Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Another note: I spent like 10 minutes trying to find this thread earlier. I think it should either be Stickied or linked to from a FAQ or something.

Thanks guys.

This thread is linked to the info index which is in the Feedback Forum. The info index is kinda like a FAQ. You can also do a tag search to find the info index.

Tag search: info

Also, clicking on my sig will bring you to the info index.

I've tried to put all useful info in there.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

My dad and I sat in 404 for the Rams game last September and roasted the entire time. Am I right in assuming that there won't be any seats in the shade (other than the ones under cover obviously) for 1pm games in September?

Major props & thanks to Mark for posting that info I feel like I have a personal handbook and guide to help my decision making when buying tickets. Thanks Mark! :)

• If you walk from the curb, to the nearest gate, to the nearest ramp entrance, up all seven ramps, to the upper level concourse, you will have walked exactly one-half mile.
  • If you walk a loop around the club level atrium, you will have walked just over 4/10ths of a mile.
  • It is exactly a one mile walk from the Morgan Blvd metro station platform to Gate A.
  • It is just shy of a one-and-a-half mile walk from the Morgan Blvd metro station platform to the ExtremeSkins Tailgate (assuming you know exactly where you're going).
  • It is a 3/4ths of a mile walk from the middle of the Copper lot to Gate D or E.
  • It is .8 of a mile walk from the middle of the Gray lot to Gate D or E. But it's .65 of a mile walk if you cut through the woods and creek (not recommended).
  • It is a 4/10ths of a mile walk from the middle of the nearest cash lot (the red church lot) to Gate G.
  • It is a one-mile walk from the Library of Congress Landover Center Annex private $10 cash lot down Brightseat Rd., down Arena Dr., to Gate G.

*(courtesy of google maps technology)

im a bit curious how far of a walk is it from the Largo town center metro to the stadium? thanks for all the info though :)

Am I right in assuming that there won't be any seats in the shade (other than the ones under cover obviously) for 1pm games in September?

We don't have any 1oc games in September this year :pfft: First 1oc home game is Oct 10th

The 4:15 game vs the Texans on 9/19 there might be shade though

im a bit curious how far of a walk is it from the Largo town center metro to the stadium? thanks for all the info though :)
I'll have to see if I can find that google map that I used before...

Edit: Looks like 1.5 miles

http://walking.about.com/library/walk/blgooglemap1.htm

My dad and I sat in 404 for the Rams game last September and roasted the entire time. Am I right in assuming that there won't be any seats in the shade (other than the ones under cover obviously) for 1pm games in September?

I believe most of the seats in the 100 level on the home side on the redskins tunnel quadrant are in the shade - exception being the ones closer to the field. Here's a pic to give you a rough idea. You can see Snyder in the burgundy tie signaling Touchdown. He sits on the home side of the field exactly on the 50 yard line. To his left, the seats are in the shade. To his right they are not. You can see the line of shade is angling down towards the field...

redskinsclubcrowdcheering5et.png

BTW, IIRC, this pic was taken by an ES staff guy way back in '05... can't remember who.

I'm impressed Mark. Nice work, and good looking out for your fellow fans. I try to go to at least two home games a season, and usually get the tickets off of stub hub.

:applause: I strongly agree. This will be my first season with season's tickets and found this to be a great guide. Now I just have to search the forums to find where the ES Tailgate is.

We don't have any 1oc games in September this year :pfft: First 1oc home game is Oct 10th

The 4:15 game vs the Texans on 9/19 there might be shade though

Thanks, I hadn't even looked at the times for the games in September yet - I'm surprised there aren't any 1pm home games. Works for me! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've also seen a lot of attempts at fraud on eBay and other sites -- by sellers trying to take advantage of fan ignorance regarding certain seats (e.g. selling fans Obstructed View season tickets for over $1,000 each).

Thats not very nice of him. I knew he was upset about his contract, but ripping off the fans that pay his salary is just wrong.

Mark:

Do you have any more info about 2010 parking? We used to tailgate in F Lot, Green, off of Arena Drive. But last year the Skins messed up the parking, so I had to come in off Brightseat/Redskin Road. We enjoyed tailgating there, but getting out onto Redskin Rd. then Brightseat after a game was miserable. It was always easier in past years to get onto the Beltway from Arena Dr. after a game.

We drive over from NoVa, and used to take the second exit (Arena) instead of the first, except for lat year.

So can we go back to using Arena to get into the Green lots (just past the church)?

HTTR!

:beatdeadhorse:

Thats not very nice of him. I knew he was upset about his contract, but ripping off the fans that pay his salary is just wrong.

He wasn't talking about Mike Sellers. Sellers as in people selling tickets online.

Mark:

Do you have any more info about 2010 parking? We used to tailgate in F Lot, Green, off of Arena Drive. But last year the Skins messed up the parking, so I had to come in off Brightseat/Redskin Road. We enjoyed tailgating there, but getting out onto Redskin Rd. then Brightseat after a game was miserable. It was always easier in past years to get onto the Beltway from Arena Dr. after a game.

We drive over from NoVa, and used to take the second exit (Arena) instead of the first, except for lat year.

So can we go back to using Arena to get into the Green lots (just past the church)?

HTTR!

:beatdeadhorse:

I don't know what you are talking about. I tailgated in Green F-50 and came off Arena Drive every single game last year. Did you get to stadium late?

IronMike - did you go to all the games? The parking for the early one or two games was a nightmare, but those problems were fixed early last season.

My understanding is there are dividers separating the E and F lots. Therefore, you have to use Arena Dr. to access the F lot.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Parking_and_Directions_51637.jsp

Maybe somebody knows better than me, since I don't tailgate over there...

The other thing people need to know is the Redskins hired a new company to manage the parking this year. They are planning additional strategies to improve the flow of traffic and pedestrians. Don't ask...I don't know any specifics.

So it could be different this year than last year.

Archived