and made into a heel. The beginning of his career was really bad but the good news is it didn't last very long.

Edited by addicted

That's the problem with the titles I think. They change hands too much. When a guy wins the title, it should begin a new battle for #1 contender. Not just have somebody ready. Almost like a brand new bracket.

Also, have just the World Title. Get rid of the WWE. Bring back the Cruiser Weight. Add a middle weight. Make Tag, US, Inter-cont titles all something more glamorous. I think Del Rio is interesting too. But he should be going after the Inter-Cont title right now. It would slow down guys like Shamus and Miz getting in big boy matches.

Also, why do they just not care about the tag titles?

Yeah, he was pushed real hard by the WWF writers, but they soon realized the error of their ways and made Rock a heel with the Nation of Domination -- it worked.

As for Cena, this clown keeps getting pushed, he's more of a Hulk Hogan-esque cartoon character for kids.

That's the problem with the titles I think. They change hands too much.

I agree with you, forever gone are the days when Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Hulk Hogan were leading the company never dropping the strap for years at a time. Once Kayfabe left the titles slowly began dropping in significance until it got so bad where it is today that a guy like Shamus who debuted in the summer of last year is already a two time champion. Now they are tossed around like a cheap whore. I can't remember the last time a championship won or lost caught me by surprise. I think those days are forver gone. The very thought of a world champion keeping a strap for 2 years straight is mind blowing today.

When a guy wins the title, it should begin a new battle for #1 contender. Not just have somebody ready. Almost like a brand new bracket.

The ppv aspect of wrestling changed all of this. They need to keep the title in defense so they can always have a main event at a ppv ready to go for the shows that they aren't selling. The only way you could make the titles mean anything again is to go back to the days of 4 ppv's a year when they just only had the Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series and do away with the monday night war mentality. The legacy of the Monday Night Wars today besides a great promotion dying, is that every Monday night they have ppv caliber matches on free TV for the fans to get interest in to buy the ppvs. The best way to increase the ppv buy rates is to give a fan something they must watch, and when your always giving that cow away for free its near impossible for them to come up with something fans want to buy without having a stipulation like a title change to draw. Wrestling is all about the draw, and the truth is having things the way they are now has some nice advantages like being able to put the strap on someone like The Miz. If they tried that in 1950, 1960, 1970. 1980, 1990, or 2000 that would have never made it past the brainstorm meetings but in 2010 it worked. You'll never again see guys like Ricky Steamboat or Rick Rude in their primes be passed over for the WWE title again. And the revenue from the ppv's make this all worth it to the company. Besides the fans pop for title changes so if you want to make the interest look more then it is have a title change to rev up the crowd in attendance and make it look bigger then it is. From the business aspect they can't go back on this. I mean would you watch 2 hours of squash matches today? No one would.

Also, have just the World Title. Get rid of the WWE. Bring back the Cruiser Weight. Add a middle weight. Make Tag, US, Inter-cont titles all something more glamorous. I think Del Rio is interesting too. But he should be going after the Inter-Cont title right now. It would slow down guys like Shamus and Miz getting in big boy matches.

Wrestling only works when you have talent to replace the talent that the fans grow tired of. In the 1990's and before you had lots of federations to pull talent from to keep things interesting. A wrestlers shelf life is only a couple of years. After McMahon took all the talent from WCW and ECW they had to fold and he owned all the talent except for what he left down in Flordia. If you don't push Miz and Shamus then who are you going to push? Edge, Ray Mysterio, Kane, Undertaker? We all love these legends but the truth is its been done to death already and doesn't draw like they did when they were in there primes. You need more then just legends to keep your product fresh and without those other feds to pull guys from they have to use the home grown talent. The WWE still pulls guys from the Indy's occasionally from companies like ROH and occasionally TNA but they know what happens when they go talent raiding...it kills the other guy and they don't want to kill off anyone today. No one is in competition with the WWE today but the more wrestling fans out there the better off business is for them.

Also, why do they just not care about the tag titles?

Because the purpose of Tag Teams is to showcase an unknown and hope that he eventually breaks out of it to become a great single wrestler like Bret, Shawn, Booker T, and others did. Tag Teams or fractions are a great place to let a rookie you want to push gain expirence but not look bad if they lose on TV to the fans. That's why they are fooling with the Nexus and New Nexus today, they want to push these guys but as they stand alone they aren't yet a draw however collectavely they can be. Years ago they did that with Batista and Randy Orton...hid them behind Evolution. They did that with Benoit when he was in the Four Horsemen. The act of hiding talent in fractions and tag teams has been going on for years. The tag teams that stayed together forever - Road Warriors, Dudleys, Arn & Tully, Rock N Roll Express, Fantastics, Midnight Express - simply weren't viewed as being able to draw as single wrestlers (right or wrong). The guys they don't think can draw as singles are put together to hold the belts (Morella and Kossloff) for the next time tag team wrestling is needed (the Harts were the last team but the fans didn't get behind either guy). The truth is these wrestlers didn't join the business and train simply to be a tag team. These men wanted to be the world champion and make the most money. They still do. The money's not there in tag teams compared to single wrestling. It's never been there. Tag Teams are just a tool to push a story line and with things like NXT where development gets on air time to train they aren't needed as much as they once were so they have taken an even further step back.

I want the TV title back as well. The rules were the first 15 minutes of any match or TV time remaining. I remember seeing many live matches were the challenger won the match but it was after the 15 minutes. I have been watching wrestling since around 1970. some other great wrestlers people might not remember were Johnny Weaver. his move was the Weaver sleeper. Chief Wahoo Mcdaniels biggest move was the chop. That was where The Nature boy Ric Flair got his chop from. There were so many wrestlers I loved watching from the NWA. I liked the Mid Atlantic Wrestling and the Florida and Georgia Wrestling. Jimmy "The Boogewoogie Man" Valient and the JunkYard Dog were also popular along with Mr Wrestling 1 and 2. Jay Youngblood and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. That's leaving out Andre The Giant and Hulk Hogan.Their are so many of those era wrestlers that would put the new school ones to shame. I liked alot more of the old school wrestlers that I haven't even mentioned.

Another type match I want back is the all titles are up match. The WCW had the Tag Team Championship and the United States Championship and The World Heavyweight championship belts all on the line. Sting and Lex Lugar were the Tag team champions. Lugar was also the United States Champion. The Big Show was Known as The Giant back then. He was teamed up with the Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair. The rules were you could pin anyone in the match even your tag team partner. The winner would win the belt of the wrestler who was either pinned or disqualified. If memory serves me right I believe that Sting pinned Lugar to keep their tag team belts and he took Lugars united states championship. Does anyone else remember that match or outcome?

Imagine that matchup now with a tripple threat tagteam match the WWE Champion and World heavyweight Champion as a Team against the team of the United States Champion and Intercontinental Champion as a team. The other team would be the Tag team champions. The same rules you could pin your partner if you want or any champion that you wanted their title. no Disqualification or countouts and everyone in the ring at same time.

Well, I haven't watched WW"F" since the end of the Attitude Era but I saw The Rock came back and wants to check Cena in to the SMACKDOWN HOTEL. Good, that stupid jabroni. Turn that sum***** sideways and stick it straight up his candy ass!!!

The Rock never gets old.

---------- Post added February-15th-2011 at 09:45 PM ----------

Looking at the tags here, 2 stand out. "its fake" & "one day you will grow up". Well the TK says, Bubble Screen, know your damn role & shut your damn mouth before you end up like that jabroni redskins0756.

:ols::ols::ols:

Brilliant!

There are tags in numerous threads that I'm 100% certain belong to Bubble Screen. He is easily one of the most predictable posters here. :ols:

Glad to see The Rock back, and yes he was pushed hard as a face in the beginning, but that was during the time when fans were getting fed up with the lame hero babyface wrestlers, thus he was not well received, so they decided to give him more creative control. His battles with Mankind were epic back in his "Corporate Champ" days.

*Forgot to add that I haven't followed wrestling in almost seven years, The Rocks return alone is more than enough for me to consider watching it again though not nearly as much as I used to.

Edited by Mr. Sinister