Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA info...could be rumor, but reliable person!

jayneal7

I've been thinking about the Brandon LLoyd potential trade and I've gone back and forth on this one:

Positives:

1. I think his ability to catch jumpballs and style is a perfect compliment to Santana Moss and a good redzone threat.

2. He's young and the type of player who can come in team up w/ Moss for the next 5 years

3. Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Lloyd is a pretty impressive set of skilled players

Negative:

1. He'll require compensation!!!!!

If he was an UFA this would be a no brainer, but with players like Antonio Bryant available I would be hesitant to give up picks.....

My hope now is we do make the deal, especially w/ Givens off the table (I think).....Hopefully we could acquire him for a 3rd and 5th....I really wouldn't want to give up a 2nd rounder.....Plus, we may get an additional 3rd as a compensatory pick and an additional 5th for Ramsey.....

I really think we need to keep that 2nd rounder becasue we might not be able to fill our LB need in free agency and D. Jackson from MD might be available in the 2nd round....

Yeah I hope so too. If Gibbs and co. like what they see in Lloyd, that makes me like him that much more as a potential 'skin. He's obviously got some eye-popping ability.

My source definitely has access to this information, so I think it's likely true.

Keepin' it real on the left coast CalSkinsFan! I'm trying to stay up, but this board has a pretty slow pulse right now...I think I'll call it a night...wake up early, hit "refresh", and see what goes on!

A 3rd & a 4th for Lloyd would be a steal. Lloyd had a good year with the 9ers as the no.1, I think he'd be even more effective as no.2 in WAS.

The way I look at it is if the team feels that it needs a WR and is willing to use a draft pick to aquire a relative unknown commodity, why not use that same draft pick and get a known commodity.

I've said a few times and I'll keep repeating it until I see different that I can't imagine getting BOTH Randle El and Lloyd. I prefer Lloyd but didn't think he was a realistic option as an RFA. For the rumored price, he's very realistic. Even cheap to a degree. Just with Lloyd our offense becomes more diverse, young and difficult to stop. If by some stroke of strange fortune we ALSO get Randle El, we'd easily have an offense that few teams could even begin to match up with. The quicks on that field would be insane. Portis would have so much room to run because teams simply would not be able to go zero-coverage or 1-over against us.

The quickness would allow a ton of short pass into long touchdown situations if teams tried hammering at us with huge pass rush schemes. Lloyd makes the offense very good. Both would just create matchup issues no one could match as Patten down as your NO. 4 receiver would be one heck of a thing.

I've said a few times and I'll keep repeating it until I see different that I can't imagine getting BOTH Randle El and Lloyd. I prefer Lloyd but didn't think he was a realistic option as an RFA. For the rumored price, he's very realistic. Even cheap to a degree. Just with Lloyd our offense becomes more diverse, young and difficult to stop. If by some stroke of strange fortune we ALSO get Randle El, we'd easily have an offense that few teams could even begin to match up with. The quicks on that field would be insane. Portis would have so much room to run because teams simply would not be able to go zero-coverage or 1-over against us.

The quickness would allow a ton of short pass into long touchdown situations if teams tried hammering at us with huge pass rush schemes. Lloyd makes the offense very good. Both would just create matchup issues no one could match as Patten down as your NO. 4 receiver would be one heck of a thing.

I think you're making a case to spend a bundle on Randle El...

I thought the O-Line could use some quality backup, but with so many weapons, I think there's less pressure on the line...our 4 set of WRs would be daunting.

Where did you hear this? Show me in writing where it says Randle El wants #1 wr type money, since you're so sure of it. BTW, Koren Robinson just signed with the Vikings. Walker I'm game for, but if Gibbs is after Lloyd, there has to be a good reason. If Gibbs is after Randle El there has to be a good reason.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-060310bears,1,4669370.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

The two sides are discussing a deal of five or six years, believed to be valued in excess of $20 million.

"Two sides" being the Bears and Randle El.

It's not really in writing that we are going after Lloyd. Not that I have seen. There are only only rumors that we are interested.

It is writing that the Redskins have not contacted the 49ers about Lloyd:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/14074596.htm

Aaron Salkin, a spokesman for the 49ers, said the Redskins had not yet spoken directly with the 49ers about the deal

EDIT: Good find on the Koren Robinson signing.

I posted this on another thread...I think it bears repeating...

I think you guys are missing a serious detail when discussing $$ for guys like R-E... with all the behind the scenes restructuring still going on today, we are going to have a CRAPLOAD of cash to spend. And this is the year to spend it! We are so close to SBXXXXI....

If Al Saunders wants 4 WR's who can play, believe me - Joe and Danny will do what is necessary to get them!

Hell, I believed in my heart this team was going to win the SB LAST YEAR until Randy Thomas got hurt and derailed our running game. If we add the guys mentioned last night:

Archuleta

Lloyd

Randle-El

Carter

Collins

Campbell?

Kemo-eat-you?

That leaves us needing only:

Starting WS LB (assuming Carter isn't playing there-he could be?!)

backup OL

backup CB

K & P

Good Lord this will be a nasty football team!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Neal.

What I think we should also look at is with a lot of money, we should sign Clark and Royal. We should do the right thing by Salave'a, Sellers, Cooley and perhaps even Taylor after his trial. And, we do need another competent backer and corner fairly desperately in the mix.

If we can do everything with the money, that's money :).

But, if we have to chose between Randle El or hooking up some of our own guys, I'd like to hook our own up.

I think you're making a case to spend a bundle on Randle El...

I thought the O-Line could use some quality backup, but with so many weapons, I think there's less pressure on the line...our 4 set of WRs would be daunting.

I'm not making that case at all. If we can do Randle El and STILL add depth on the offensive line, sign a safety, corner, linebacker, DT, DE while adding another receiver, then, I'm ok with all this :). I just think if we do get Randle El, it becomes a very dynamic front line offense.

GM's and FO people all over the league have said in recent days that R-E is a great #3 reciever... check ESPN, Sportsline, etc. You will easily find those quotes...Even in some of the posts on ES that quote those articles.

Yes Thats true but most players in free agency leave their current team to go be a starter somewhere else if they have the potential to and they don't start for their current team,I don't understand why he would want to go down the depth chart, I just think if I was in his shoes I would go somewhere that I can start, I also think Randle El is a #3 receiver and not a #2,I just don't see why we would spend alot of money on a #3 receiver when we already have patten who is at best a #3, I just see it as a waste of money, we could definitely use that money on something else like a defensive end.

Neal.

What I think we should also look at is with a lot of money, we should sign Clark and Royal. We should do the right thing by Salave'a, Sellers, Cooley and perhaps even Taylor after his trial. And, we do need another competent backer and corner fairly desperately in the mix.

If we can do everything with the money, that's money :).

But, if we have to chose between Randle El or hooking up some of our own guys, I'd like to hook our own up.

I agree somewhat. I think we'll do right because I trust who's running this team. I like Clark and would love to have him back. Royal I could take or leave...personally thought he dropped WAY to many 3rd down conv. attempts. You also have to factor in the character of the guys we have. Some of these guys were not drafted or signed by Joe and may not fit in with what he wants for his team's personality ;)

This isn't the old Norv/Marty/Spurrier Dan Snyder in charge team. Dan is still the man, but he has learned something invaluable from Joe - character counts over talent & giving your own guys a chance to pick themselves back up after they fall will make them climb into the foxhole with you when the chips are really down.

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history in my humble opinion and every single move he's made here will prove it out again. Ask NASCAR folks what they think if you need a 2nd opinion...

:koolaid:

I agree somewhat. I think we'll do right because I trust who's running this team. I like Clark and would love to have him back. Royal I could take or leave...personally thought he dropped WAY to many 3rd down conv. attempts. You also have to factor in the character of the guys we have. Some of these guys were not drafted or signed by Joe and may not fit in with what he wants for his team's personality ;)

This isn't the old Norv/Marty/Spurrier Dan Snyder in charge team. Dan is still the man, but he has learned something invaluable from Joe - character counts over talent & giving your own guys a chance to pick themselves back up after they fall will make them climb into the foxhole with you when the chips are really down.

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history in my humble opinion and every single move he's made here will prove it out again. Ask NASCAR folks what they think if you need a 2nd opinion...

:koolaid:

You got that right!

I am not an Archuleta fan at all. I would much prefer Ryan Clark. I dont know enough about Andre Carter. I hope we sign Lloyd, and I guess Randle el too, but I would rather see another defensive pick up instead of two WR's. Maybe a nickel-back or some D-linemen. Either way we are lookin pretty good. We didnt need much from last year personell wise, just some consistency and play calling improvements, so I think we should be a Super Bowl contender going into the season if we do pick up some of these guys. But as to Archuleta, please no.

not for nothing but can we get a BIG receiver??

Patton 5'10"

Moss 5'10"

Randel-El 5'10"

Lloyd 6'0"

we need a receiver that can get up over the defenders since we all know that brunell isnt the most accurate passer in the league

HTTR

did u forget the fun bunch? lol

Patton 5'10"

Moss 5'10"

Randel-El 5'10"

Lloyd 6'0"

we need a receiver that can get up over the defenders since we all know that brunell isnt the most accurate passer in the league

HTTR

Brunell is plenty accurate. What he's not as good at is making "stick" throws that require a BIG arm. Quick receivers like ours would be in this scenario are ideal for him as they create space. ONE slip or bad technique move by a defender and we've got lots of open room to run with these guys.

Are you from Green Bay? If so, it seems Javon Walker is pretty unhappy. I think he is a better choice than either Lloyd or El. He is young and a superstart when healthy. Clayton reported there is no way the packers trade him, but he seems hell bent on getting out of Green Bay saying "I'd retire before I play here again." If his relationship with the organization and fans is so bad and given he is coming off an injury, we may be able to get him for a reasonable price.

Patton 5'10"

Moss 5'10"

Randel-El 5'10"

Lloyd 6'0"

HTTR

Speed kills. And we have Cooley to go across the middle and run guys over. Not to mention Clinton Portis, who will see a few more balls thrown his way with Al Saunders calling plays! :applause:

Archived