Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA info...could be rumor, but reliable person!

jayneal7

Can you imagine how sick our offense would be.... WOW.. i get cold chills just thinking about it... Portis would have a huge huge year too.... man... good dreams are on the way tonight.....

Portis had the year he had without a #2 WR. If we get a legit #2 WR he will blow up. Every defense we played knew they could concentrate on Moss and the run. Late in the season Cooley was all but non-existent. Lloyd (or any legit #2) would allow us to open up so much field for Portis to run. Yes, that is exciting. :applause:

For some reason I thought Lloyd was bigger than what he is. Maybe it's just because he plays so big.

Moss and Lloyd alone would be unbelievable.

And it leaves room for Patten or Thrash as the 3rd wideout.

That seems to make so much more sense, especially with the way Gibbs has been talking.

And you know the Kemoeatu rumors are probably legit because we're flat out aging along the defensive line and have poor depth there.

The Redskins will pour money into that before chasing Randel El and his demands...all to be our 3rd receiver. Makes no sense whatsoever...

Well I'll leave it at this:

Lloyd is talented but he doesn't have the concentration like Moss or some of the other WRs. That can be fixed, yes. But why go and try and chase someone who MIGHT become a good number one some day when you could go get Givens who is a solid number 2 already?

With that said. I would not want the Eagles to throw draft picks at the Niners to get this guy. But if it makes Redskins fans happy then more power to you guys. I want LeCharles anyway. :)

no way we get R-E and Lloyd.. its just overkill and would be wasting our money

Tell that to Moss when he's being double and triple teamed. I know not everyone like El, but he would definitely take some pressure off of Moss because he is a threat. It's not all about the stats. Think about it. Moss and Lloyd on the outside, El running the slot, CP, Cooley, and fill in the blank at TE, I wouldn't mind Putzier and Vernon Davis is a pipe dream. Sounds like a Madden offense, but it could be a reality.

Well I'll leave it at this:

Lloyd is talented but he doesn't have the concentration like Moss or some of the other WRs. That can be fixed, yes. But why go and try and chase someone who MIGHT become a good number one some day when you could go get Givens who is a solid number 2 already?

With that said. I would not want the Eagles to throw draft picks at the Niners to get this guy. But if it makes Redskins fans happy then more power to you guys. I want LeCharles anyway. :)

What you are saying about Lloyd sounds like a carbon copy of what Jets fans were saying about Moss. How did that turn out?

I really do not want us to pursue Randle-El. He is a good return man and very durable, but I don't see him as our answer to the #2 WR position. Lloyd would be a nice pick-up. But, I still would like to see the skins' take a look at Givens.

Givens would also be a solid pickup, but I just don't see him leaving NE.

Keep in mind the original poster's sources had the Lloyd deal already done.

The Post says it's not done yet.

Doesn't that just make it all the more realistic? We all know the Post is usually well behind such things. They probably only have a whiff now because the CBA was pushed back so long :). Ok, that was mean to our Post friends, wasn't it.

Is Jay of JayNeal7 short for Jason? Like Jason La Canfora and maybe Neal is his middle name? I just thought it odd that JayNeal7 referenced 2 sources, as did Jason La Canfora in his article.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

La Canfora is a member here, but JayNeal isn't the member account.

Doesn't that just make it all the more realistic? We all know the Post is usually well behind such things. They probably only have a whiff now because the CBA was pushed back so long :). Ok, that was mean to our Post friends, wasn't it.

I wouldnt be surprised if this thread was jason's source!

Maybe I am giving the Post too much credit...but at least La Canfora's latest stuff has at least seemed logical. Nunyo was just all over the place.

Del,

I don't know what to say to you, other than you sound like Peter King.

King said Jason Campbell was the player he believed was the best one in the draft before the draft. Then, we sign him and he says it was a bad move because Washington didn't need Campbell. The Redskins, a team he panned as a bad one, didn't need the best player in the draft in his estimation. That just sounded off.

Lloyd is already a good No. 2. He has deep speed, can make great catches and threaten teams. Even at 40-50 catches, he's a legitimate No. 2. He has so much more upside though that you have to wonder what his catch numbers might have been with QBs who could complete passes and with talent around him. Givens is only a No. 2. He won't ever be the kind of threat teams HAVE to respect. Lloyd may not either, but, he's the sort of player who already has more fear in his game for opposing teams, and, who could become a player who absolutely forces teams to play two-deep shells to have a chance to stop us.

Del,

I don't know what to say to you, other than you sound like Peter King.

King said Jason Campbell was the player he believed was the best one in the draft before the draft. Then, we sign him and he says it was a bad move because Washington didn't need Campbell. The Redskins, a team he panned as a bad one, didn't need the best player in the draft in his estimation. That just sounded off.

Lloyd is already a good No. 2. He has deep speed, can make great catches and threaten teams. Even at 40-50 catches, he's a legitimate No. 2. He has so much more upside though that you have to wonder what his catch numbers might have been with QBs who could complete passes and with talent around him. Givens is only a No. 2. He won't ever be the kind of threat teams HAVE to respect. Lloyd may not either, but, he's the sort of player who already has more fear in his game for opposing teams, and, who could become a player who absolutely forces teams to play two-deep shells to have a chance to stop us.

I actually am thinking along the same lines as you...this is basically a guy who will fill our number 2 slot, and has "potential" to become a number 1 wide reviever in this league. Lets just say that he pans out wit ha good qb and coaching...then we would have acquired a number one wr for a few mid round picks..sounds good to me

I don't want to come off like that, Art.

I don't want you to think it's a bad move because the Redskins are trying to get him. I think this would be a bad move on any teams part! I just do not think this guy is worth it! I personally think Givens would fit in DC perfectly. Thats my opinion though.

Not to mention is it really worth the Redskins to give up MORE picks?? Building through the draft is a vital part of building a championship team. You guys should be stockpiling!

yeah, that has REALLY worked well for the beagles, you guys have soooo many championships because building through the draft, :laugh:

Jason La Canfora? Never heard of him ... sorry.

Like I said...friend of an uncle's cousin..errr something, something... :silly:

I'm hitting the hay fellas...check back in the morning to see if my man is money or if I need to hide in shame :)

Here's hoping we have a nice Christmas tomorrow :cheers:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived