Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Reigns needs new ring attire IMO... doesn't make much sense w/ Rollins and Ambrose going a different direction. Anyone think the'll ever put the Shield back together?

Note: I feel funny when I discuss wrestlers attire...I feel like it's the equivalent of the "SKins Gameday Uniforms" Stadium thread.

Jim Cornette talked about that on a podcast. Said it makes sense to keep that look because he's the "breakout star" and since that look/music is already over, just keep it on him

Same thing with The Rock when he split with the Nation.

Since I don't care about the current product, I've been going down a very weird Nick Bockwinkle wormhole on youtube. I never really watched AWA growing up and never liked what little of it I saw.....but Bockwinkle was amazing. I don't quite get why he was paired with Heenan when he cut such a great promo, but....hey...whatever works.

That is all.

Lawler is the best interview of all time IMO. No matter what his role or the situation he was in, Lawler was fantastic. He was ****y, sneaky, and hateable as a heel, and as a babyface had the rare ability to come across simultaneously as a rock star and an everyman.

I remember one time Lawler lost a match on Memphis TV. He was down about it and apologizing to the fans...and the fans were screaming, PLEADING with him not to be so hard on himself. Those were the days.

WWE is releasing his DVD in a couple of months, BTW.  

Edited by LeesburgSkinFan

The Bockwinkel-Lawler Memphis stuff is top notch, and there is plenty of that on YouTube.

That's what started me on this path. I had never seen Bockwinkle's $500 a punch promo and it may be the best promo I've ever seen. It sums up Memphis Wrestling and AWA wrestling and why Lawler was so popular and why Bockwinkle was so good and why I liked wrestling in the first place.

I'm starting to realize that Lawler really is one of the top 10 of wrestlers of all time. Dude was amazing in the ring

It's ashamed he's so awful to watch now

Dude was limited in the ring, but did everything he did perfectly...if that makes sense.

I really think the best comparison for Lawler is mid 80s Hogan. Hogan was a great promo, a very good seller, and knew how to play to the cheap seats in Madison Square Garden. He knew three moves, but did them well. He had a formula but could vary it when the time was right. And his timing was amazing.

Lawler was a great promo, a great seller, and knew how to play to the cheap seats of the Mid South Coliseum. He knew about eight moves and did most of them okay....except punching which he did better than anyone in the history of wrestling. He was less formulaic than Hogan, but he definitely had "an act" (pulling down the strap was essentially "Hulking Up" for the hicks). His timing was impeccable as well.

Lawler was probably better than Hogan in the sense that mid 80s Hogan was working with Piper and Orndorff and Andre. He wasn't necessarily pulling great matches out of these guys, but they were larger than life stars. Lawler had to work with a lot of guys who were one step away from driving a beer truck.

Lawler is the best interview of all time IMO. No matter what his role or the situation he was in, Lawler was fantastic. He was ****y, sneaky, and hateable as a heel, and as a babyface had the rare ability to come across simultaneously as a rock star and an everyman.

I remember one time Lawler lost a match on Memphis TV. He was down about it and apologizing to the fans...and the fans were screaming, PLEADING with him not to be so hard on himself. Those were the days.

WWE is releasing his DVD in a couple of months, BTW.  

I think that DVD is going to have problems because no one has any idea who owns much of Memphis. I saw a set list and it looked like a lot of WWF/WWE matches with a past his prime Lawler being a JTTS.

There is a ton of late 70s and early 80s Memphis stuff on youtube. What is amazing about Lawler is that even when he was a face, he was still an asshole. He is not Tommy Rich in Georgia...or even Dusty in Florida who would get down and dirty if he had to but usually tried to win the right way. Lawler will insult the heel's mother, question their sexuality, and then throw a freaking fireball in their face....as his first move.

I'm starting to realize that Lawler really is one of the top 10 of wrestlers of all time.

Interesting… Just names in no particular order: Hogan, Flair, Rock, Austin, Sammartino, Undertaker, HHH,

Lawler? Andre? Inoki? El Santo? Goldberg? Sting? Hart? Michaels?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

I thought somebody would have posted it by now, but Brock Lesnar re-signed with WWE.

Vince is so damn press for mainstream acceptance, whatever happened to keeping things a mystery and letting people be shocked when Brock walks away with the belt on Sunday because they thought there was a good chance he wouldn't reup his contract?

Then again not sure why I'm surprised with anything they do after they had Reigns and Lesnar play tug o war with the belt on the wrestlemania go home show.

So annoying

• Like 2

The opening segment from Raw was so so bad....

What logical sense does burying WCW (basically the minors) make when they go out of their way to suck off Flair, Nash, Dusty, Hall, and the NWO? 

Also, Sting should never have spoken....smh

I literally HATE the current product.

WCW was never the minors. They just had a bunch of idiots running the show. TNA and ROH are the minors, but not WCW.

I think the plan is to turn Roman, and that's why they made Brock's re-signing public so fast. They know Brock is going to get cheered. Say what we want, but WWE isn't completely naive.

Either that or this is setting the stage for Rollins to cash in on Lesnar and get major heel heat for doing so.

By the way, I loved the Sting segment. The fact that he said he's not fighting for WCW and at this point that would be dumb sold the whole thing for me. Opening segment was well done. The end segment tug of war is a different story.

Edited by KDawg

Honestly....I feel like Heyman turning on Brock to join Roman or Rollins works best.

In RR's case tho, how do you do an effective turn against Brock in a match when Brock has been booked as a soulless monster? The crowd has to have sympathy for Brock and having him look weak just doesn't se feasible

Any ideas guys?

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Guaranteed the soulless monster gets a face pop at Mania without doing anything.

Of course he will. I'm talking about in terms of getting Reigns over if the plan is for him to be heel long term.

Right now, RR has Internet fan Heat. For him to be truly hated, he has to do something despicable. Not sure if that is possible versus Brock given his character.