Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Greetings.

A member has PMed me and asked me about an offer he found for a pair of lower levels with parking for $1,100 total. The seller's reply reads like this:

Note the lack of proper punctuation and the european style of four figure number above. Compare it with this quote below from a known scammer from post #356 of Dec '07 in this thread:

Watch out for this seller.

Here is his email address

Clark Andrew" <cccunc1280@gmail.com>

This one looks a little suspicious... :silly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330309532015&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D330309532015%26_fvi%3D1

The main risk with season ticket purchases at this time of year via paypal (even through seemingly legitimate ticket offers) is - by the time the buyer realizes he's been cheated, the 45 day window to file a claim has passed.

• 1 month later...

When do the fixtures come out. I m visiting US between 14/10/09 and 4/11/09 and would be a dream come true to watch the skins.

what are the chances of getting a ticket for a home game...or have i more chance of an away fixture-

Thanks

lifelong Skins fan from Blighty

When do the fixtures come out. I m visiting US between 14/10/09 and 4/11/09 and would be a dream come true to watch the skins.

what are the chances of getting a ticket for a home game...or have i more chance of an away fixture-

Thanks

lifelong Skins fan from Blighty

What is a fixture in this sense?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this most thorough thread, great info! Do you know if there are any obstructed views in the 200 section on the Skins side? I have 108 seats now through the tailgate club and the Skins are offering me an "upgrade" to the club level. If we decide to return to the tailgate section, they are promising to put us back in the 200's on the skins side, at least one section closer to midfield. If memory serves, these are awesome seats. Have you heard of anyone who has taken this deal and have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred,

This has been discussed already in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=287597

It seems to be a solid deal. If I had TG club seats and I was offered this, I'd probably do it.

The 200 level is clear on the home side. The only danger is Row 8 in the corners - if you have seats near the aisle, it's possible the metal railing that goes up and along the stairs and around the tunnel opening will block some view. Use the pics at redskins.com to see what I mean. Other than that, every seat is a clear view.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went to this on Sat. Got there about 10:30 am (it opened at 10) and I got 2 pretty good seats. I'm in section 220 Row 14.

Here are a few nice things,

Since the pillars are in row 14, it gives that row about a foot more leg room.

There is no pillar blocking my view anywhere (this is on the 40 yard line).

Its undercover for those rainy games or when its 100+ degrees.

I saw very few row 14 seats available, its possible they went early, but I don't think I could have done any better. The prices seem to have ranged from 290 a season (major obstructions) to 869 (no obstructions).

Please tell us more.

What are you paying per seat, per season for your new tix?

Are your tix classified as limited, obstructed, or terrace view seating?

If there isn't any obstruction of view, why were these seats offered on pick a seat day?

Please tell us more.

What are you paying per seat, per season for your new tix?

Are your tix classified as limited, obstructed, or terrace view seating?

If there isn't any obstruction of view, why were these seats offered on pick a seat day?

Price was 869 a seat.

I'm not sure what they are classicified as based on reading this post I'd assume Terrace View.

I've attached a picture from sitting in one of the seats. I guess because I can't see the scoreboard they are still considered obstructed (or a really high punt)

I went to this on Sat. Got there about 10:30 am (it opened at 10) and I got 2 pretty good seats. I'm in section 220 Row 14.

Here are a few nice things,

Since the pillars are in row 14, it gives that row about a foot more leg room.

Its undercover for those rainy games or when its 100+ degrees.

I saw very few row 14 seats available, its possible they went early, but I don't think I could have done any better. The prices seem to have ranged from 290 a season (major obstructions) to 869 (no obstructions).

Howie,

One downside for the row 14 and above seats is that they are narrower than the original seats and the armrests are much smaller. This allows 2 extra seats per section in row 14 and higher. If you are thin this makes no difference but you could be squeezed if you are on the heavier side.

Howie,

One downside for the row 14 and above seats is that they are narrower than the original seats and the armrests are much smaller. This allows 2 extra seats per section in row 14 and higher. If you are thin this makes no difference but you could be squeezed if you are on the heavier side.

Fine by me, I'm 140 pounds. :) I think the extra leg room will make up for it.

First off, this is my first post so greetings to all my fellow Redskins fans.

I found this post to be very informative and I wanted to know if you guys would evaluate a recent transaction of mine from Ebay, that I have not yet paid for.

The ad was for 2 club level season ticket seats in section 308. the seller kept the rows and seat # private until payment was sent. I ended up winning both seats for a total of $2200. The person had a reserve on the item until $2000 and I guess my bid was right after the reserve and I won them, for what I think is a pretty good price. however I am feeling a little nervous about the transaction. The ad said that they would be out of town for 2 weeks so it took them a while to get back to me about the exact location of the tickets, but she did get back to me about that which ended up being Row 14.

I tried to email her back and her email was returned to me as undeliverable. I asked her why her email didnt work on her account and she instantly created a new one on hotmail for her account. I then asked her if she could send me a copy of the invoice so I could be sure that the tickets were really hers and she told me that her invoice is really for section 228 but the Redskins upgraded her to club level. I thought it was sort of wierd for the Skins to upgrade to such better seats but I was still willing to check out the invoice., After I gave her the fax # she came back and said she didnt trust to send me the invoice because my fax # had a different area code then my address, which I didnt understand. I offered to meet her in person with cash and she immediately filed a case with Ebay for non paying bidder. Her location is also some 6 hours or so from DC area.

Her feedback is 14, 100% but she didnt have any sales other than 2 back in April since 2007. Under payment options it says Paypal and it does mention something about complete buyer protection there. so can I assume that means the purchase can be guaranteed by them? Here is a copy of it.

Payment details

Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay

Credit or debit card through PayPal

Seller Preferred

Pay with and your full purchase price is covered | See terms

What is your guys take on this? I havent had any bad experiences on ebay before but after reading this thread my spidey senses are a little off here and I want to just abandon the transaction, but the other side of me knows the price is right as well and I think I may be worrying too much.... What are your guys thoughts?

Also if you happen to be on this board reading this I apologize if I am way off, I am just being precautious. :)

Thanks everyone

It is possible the seller was upgraded to club from 228 if the seller was a tailgate club member. My take is it's probably a legit sale - she's just not good at business.

Yes, your payment would be covered by paypal. However, there is a 45 day window to file a claim. That starts from the day you won the auction. This is IIRC, so you might double check. The first preseason game is Aug 23, so that's a good 7-8 weeks away.

If you want the tix, you should pay by paypal. Be sure to file a claim within 45 days of auction end, however, regardless of whatever excuse she has. You can always cancel the claim once you receive the tix.

I would communicate to her that you intend to file a claim within 45 days because you are forced to due to the window closing. She should accept that and understand.

Archived