Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Darn, shouldn't have merged this with talk about current wrestling.

I know. But I also know what would have happened to this thread had I not.

Anyways, greatest match? That's a hard one.

The Montreal Screwjob.

Any TLC match.

Taker & Foley Hell In A Cell

Rock & nWo Hogan.

Flair & Savage. But I'm more partial to any NWA Flair vs Steamboat match.

Back in these days, it was determination, stamina, and brute strength that won matches, not the excessively choreographed dances of today.

As a result, I have not watched any wrestling in about 10 years. It's not what it once was.

Well, you still have epics: Angle-Benoit RR 2003, Y2J-HBK Mania 19.

But I'm more partial to any NWA Flair vs Steamboat match.

Ahh yes. TK, you just went up a few notches in my book. Those were some great matches. I think my favorite was a best of three falls match at Clash of the Champions in 1989. Great stuff indeed.

And, as an extra added bonus:

WWE is saddened by the passing of Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah.

Fabulous Moolah Passes Away

In the world of women’s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

http://rajah.com/base/node/9794

WWE is saddened by the passing of Hall of Famer Fabulous Moolah.

Fabulous Moolah Passes Away

In the world of women’s wrestling, there will always be one irrefutable legend that stands head and shoulders above the rest: The Fabulous Moolah. She was the longest reigning champion in the history of her chosen sport, or any sport for that matter. And with more than 50 years in the business to her credit, she established a legacy that will never be forgotten, making her name synonymous with female wrestling.

http://rajah.com/base/node/9794

moolah.jpg

Wow. I'm pretty familiar with her background. R.I.P. Moolah.

Definately the Mankind Rock I quit match and Taker Mankind Hell in a Cell match. Mick Foley getting choke slammed through the top of the cage was amazing.

While it doesn't even rank as one of the best matches ever, it was definately awesome because I got to see it live. I was at a Monday Night Raw and Stone Cold came out and said he wanted his title shot that night against the Undertaker. He beat the Taker and regained the WWF Championship. It was awesome, because the WWF championship title rarely changes hands during regular events.

Undertaker vs Mankind, HIAC match. What Foley did to his body was incredible.

I feel sorry for Foley, what do all these matches have in common?

Undertaker vs Mankind HIAC

Rock vs Mankind I Quit Match

HHH vs Foley HIAC

Edge vs Foley Hardcore Match

I mean....did the guy ever win any of the matches he was famous for? They'd have him win the title on Raw once or twice with a dozen run ins, and then lost all his big PPV matches. And he would just keep coming back for more.

I have a dark horse match which was one of my favorites of all time. When Kurt Angle first met with now infamous Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania. I forget which one it was. No gimmicks or titles on the line in the match, but what made it great is these two guys were really and truely going at it for the first half of the match. It was the only match I ever saw where the wrestling looked very real for the first half of the match.

As it went on they had to fall back on the Crossface/Ankle lock submit angle and they almost looked sorry they had to do it because they were having so much fun in the beginning. But it was still great because it went back and forth to the very end.

HHH vs Foley HIAC

I mean....did the guy ever win any of the matches he was famous for? They'd have him win the title on Raw once or twice with a dozen run ins, and then lost all his big PPV matches. And he would just keep coming back for more.

Foley was known for his ability to sell moves and take the beatings. That is what sets him apart from a lot of wrestlers. I don't think he cared about winning the match. Just that the fans were entertained. He will do anything for that. And for that alone he's one of the legends in Wrestling.

HHH vs Foley HIAC

Yea that always pissed me off, he always jobbed for the young wrestlers and everybody else at PPV's

Has anyone else grown tired of Stone Cold? I turn on Raw for the first time in months, and I get to see a 10 minute long commercial for a bad movie and Budweiser. It ain't 1998 anymore, it has gotten a little old...to me at least.

I belive you are in the minority I actually like when they go old school because this junk they got goin now is not even funny

it was a riot back then and still is in my opion

Has anyone else grown tired of Stone Cold? I turn on Raw for the first time in months, and I get to see a 10 minute long commercial for a bad movie and Budweiser. It ain't 1998 anymore, it has gotten a little old...to me at least.

I'm with you 100%. DX is another one that is old, tired, and played out to me. I mean that time is long gone. I wish they could come with something new and fresh and quit trying to rehash the past.

I'm with you 100%. DX is another one that is old, tired, and played out to me. I mean that time is long gone. I wish they could come with something new and fresh and quit trying to rehash the past.

Thats the problem with the wwe....Nothing is fresh or new.....Storylines are recylced or same storylines different wrestler. It is just awful right now.

how the mighty Hulk Hogan get Nick out of this one

[breaking News] Nick Hogan Arrested for Car Crash

photo_servlet-743700.jpgFrom myfoxtampabay.com:

CLEARWATER - More than two months after speeding through the streets of Clearwater, Nick Bollea -- better known to some as Nick Hogan, the son of professional wrestler Hulk Hogan -- has been arrested in connection with the violent crash that left a passenger fighting for his life.

It was back on August 26 when Nick's yellow Toyota Supra veered out of control and slammed backwards into a palm tree on Court Street in Clearwater. The year-old was not badly hurt, but passenger John Graziano -- a 22-year-old Marine combat veteran -- had to be cut from the car and remains hospitalized.

Wednesday, Clearwater police issued a warrant for Nick on felony charges of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury. He turned himself in just before 10 a.m.

In the days after the accident, officers and witnesses both told FOX 13 that speed seemed to be a factor in the crash. But detectives took their time conducting the investigation, and the state attorney's office did not file charges until now.

This morning's arrest report included new details about the crash. Detectives believe Nick was racing a second vehicle before the crash at speeds of over 60 mph though the 40-mph zone, which was wet from recent rains.

While investigators concluded that the actions of the other car's driver were not a contributing factor in the crash, that driver, Daniel Jacobs, is being issued a summons to appear in court for reckless driving charges.

Police also cited Nick for having a blood alcohol level of .02 or higher. Any BAC above 0.00 would be illegal for the 17-year-old.

The allegations of racing, even before today's arrest, were not a surprise to those who knew Nick as a racer who enjoyed drifting, a style of driving that involves high-speed skidding and sliding.

Nick talked about his need for speed in a pre-crash interview with Rides Magazine. He described a trip from Miami to Tampa during which he was pulled over three times for driving over 100 miles an hour, though he was not actually cited until the third time.

In April, Nick was ticketed for speeding 107 mph in Osceola County. And two weeks before the Clearwater crash, Nick was pulled over in Pinellas Park. Officers scolded him for driving 82 in a 45-mph zone.

At the time of the crash, Nick was driving with a restricted license that only allowed him to drive during the day. Graziano, a former member of Nick's racing pit crew, was in the passenger seat but not wearing a seat belt.

In a post-arrest statement released through a showbiz rep, the Bollea family reiterated that fact.

"The tragedy to both families is compounded by the fact that unfortunately John was not wearing his seatbelt," the statement to TMZ.com said. "Thankfully, Nick was wearing his. Because of what happened to John, the entire Bollea family will make it a priority to increase public awareness about the importance of always wearing your seatbelt."

Through their attorney, the Graziano family has said they are considering a lawsuit against the Bolleas. John is said to have suffered severe brain injuries and will likely require specialized care for the rest of his life.

Through their attorney, the Graziano family has said they are considering a lawsuit against the Bolleas. John is said to have suffered severe brain injuries and will likely require specialized care for the rest of his life.

Umm how can you sue someone else because your dumbass didn't wear a seatbelt?

Umm how can you sue someone else because your dumbass didn't wear a seatbelt?

Trust me, it's been done before.

As for this week's RAW, I tuned in for the first time in forever last Monday and was shocked to see that they had Stone Cold pulling a beer truck up to the ring. I initially thought that they were running old video clips from 98, I was disappointed when I found out this was not the case. It's time for the E to come up with something new.