Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA info...could be rumor, but reliable person!

jayneal7

People are missing the boat with this Ramsey thing... he's gone regardless, whether we trade him or cut him. He is gone. The market is flooded with QBs who are better than Ramsey.

Brees, Culpepper and a very strong QB class in the draft are working to bring down Ramsey's value.

It's bad timing for the Redskins. Should have traded him last year when there were teams like the Dolphins and Jets desperate for a QB.

As far as these potential signings go, I like them.

Archuleta might not seem like a need, but the combo of he and Taylor would give us arguably the best safeties in the league. He's a much better player around the line of scrimmage than Clark.

Randel El seems to be getting alot of flak... but he can stretch the field and give us a return game that was lacking last year.

Carter might have some injury issues but he is the type of guy who can provide us a pass rush and line up in two different positons. If he can get us 6-8 sacks a year, bring him on.

Collins seems like a solid #3 QB. Decent veteran who knows Saunders and this offense.

Guest amaprius
Lloyd may have lapses on easy routes where he drops the ball, but thats easily fixed. The fact that he CAN make some of the catches the he does on impulse (without having the time to think about it too much) just testifies to the fact that he has great hands. Gardner couldn't catch the easy ones and didn't even have a shot at pulling one down with just one hand.

Living out here in SF and seeing the games in person....He sucks....

Cant people get it through their heads that one of the worst teams in the league wants to let him go for mid to late round picks?!....Why is that?

Whatever the sources, he was scooped by this article from NFL.com:

AIR SNYDER

When midnight strikes, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder will have his jets fueled up and ready to depart across the country to pick up free agents Washington desires.

"The pilots," Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato said on NFL Total Access, "will be on standby."

Those thought to be on Washington's hit list include San Francisco free agent defensive end Andre Carter, St. Louis safety Adam Archuleta, San Francisco wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, Kansas City quarterback Todd Collins and Baltimore defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu.

The Redskins sense they are close to getting to the next level, and a solid free-agent class could make the difference. Snyder knows it, Joe Gibbs knows it, and now the team is going to act on it.

It would surprise nobody if, on the opening weekend of free agency, even with their salary-cap issues, the Redskins make the biggest splash. Don't they always at this time of year?

bur right now Randle El is the #2 in pittsburgh I would think that he would want to go somewhere where he would be the #2 still or possibly the #1(doubt that would happen)

The only reason he became a #2 is because Plaxiglass left and they were thin at WR. Granted, R-E is talented, but he's not a #1 Wr. He'd be kidding himself to think he is.

The only reason he became a #2 is because Plaxiglass left and they were thin at WR. Granted, R-E is talented, but he's not a #1 Wr. He'd be kidding himself to think he is.

He wasn't even the full-time #2 was he? Cedrick Wilson and Randle El more or less switched off with R-E spending a bit more time in the slot.

Guest amaprius
bur right now Randle El is the #2 in pittsburgh I would think that he would want to go somewhere where he would be the #2 still or possibly the #1(doubt that would happen)

GM's and FO people all over the league have said in recent days that R-E is a great #3 reciever... check ESPN, Sportsline, etc. You will easily find those quotes...Even in some of the posts on ES that quote those articles.

Living out here in SF and seeing the games in person....He sucks....

Cant people get it through their heads that one of the worst teams in the league wants to let him go for mid to late round picks?!....Why is that?

Maybe because the 49ers are the worst team in the league (your words), which would mean they have many, many needs, and Lloyd is in the last year of his contract. Why not trade him now for multiple picks while he has some trade value instead of letting him walk after next year for nothing.

It's not like the 49ers are going to be a playoff team this year if thay keep him, right? :2cents:

Maybe cause Ramsey sucks and Lloyd doesn't. :shutup:

Okay let me refrase that: Maybe it's cause Lloyd's a starter and Ramsey isn't. :)

(Though Ramsey is going to compete for the # 1 job next year somewhere and Lloyd won't, he might end up as a third or forth option, while Ramsey starts...but you never know.)

(Though Ramsey is going to compete for the # 1 job next year somewhere and Lloyd won't, he might end up as a third or forth option, while Ramsey starts...but you never know.)

:laugh: Ramsey may compete for a #1 spot, but that doesn't mean he's going to get it. Everyone's competing for a starting spot, but there are only 22 starters per team. Fact- Lloyd was a starter 15 out of 16 games last season. Fact- Ramsey was a backup 15 out of 16 games last season.

But hey, ya never know...

It seems like Lloyd and Randle El will both want big contracts. Patten's contract is not that small either.

That is a lot of money to sink into the WR position for only having 1 guy that is proven to be able to get 1000+ yards. That is gambling way too much on potential, and frankly I don't think it fits into our salary structure.

It is either Randle El or Lloyd, but not both. It's more likely to be neither than both.

It seems like Lloyd and Randle El will both want big contracts. Patten's contract is not that small either.

That is a lot of money to sink into the WR position for only having 1 guy that is proven to be able to get 1000+ yards. That is gambling way too much on potential, and frankly I don't think it fits into our salary structure.

It is either Randle El or Lloyd, but not both. It's more likely to be neither than both.

Then Patten has to go. Oh well.

Still doesn't fix the problem. You'd still be paying #1 WR money to a #3 WR.

I'd rather spend a little more money to get Javon Walker instead of Brandon Lloyd. Then we can get someone cheaper for a #3 like Koren Robinson.

Where did you hear this? Show me in writing where it says Randle El wants #1 wr type money, since you're so sure of it. BTW, Koren Robinson just signed with the Vikings. Walker I'm game for, but if Gibbs is after Lloyd, there has to be a good reason. If Gibbs is after Randle El there has to be a good reason.

Where did you hear this? Show me in writing where it says Randle El wants #1 wr type money, since you're so sure of it. BTW, Koren Robinson just signed with the Vikings. Walker I'm game for, but if Gibbs is after Lloyd, there has to be a good reason. If Gibbs is after Randle El there has to be a good reason.

Common sense dictates he wants #1 money. With Reggie Wayne off the market, he is the top WR available in the eyes of most of the NFL. He's going to get more than he's worth no matter what.

Common sense dictates he wants #1 money. With Reggie Wayne off the market, he is the top WR available in the eyes of most of the NFL. He's going to get more than he's worth no matter what.

I don't know where you come from, but where I come from assuming can get you damn near killed. Again, show me where it says he wants #1 Wr type money and I'll shut up. If you can't, quit making excuses on why we can't get him. You're wasting server space and sound like a mindless drone. :)

Redskins already have a deal with 49ers to acquire 49ers WR Brandon Lloyd for two draft picks.

My reliable source told me this early Friday. We give the 49ers a 3rd this year and a 4th next year. It's apparently a done deal.

I couldn't say anything until "tomorrow", and it's now tomorrow in my time zone (PT). By 9 minutes. :)

My reliable source told me this early Friday. We give the 49ers a 3rd this year and a 4th this year. It's apparently a done deal.

I couldn't say anything until "tomorrow", and it's now tomorrow in my time zone (PT). By 9 minutes. :)

Sounds good to me :) . Two sources = even better possibly true rumor :D .

My reliable source told me this early Friday. We give the 49ers a 3rd this year and a 4th this year. It's apparently a done deal.

I'm liking it. I'm pretty psyched about Lloyd now, I hadn't really thought too much about him before the last coupla days as a prospect.

Archived