Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

That is quite generous of you, Mark. I do accept your apology which now appears genuine. Thank you for editing your posts. I put you through the ringer to show you that it's a horrible feeling when someone is falsely accusing you. It's easy to write things and wax eloquent if you think yours doesn't stink. Power to influence others isn't a bad thing but it should be used responsibly. You failed to do that here.

You seem like a decent guy. I have been sold bad seats before so I know what it's like to be burned. I have no interest either in belaboring this any longer. I responded as passionately as I did because I felt terribly wronged-- slandered and sullied without given a fair hearing. The con artist comment was especially hurtful. I hope that this is over for now and forever and that my reputation as a quality seller has not been damaged. Thank you for hearing me out.

I accept your apology. You seem like a decent guy trying to protect others from getting the shaft from unscrupulous sellers. I have been cheated before. I have no interest either in belaboring things. I responded as passionately as I did because I felt terribly wronged. I am glad this is over now.

Don't give up that easy penny...he cost you some :2cents: because I bet some of your potential bidders didnt bid because they saw his false aquisations on here...

Don't give up that easy penny...he cost you some :2cents: because I bet some of your potential bidders didnt bid because they saw his false aquisations on here...

Aren't you the *******, I mean, fella who PMed me a couple weeks ago asking for ticket advice? Which I gave you?

PM April 27th:

homer, do you know anything about a ticket office sale of obstructed view season tickets during the summer months? i was told by a friend that the past two years they have had one...know anything about this?

I am pretty sure you have to be a season ticket holder to take advantage of that sale. Sorry.

And aren't you the *******, I mean, fella who started a thread in the classifieds trying to sell tix to the Steelers game? Except you were giving first priority to Steelers fans?

Any steelers fans out there who wanna buy my tickets, pm me...Steelers Fan first...skins second...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5172352#post5172352

Are you here for any particular reason? I mean, except to start trouble?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh - I've sold ticket(s) before. I am guilty. Please don't report me to the authorities.

Not trying to jack the thread - but...

Ticket reselling is not different than when I go and buy a stock on the NYSE, hold on to it, wait for the market value to increase above the face value I paid, then sell it for a profit...

Just FYI.......Steelers Ben is a ticket reseller. Here is a cross reference for evidence:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/tix/672078934.html

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2034090#post2034090

Aren't you the *******, I mean, fella who PMed me a couple weeks ago asking for ticket advice? Which I gave you?

PM April 27th:

And aren't you the *******, I mean, fella who started a thread in the classifieds trying to sell tix to the Steelers game? Except you were giving first priority to Steelers fans?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5172352#post5172352

Are you here for any particular reason? I mean, except to start trouble?

"well I had sex with your wife"

-George Costanza

I just wanted to point out not sure if it had been mentioned since this thread is so long, but Obstructed view seats are not always like that with 80% view at most, I have a pair of Obstructed View seats in section 213 where I would say 99.5% of the field is in full view, the only thing slightly blocked is a VERY VERY small corner of the endzone on that side of the field and thats because of the wall to the side of section 213. When I picked out my seats, the ones in 213 seemed to have a much much better view in general than those in the endzone/corner on the other side.

Ticket reselling is not different than when I go and buy a stock on the NYSE, hold on to it, wait for the market value to increase above the face value I paid, then sell it for a profit...

Integrity be damned.

I just wanted to point out not sure if it had been mentioned since this thread is so long, but Obstructed view seats are not always like that with 80% view at most, I have a pair of Obstructed View seats in section 213 where I would say 99.5% of the field is in full view, the only thing slightly blocked is a VERY VERY small corner of the endzone on that side of the field and thats because of the wall to the side of section 213. When I picked out my seats, the ones in 213 seemed to have a much much better view in general than those in the endzone/corner on the other side.

Hi Jager:

Back in 2004 when the Redskins first began selling these OV seats, most seats were not yet installed, and they made some glaring errors which caused many OV seat buyers to buy seats that were worse than what was verbally described by TO agents to buyers. It only makes sense that they would also make errors on the other side of the scale, meaning they mistakenly marked seats as OV when they were actually better. But the Redskins didn't have any seats categorized as Limited View in 2004. They hadn't invented the term yet. When they went to refine their seat descriptions in 2005 and 2006, they began using the term Limited View. That's probably how you got OV seats with such a good view.

Be happy! :)

Just an update.

I just counted 34 new listings on eBay started over the past eighteen hours - all of them OV seats.

Here's just one example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120267826864&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D120267826864%26fvi%3D1

The seller writes:

Seats in the 200 level at Fedex Field, including these seats, are labeled limited/obstructed view due to the overhang and structure beams of the 300 club level. Having sat in these seats numerous times over the past few years, I can tell you that the obstruction is minimal about 8% according to the calculations provided when this new level was added to Fedex a few years ago.

The following was posted by Art yesterday in another thread:

All. This is an official reply to this thread from the ticket office. Read it. Factor it in.

Official response:

Beginning after the 2004 season limited view seats have been sold to any member of the season ticket waiting list or current season ticket holders on a first com first serve basis.

The (current) prices of these ticket range from $29.00 (plus tax) to $79.00 (plus tax) per seat based on the amount of obstruction and are sold on a season basis only.

Tickets for this area are clearly marked on the front of the ticket based on the amount of obstruction as follows:

Terrace Seating – Less then a 10% obstruction

Limited View – 11% to 35% obstruction

Obstructed View – more than 35% obstruction

The eBay seller has feedback at 97.1% which sucks. It's so bad, eBay won't even qualify him for more than $200 buyer protection (normal Buyer Protection for trusted sellers is $2,000). But it doesn't matter because it will have expired by the time you would need to file a claim. We all know he bought these tickets yesterday at the stadium for $32 each. He claims the seats are limited/obstructed, but there is no such thing - it's one or the other. He certainly has not sat in these seats numerous times. He claims the obstruction is "minimal" on every single one of his dozens of listings? No. And an 8% obstruction is contrary to what the Redskins officially say above, as quoted in Art's post.

This guy is bad news all around.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be cautious with this eBay listing. I appears to be one of the better deals for clubs since it's on the sidelines, it's undercover, and it includes orange parking. But it seems almost too good to be true. Why is it only a 3 day listing? Why is the photo he uses not from his section? His feedback is not good. His Buyer Protection is only $200, and it will expire at the end of July.

If I was going to buy these, I'd meet him in person and have him sign something in writing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130230822903&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D130230822903%26fvi%3D1

I got this email from a seller on craigslist

Hi there,

Up for sale are (2) Washington Redskins Season Tickets in Section 103 Row 19.

Total Price : $1000 for (2) Washington Redskins Season Tickets.

If you are still interested email me back.

Thank you

Archived