Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Cena- Now avaible in Fruity Pebble Red. Miz is going to be HUGE when the crowd starts to turn him face.

I agree. I already like the guy. He's one of the current ones that I believe could've made in the "Attitude Era". He really is awesome. But I like all three; Rock, Cena, Miz..all in that order. It's going to be interesting to see what happens tonight.

I only saw the last match (thanks for the link Nick!), I'm glad I didn't pay $60. That was a terrible ending. So the next PPV has to be a 3-way match between Rock, Cena, and Miz right?

:cheers:

First, let WCW rest in piece. as for HHH/Taker, HHH imo, had no choice but to lose. We all know what would have been said if HHH won considering his position in the WWE.

Its been reported the WWE was looking at guys like Sting and Lesner to go against the Taker last night. I wouldn't be shocked if HHH stepped up and offered because he knows it would benefit his career long term with the guys he'll be managing backstage.

As far as WCW, what's the difference? Why are Raw and Smackdown "Brands"? why does it matter? You'd think with four hours a week. they could have the Cruiser Weight, Euro and Hardcore belt out there also.

Its been reported the WWE was looking at guys like Sting and Lesner to go against the Taker last night. I wouldn't be shocked if HHH stepped up and offered because he knows it would benefit his career long term with the guys he'll be managing backstage.

As far as WCW, what's the difference? Why are Raw and Smackdown "Brands"? why does it matter? You'd think with four hours a week. they could have the Cruiser Weight, Euro and Hardcore belt out there also.

I still think they screwed the pooch with the RAW and Smackdown! rosters.

Would have been better if they kept it wCw and WWE and stopped with all of the cross show stuff. Same writing teams for both, obviously. And the occasional show jump here and there... But the way they're doing it these "separate" shows are not separate at all.

Edited by KDawg

That has gotten very old. Who else didn't know that match was gonna end with a stunner and beer drinking with Stone Cold and Lawler? And who else didn't see a stunner coming Booker T's way? WWE fans still cheer this? That's why many people consider WWE fans sheep.

Who cares. It was Lawler vs Michael Cole.

The nostalgia factor of Stone Cold was a big part of the appeal for that match. WWE fans are "sheep" for enjoying that? As opposed to which brand of fans?

Reminds me a little of back in the day when ECW and WCW were still competitive, and ECW fans would pretend like ECW was this awesome, "extreme" and real wrestling product compared to the overly commercialized WWF.

---------- Post added April-4th-2011 at 02:51 PM ----------

I still think they screwed the pooch with the RAW and Smackdown! rosters.

Would have been better if they kept it wCw and WWE and stopped with all of the cross show stuff. Same writing teams for both, obviously. And the occasional show jump here and there... But the way they're doing it these "separate" shows are not separate at all.

This, times 1,000.

The "Invasion" angle was the biggest screw up in WWE history. Hands down.

They should have slow built that entire angle over a couple of years, but Vince was so eager to bring in WCW and ECW and show off the rival companies he had just finally defeated, they blew it and rushed the whole thing. Could have been an epic, multi-year set up for two genuinely distinct brands between Raw and Smackdown, but Vince and company couldn't be patient enough to see that through.

Who cares. It was Lawler vs Michael Cole.

The nostalgia factor of Stone Cold was a big part of the appeal for that match. WWE fans are "sheep" for enjoying that? As opposed to which brand of fans?

I care. Been there, done that. When I can tell everybody in the room what was gonna happen at the end of that match, the WWE has failed. Now if he would have given Lawler a stunner, now that would have been something.

Edited by DM72

I care. Been there, done that. When I can tell everybody in the room what was gonna happen at the end of that match, the WWE has failed. Now if he would have given Lawler a stunner, now that would have been something.

Again, it was Lawler vs Michael Cole.

Commentators wrestling over some random grudge match.

If it were a world title match with actual repercussions, you might have a point.

I think either you split the two "brands" further, or you bring them all together. You don't need to have the Heavyweight Champ fight every week. If you have more belts, then you have the champ move freely from show to show. Where they lose the title, that's where they stay. Everybody else stays put.

I however would like to see a full Cruiser Weight Division where one week that's the main event on raw. Steel Cage with high fliers.

Then let the main event another week be for the tag titles. Same with US Champ, Inter-Cont...etc.

Their problem is that people just fight all over the place. One week you have Sheamus and Wade going for the heavyweight.....then all the sudden they are middle card guys. That's because they should have never been moved up so fast. when you announce going for a certain belt. You should be put on some path to win that belt over weeks or months.

I can't say I'm surprised at all about the Wrestlemania flop. Pro wrestling as a whole is going through a painfully obvious down period. And yes, I say that as a guy who prior to the return of The Great One, hadn't watched 1 minute of it in seven long years, but there's no denying ithat things are pretty ****ty when you bring back The Rock, Stone Cold, book Taker on a part time basis, etc etc. It just reeks of desperation, although that I admit that it brought a smile to my face.

I also think that some of us ( myself included ) need to take a step back and realize how spoiled we were from '96-'03, and from '96-'99 in all 3 major promotions respectively, and I watched all of them..

The more I watch it, the more I realize that there's just little to no creativity anymore, and with the PG thing, you'd sure as hell better bring it in that department. I think the Miz does have something, which explains why he's apparently the top guy, but that's not saying much when you consider the guys he has around him.

I agree TEG, I also think that WWE kind of got a raw deal with the death of Guerrero, Benoit, The departure of Lesnar and the Rock. I really think that they were somewhat blindsided by all if that. Angle and Brock had all of the talent in the world, and could've carried the entire company by themselves for a number of years.

I will also add that I've done a little digging in order to catch up on some of the goings-on these last few years. I had no idea that Bret Hart came back last year, albeit seven years late. It was a bit disheartening listening to the lukewarm applause he got when I viewed the clip.

i guess I csn understand though, since WWE has surely garnered many many new fans, many of them being kids. I doubt that anyone under 20 would remember the legend that was Bret Hart, in the WWF at least. Had he returned in say 2001, and you heard that nostalgic guitar riff, he would've torn the roof off.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

It was kind of funny seeing the Rock break out the Peoples Elbow on Miz last Monday, especially after somewhat botching the kip-up.

He looks insanely jacked though, and it showed in how slow he looked on Monday. He leaned out almost to the point of anorexia at one point, but it made him lightning quick in the ring for a cat his size. He looks like hie's packed on about 15 pounds of muscle.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I agree TEG, I also think that WWE kind of got a raw deal with the death of Guerrero, Benoit, The departure of Lesnar and the Rock. I really think that they were somewhat blindsided by all if that. Angle and Brock had all of the talent in the world, and could've carried the entire company by themselves for a number of years.

Yeah, within a 2 year period, Angle left the company out of almost nowhere, and Guerrero and Benoit both died. That was a huge loss in a really short time for the WWE.

Plus Brock leaving (who the WWE had really gone all out to push, including putting him over The Rock in one of The Rock's last ever matches at Summer Slam).

WWE hasn't done a lot to find the right talent to replace older guys, but that was quite a lot for the WWE to try and deal with.

---------- Post added April-4th-2011 at 11:14 PM ----------

Damn, Trish lookin' as hot as ever :drool:

Blonde or brunette, Trish looks equally hot :yes:

:cloud9:

I think Trish is hotter as a brunette.

---------- Post added April-4th-2011 at 11:15 PM ----------

And did they really just book The Rock vs Cena for Wrestlemania 28? A year in advance?

I guess The Rock really is going to be around for a little bit.