Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

The language on the back of tickets used to specifically state that the season ticket holder may not advertise or sell tickets at more than face value. But this year, they've apparently changed their policy. There is nothing written on the back of the ticket that mentions any penalty for selling a single ticket, which implies that selling a single ticket for more than face value is now acceptable. The only restriction is, you can't sell "all or most" of your season ticket package. And you can't resell on stadium grounds.

Just so folks are clear as to how bad these seats can be, here is the view from the aisle between Section 229 and 230, row 22.

originalstanding.jpg

Section 214 is basically the equivalent of this section and row (both row 22) but on the other side of the field. Did you take this standing up or sitting down? And if you lean forward can you see the rest of the field?

Section 214 is basically the equivalent of this section and row (both row 22) but on the other side of the field. Did you take this standing up or sitting down? And if you lean forward can you see the rest of the field?

I really don't see the point of having seats like those. Limited view seats are fine, as long as they stay cheap....but not those horrible ones. Do any other stadium (college or pro) have seats where you can only view 50% or less of the field? For the most part I do like Snyder as our owner. At least he is willing to do anything and everything to win....but selling seats like those to Redskins fans....it just seems like all this does is create annomosity among the loyal fanbase towards ownership.

I was one of the very first people to buy OV seats in the summer of 2004.

When Snyder first sold the majority of these seats in June 2004, they went for ten dollars less than the seats elsewhere in the lower bowl. Snyder marketed these seats as a bargain, explaining that the price would increase by $10 in 2005 -- equal to the other lower level seats. The problem is, when he did this, the seats, including those with views such as what you see in the pic above, were not installed yet. So fans who purchased in June and July of 2004, couldn't see the view from their seats in advance. They had to rely on a verbal description of the view from a Snyder-coached FedExField employee.

When August 2004 rolled around, and the fans actually sat in their OV seats for the first pre season game, although some found their view to be accurately described, others were horrified to find that the actual view was much different than what was described. That's what caused all the anger between fans and Redskins management.

Initially, the Redskins flat out refused refunds or any accomodations to fans who were misled. This fueled the anger and pending lawsuits. But after about a week to ten days of complaints and bad press, Snyder relented, and he began finally offering refunds to those who wanted them. But he also promised those who stayed in their OV seats an upgrade of moving at least two rows forward within two years. Many fans, faced with permanently losing their season ticket rights, reluctantly stayed in their over-priced OV seats due to his promise.

Two years later, Snyder indeed invited his customers to move forward at least two rows as promised, but he also attempted to move them three sections towards the endzone. I personally found this incredibly underhanded - but typically Dan Snyder. This was not mentioned two years earlier. I can tell you, if he had explained this in 2004, I would not have stayed in my OV seats.

He also hiked the price of the other seats on the lower bowl by $40.

In addition, when Snyder found virtually nobody willing to pay the money he wanted for his OV seats, Snyder dropped prices dramatically in that area. He also broke the seats in this area up into three different rates, Obstructed, Limited, and Terrace.

Due to the price increase in the lower level, the OV seat price decrease, and the fact that I'd have to move from a sidelines section to a back corner section, I refused the promised upgrade. I still have OV seats today.

However, with prices so low now, I personally don't see a huge problem at this point. OV seats at $32 each enable fans on a tight budget to attend the games that they otherwise wouldn't be able to attend. In addition to my pair of normal season ticket seating, I was and am able to afford an additional pair of tickets down in the OV section for my daughters that I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. True, the bathrooms and concessions are over crowded on the lower level visiting side, but otherwise, I think it's a win win situation.

The language on the back of tickets used to specifically state that the season ticket holder may not advertise or sell tickets at more than face value. But this year, they've apparently changed their policy. There is nothing written on the back of the ticket that mentions any penalty for selling a single ticket, which implies that selling a single ticket for more than face value is now acceptable. The only restriction is, you can't sell "all or most" of your season ticket package. And you can't resell on stadium grounds.

Yeah your right it has changed. I heard where a huge block of tix from the Wa.Po. got taken away because they were selling larger numbers thru ebay or some other method. From what i recall Snyder doesnt like large #'s of tix being scalped/re-sold etc. If john doe decides he cant go to a couple of games and has to sell them then theres no harm there.

Just to let everyone know...Tickets are not covered by Ebay nor are they by Paypal. Be careful, some of my tickets never showed up!
Where'd you hear that? I am pretty sure a purchase on eBay, when paid for with paypal, is covered for either a $200 limit or a $2,000 limit, depending on the seller. I've never heard that tickets are excluded from this.

And he started them at $300! Someone is in for a nasty surprise.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot just stand idly by when I see this stuff. This guy is using a brand new eBay account to bait and lure some unsuspecting Redskins fan into buying his lower level Redskins Cowboys tickets. I asked and he replied one ticket is OV, which means the other is probably Limited. He didn't bother posting my question though. The advantage of a new Ebay account is, he can abandon it after he gets the negative feedback. What a scumbag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110172253591&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/110172253591_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

I cannot just stand idly by when I see this stuff. This guy is using a brand new eBay account to bait and lure some unsuspecting Redskins fan into buying his lower level Redskins Cowboys tickets. I asked and he replied one ticket is OV, which means the other is probably Limited. He didn't bother posting my question though. The advantage of a new Ebay account is, he can abandon it after he gets the negative feedback. What a scumbag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110172253591&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/110172253591_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Join me in inundating him with questions about his listing. :-)

Isn't that pic taken from 216? Those are pretty nice seats though...

Yes that is the pic from Section 216. Seats are in Section 216 Row 4.

When I said "200 level" I just meant that generically. Meaning, the seats are in a section on the 200 level. Sorry for the confusion.

his tix in the pic show 216.

I am thinking this is because I am a mental defective... (Where is the "I'm a moron" smiley face?)

Thanks for pointing this out to me guys. Simple typo.

I have updated the Ebay listing to reflect the proper section. (216)

And I had not even been :pint: when I posted that last night....

Tix in posting are actual tix buyer will get- should be able to see 216 on them.

FYI - The seller emailed me back and said 1 of the tickets was obstructed view.

Use your head. Ask yourself why tickets in section 201 through 242 sell for the same price as 401 through 454. These are additional seats that Danny added in 2004. The section is behine the 100's section. The overhang prevents you from seeing the scoreboard. One or the other endzone in blocked from view and the concrete pillars are in front of you. They mounted TV sets to the side of each pillar. Spend all that money to watch the game on TV.

Thanks for this thread. The day may come that I make the trip from Indiana to see a game and will do a search for something like this before I buy. I will of course hit this site to look for tickets from one of you. I would rather my money go to someone I "know" over a stranger. Plus, I can ask that they beat you up at the tailgate if something goes wrong. LOL ... (i know it would not though)

Warning:

The UK Hijacker has expanded into other sites. He's now on Stubhub. What he does is he starts an auction, then includes his email in the description offering Buy It Now. You email him. He emails back with an excellent price, and explains he is having trouble with paypal but he's traveling to the UK, he can't attend the games, but he will accept your Western Union money order.

It's all about greed. The buyer is lured in for excellent cheap tickets and no fees and gets taken.

Archived