Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

This might set off a lot of concussion related battles in wrestling.

http://fortune.com/2015/01/20/two-ex-wwe-wrestlers-file-lawsuit-over-concussions/

Two former WWE professional wrestlers say they have serious brain injuries after suffering repeated concussions in the ring and have filed a potential class-action lawsuit against the Connecticut-based company in federal court in Philadelphia.

Vito LoGrasso, 50, of Coatesville, Pennsylvania, and Evan Singleton, 22, of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, accuse World Wrestling Entertainment of “selling violence” and ignoring their “numerous” concussions.

“Under the guise of providing ‘entertainment,’ WWE has, for decades, subjected its wrestlers to extreme physical brutality that it knew, or should have known” causes a variety of medical problems, including brain damage, the lawsuit said.

LoGrasso, whose ring names included Big Vito and Skull Von Krush, wrestled in the WWE from 1991 to 1998 and from 2005 to 2007, was “seriously and obviously injured countless times,” according to the lawsuit. It said he was “forced to wrestle though he was losing consciousness before and during matches.”

LoGrasso now suffers from “serious neurological damage” and has memory loss, depression and anxiety, the lawsuit said.

Singleton wrestled for WWE under the name of Adam Mercer from 2012 to 2013 and at the age of 19 was among the youngest wrestlers in WWE history. He now has “an array of serious symptoms,” including tremors, convulsions, memory loss and “impaired ability to reason,” the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit is similar to those filed in several other U.S. sports, including the National Football League, whose settlement with former players over concussions could reach as high as $1 billion.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Although, you'd think that he'd stop going to work for WWE if he had that many concussion issues... Concussions have definitely recently begun being treated much more seriously. I'd say the ones in the 90s are going to wind up being a wash because awareness wasn't as solid. The later 2000's ones are going to be an issue.

Who the **** is the second guy?

He may not have a leg to stand since he's been there since they started being proactive on concussions

Side note:

The main point of the 96 Hogan vs Piper was "Who was the bigger icon?" That made me die laughing.

That feud was bizarre, but it drew WCW's largest ever buy-rate to that point, I think. Starrcade did triple the number of the show from a year earlier.

Tonight at 9 on AXS TV, two episodes of NJPW will air:

Episode 1: (9-10 EST)

-Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroki Goto in the final of the 2013 New Japan Cup

-Lance Archer, Taka Michinoku & Minoru Suzuki vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii and Jado

Episode 2: (10-11 EST)

-Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in 2013 (voted the 2013 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Match of the Year.)

The commentary is outstanding. If you didn't watch last week, do yourself a favor and at least set your DVR. It's a ton of fun. I'm actually looking forward to this more than the Royal Rumble PPV (Except for the main event and the Rumble match [but it could be 30 versions of Luke and Butch of the Buschwhackers in the Rumble and I'd enjoy it])

Edited by KDawg

Ah the Royal Rumble, my favorite PPV of the year, which isn't much competition since I only watch two of them.  I'm telling you, get a group of friends together and gamble on it.  We started doing this years ago and it raises the excitement ten fold.  I didn't invent this, I think I stole it from a Bill Simmons article from years back, but my friends and I have been doing it for years.

1. Get a group together that divides 30 evenly, 5 or 6 is best but 10 friends will make for a bigger pot.

2. Everyone throws in $20

3. Write the numbers 1-30 on pieces of paper and put them in a hat.  Take turns drawing numbers before the Rumble starts.

That's the best part.  If you just drafted wrestlers, people like Cena, Reigns, and 3-4 others would go in the first round and the rest would be filler.  This way is better and adds to the excitement.  You get your random draw, just like the wrestlers get their "random draw."  For your $20, you might wind up with three fill-in jobbers, a returning old-school wrestler who is making an appearance (think years when they bring back someone like Iron Sheik for a one minute cameo) and the Miz.  Or the one year when part of my money went out because I got Drew Carey.

It's the best because you very likely may have drawn your own 2-7 offsuit.  The 10 second countdown is more exciting, especially if your number is up and you're praying that someone good actually comes through the curtain, not the enhancement talent from the minor leagues brought up for an introduction, or some going nowhere jackass like Santino Morella.  The whole time you have guys in the ring, you are fighting the urge to scream at them to stay in the ring, to take rests in the corner.  **** boring, you want your guys sitting in the corner and out of harms way...and for God's sake, stop fighting each other.  You're both on my team!!!!  And if you happen to have a guy in the final 3-4 and there's $100+ on the line, you are sweating.

Last year, I was heartbroken.  $100 on the line and one of the numbers I drew happened to be Roman Reigns.  I've got this in the bag, I thought as I talked trash to my friends.  No way they'll just give it to Batista who just came back and hasn't done ****....I was crushed.  Seriously, it improves the main match so much.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 2

There's just not enough star power in the Royal Rumble anymore. And it was so predictable. Who didn't see Reigns eliminating The Big Show and Kane?

Yep...every entrant (not counting the legends) was just like "ehh"

Showed you how ****ty the roster is

No idea why the WWE is so anti-fan. They have absolutely destroyed Reigns by force feeding him, Vince thought Rock could save him by coming out, but nope.

They need to learn how to do things organically.

They are the only organization I know that that gets off on trolling their own fans

Then they have the Rock come and completely show up RR

It's messed up

• Like 1

There's just not enough star power in the Royal Rumble anymore. And it was so predictable. Who didn't see Reigns eliminating The Big Show and Kane?

I think the predictability hurts more than anything else.

Of course anybody that follows the product knew that Reigns was very very likely to win the rumble. I know they had to feel that we knew that. So why the heck would the last three opponents he faced would be all heels?

Should've ended with Ziggler, Ambrose, and Reigns. Not Kane, Show, and Rusev on the side, against THE ONLY FACE! Lol

Title match was the only good thing about last night. The Rumble itself was pretty lame. Was for sure we'd see a final 4 of Ambrose, Wyatt, Bryan and Reigns. Wyatt was destroying people early and then became a nonfactor. Didn't understand the point of Rusev hiding out only to run back in at the end and get tossed anyway.

Sadly, my $20 got me a random draw of Bray Wyatt, Curtis Axel (which turned into someone else), Kofi Kingston, Big E, and someone named Titus O'Neill.  At least Wyatt gave me some hope for awhile.  My friend Chris would have been better off eating his $20.  His random draw wound up being Bubba Ray Dudley, Luke Harper, the Boogeyman, Fandango, and Kane.