Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA info...could be rumor, but reliable person!

jayneal7

Going back to the original statement on this thread, there's no way we get Lloyd and Randle El. That wouldn't even make sense. I'd be surprised if any of this was true. I love Lloyd, but, the Niners aren't gonna just let him go for mid-round draft picks. They're trying to develop a QB that they picked first overall in the draft. Who the hell is he supposed to throw the ball to? And, as far as Randle El goes, I don't see us getting him either.

I say post of the week goes to teamcal

Excellent point, we have the ideal situation for a young WR to come and thrive in. HOF coach, best OC in football, an amazing running back, a veteran QB, and he will be opposite a pro-bowl WR, one of the very best in football. When you put a player with raw talent into a situation like that, thats how superstars develop. Its the perfect situation for a young WR to be coached into something more. And dang if that doesnt sound like a superbowl team lol

Just thought i would throw a little gasoline on the fire...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/10/bc.fbn.packers.walker.ap/

The Packers are either stupid or Walker is overrated. The guy is still playing on his rookie contract and had a great year in 2004. It doesn't make sense but maybe he really isn't that good and they just want to get rid of him.

Coupla thoughts on B. Lloyd:

You know, that guy could just possibly be a decent #2 WR for somebody. :)

Looks to adjust to the ball in the air as well as anyone you'll see, with great hand-eye and great body control. A gift already owned by S. Moss, btw.

If they're taking these guys to a Wiz game, they better plan to leave at the end of the 3rd quarter when everyone's still happy.

Damn, everyone BUT LLOYD, the guy I want the most. He's a better receiver than Randle-El, BY FAR. He's worth a 3rd and 4th and I'd take him over Antwaan anyday.

He did say we were going to get Lloyd for a midround pick this year, and one next year. There have been reports stating we are working on a trade for Lloyd. So it looks like we will have both Lloyd and randle El.

Would be awesome but, seems to be a tad in the overkill department at the expense of other positions.

Overkill is EXACTLY what we need.

If you score 7 points EVERY time you put your offense on the field, a few other positions could be expensed.

Hail!:point2sky

Guest amaprius
IMO this guy will come in....get 'coached up'....and become a Pro Bowl WR in the next 2 years.

I know people have been saying crap like, 'The guy catches balls better with one hand then two'. Well.....if he's athletically capable of pulling in some of the catches we've all seen on sportscenter, then he sure as hell has the ability to continue developing into a sure 'two-handed' WR :)

Didnt we go down this road before with 50/50?....And Gardener is better than Lloyd....

I call Lloyd 20/80 and until he proves me wrong I will continue that.

I dont want him.

Andre Carter is an underachiever.

SF let him go....so should we.

how can we only get a 5th for Ramsey and give up a 3rd and 4th for Lloyd? It baffles me how we just throw in draft picks....

If we get Lloyd for a 4th + 5th, or 3rd and 4th, we are getting a playmaker and someone who can help this team win NOW. Typical mid-round picks take time to cultivate and the Skins do not need projects or have the time, we have been messing around with Thrash and Jacobs for too long. IMHO no one over a 2nd round selection is going to make this team next year and for a long time to come. We only need players who can come in and contribute right away. Its going to be all 1st and 2nd rounders with a heavy does of free agency until Gibbs walks away in a few years. I'll take it.

how can we only get a 5th for Ramsey and give up a 3rd and 4th for Lloyd? It baffles me how we just throw in draft picks....

Maybe cause Ramsey sucks and Lloyd doesn't. :shutup:

Okay let me refrase that: Maybe it's cause Lloyd's a starter and Ramsey isn't. :)

Didnt we go down this road before with 50/50?....And Gardener is better than Lloyd....

I call Lloyd 20/80 and until he proves me wrong I will continue that.

I dont want him.

Andre Carter is an underachiever.

SF let him go....so should we.

Most ignorant post of the evening IMO. Why don't you post some statistics that back up that 20/80 claim. Honestly...have you ever watched the guy play. My best friend is a season ticket holder (49ers)...talked with him tonight, and he's shtting himself right now over the possiblity of losing Lloyd. I've yet to hear a 49er fan talk about Lloyd the same way Skins fans were talking about Gardner during his tenure. How in the world could you even compare the two?? :doh:

Speed = Lloyd > Gardner

Athletic Ability (Adjusting to the ball in mid air) = Lloyd > Gardner

Hands (Cannot even believe you're comparing the two) = Lloyd > Gardner

Route Running (Creating Seperation from Defenders) Lloyd > Garnder

Run Blocking = Gardner ?

Are you bitter that the Skins traded Gardner? Was he one of your favorite players or something? ;)

Just picked up a juicy bit of info from someone who is pretty reliable...anyway - here goes:

Redskins already have a deal with 49ers to acquire 49ers WR Brandon Lloyd for two draft picks.

Will acquire the Chiefs' Todd Collins to be their 3rd QB (knows Al Saunders well).

Are flying in free agent S Adam Archuleta (great blitzer; Gregg Williams loves him), free agent WR Antoine Randle El and free agent DE Andre Carter tomorrow. Will make their pitch, wine and dine them, take them to the Wizards-Pistons game. The Bears are their toughest competition for Archuleta and Randle El.

Heard from another source that Randle-El is as good as ours! That gives us Moss, Lloyd and R-E w/Patton as 4th WR!?!

If these guys are on the money (and I believe they are)... :cheers:

XXXXI :point2sky

Cheerleader info :D

I can't see why Randle El would want to go from being a starter to a #3 receiver I would think that would shy him away, I guess money is all that matters to players now.

Lloyd may have lapses on easy routes where he drops the ball, but thats easily fixed. The fact that he CAN make some of the catches the he does on impulse (without having the time to think about it too much) just testifies to the fact that he has great hands. Gardner couldn't catch the easy ones and didn't even have a shot at pulling one down with just one hand.

Archived