Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

I will never use ebay again. How does everybody else find tickets??? Just wondering...
Ebay is fine - just educate yourself re the OV seats and expect that some sellers will lie to you. Ask about the phrase (OV, Limited, etc) printed on the tix. Look for the buyer protection. Check the feedback.
This is great info. Sticky?
Thank-you, Sir. Some of the stuff here is good fan info - but not really consistent with what the owners of the site want broadcast (e.g. off site parking, eBay purchase advice, etc.). For that reason, it not really eligible for sticky-ness. But that's ok. :)

Hmm. Are you sure? Details please.

I do remember hearing something about feedback changes. When does this start happening? I left positive feedback for a seller last month and it showed up just fine.

Mark, I think the feedback change on e-Bay is only that the Seller cannot leave negative feedback for the Buyer! The Buyer can still leave positive or

negative feedback for the Seller.

Thanks for this thread. It really helps folks like us that don't know the ins-and-outs of the Stadium very well!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I bought season tickets for the redskins back in Jan. Section 217 row 16. I was told it was slightly obstructed or limited view, not sure exactly what it was. The seller said they are very good seats, it does have a pilard by it.

Anyone who sat there or sat by there know exactly how good or bad those seats are?

any feedback would help. thanks

Hello,

I bought season tickets for the redskins back in Jan. Section 217 row 16. I was told it was slightly obstructed or limited view, not sure exactly what it was. The seller said they are very good seats, it does have a pilard by it.

Anyone who sat there or sat by there know exactly how good or bad those seats are?

any feedback would help. thanks

I have a friend who is in 217 row 15 and loves his seats, he has a great view. 16, however, is where the OV seats start. You should either be right beside or just back from the pillar, but you'd have to know which seat you're in (i.e. which side of the pillar) to determine what you're view will be like. In that section, you'll be in line with the end zone and looking to your left to see the rest of the field. So your view should be worse if your seats are lower in number, meaning you're looking towards the pillar to see the rest of the field. My guess is they'll be pretty good.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We ended up with 2 extra tickets in 432 for the Cards game. We tried to sell them to one of the Scalpers outside of fedex and he wouldn't offer us more than $15 each for them (face $64). Some of the guys out there weren't even buying tickets, only parking passes.... They said that ticket sales (at least on the street) were down. If you need tickets I might consider buying them from someone on here or at the stadium... Stubhub is a rip off.

SF2K, I don't know much about the Linc. Sorry.

GKR, The scalpers used to hang out with us and talk to us while we waited in line. A few years ago they used to pay $25 for a pair of uppers, or face for a pair of lowers. I don't know what they pay now.

Stubhub is not neccesarily a rip off. If you keep your eye on a certain area you're interested in, every once in a while a pair will pop up from a seller who underestimated their value. So that's a bargain. There's also discount codes that help a little. Also, the week before some games (like the Cards, Rams and Browns), prices will plummet. Also, it's important to understand that MOST of the tickets you see on stubhub are not stubhub tickets. So if you see something you're interested in, don't purchase it right away. At the very least, check ascticket, stagefront, and everyticket first, because chances are the tickets you are interested in are actually carried by one of those three sites and stubhub is relaying the listing from them and acting as a middleman. The price you pay at any of the three sites will be cheaper, and at the first two sites, the service fee will be cheaper, and shipping will be cheaper.

Great Info Mark. Another eBay scam is when a buyer will send payment alert you to send the tickets and then place a hold on their payment claiming their (paypal account) was hijacked.
Thanks. A way to somewhat protect yourself from that is to ship only to confirmed addresses and use the mailing label printing system that ebay and paypal provide, and then ship by Priority mail. Delivery confirmation proves your item went to the address provided by paypal, and if the address is a confirmed address, it proves that the item was actually delivered to the actual paypal account holder.

I purchased tickets from an ebay seller back in 2006 in the 229 section which were declared as slightly obstructed view and the main problem was the overhang. I was a bit green as to the problem with the 200 sections at the time but learned my lesson. As others have said anything from rows 1 - 14 are fine. Never understood why those seats under the overhang were added, money grabbing tactics from the Redskins is my assumption. There is a real lack of atmosphere in the back rows of the 200s, and a lot of the seats were empty so seems pretty pointless having them. If fans made an effort to boycott these seats then maybe they would be extracted. Capacity of the stadium surely wouldn't be that badly affected. Just wish that owners wouldn't place revenue so highly above game enjoyment for the fans without whom they wouldn't exist in the first place. I am over for the Browns game this year and have great seats in the 111 section courtesy of Mikey T and the Hogettes so looking forward to a much improved gameday experience.

This is a great thread, it should be a read me. It will be especially helpful for someone who has never been to FedEx Field.

I traveled from Hawaii to DC for 4 days and attended the Skins/Cards game. I purchased 3 tickets below face value online from StubHub on 16 Sep for $45 each. Face value for each ticket was $54 ea. plus tax. With the 10% commission of $13.50 & last minute services fee of $15 my total invoice was $163.50 which ended up being a good deal. The seats were Limited View Lower Level sec 224 row 16, seats 19, 20, & 21 (If I remember correctly) and there was a clear view of the entire field.

Just in case the original ticket holder is an ES member & happens to read this thread, thank you for a good bargain. We enjoyed the game very much and you helped to make our trip to DC a most wonderful and memorable experience.

It's nice to know that there are still people out there who don't want to rip others off.

rogredskins - first - there are a few seats in row 14 that are OV - the ones next to the pillars on the sidelines.

Second, not everybody shares your opinion of those seats. Maybe they used to in '04 and '05, but in 2006, the Redskins reduced prices significantly - from $69 to $32 for OV seats, which gives them value. Also, a lot of people love the energy under there. My daughter prefers her OV seats over anything upstairs.

Bottom line is, you can get two people into the stadium for ten games for $650. Nothing wrong with that!

And whats even more of a joke is the price that this clown wants - His starting bid is $295 ~ Buy it now $325

Those are $29 cheap seats...I really hope that nobody falls sucker to this bozo!

Fraudulent listing on stubhub:

Seller comments: Use This to Find me: hopson.zachary@yahoo.com and ask me about the selling price. You can take them before the auction ends.Do not forget to include the exact event you ask for and the exact event date in your message.

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-cowboys-11-16-2008-553780/?ticket_id=153589898

Archived