Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA info...could be rumor, but reliable person!

jayneal7

If Lloyd was proven talent that we knew was going to throw up 1000 yards a year, and had consistently done so, how the HECK would we get him for 2 mid round picks?

He has a lot of potential upside, and one can certainly argue has more than any rookie we take with those picks and has NFL experience as well.

On the draft note, Gibbs seems to like linemen, so wouldnt surprise me to see him try and add depths by drafting a linemen in the second round, and with an y other picks we have.

im sorry art but ill disagree here. Even WR's that are on bad teams have decent to good numbers (ex. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.).

This guy has never had more than 800 yards receiving in a season or more than 6 TD's.

Even 2 mid rounds picks is too much for a gamble like this.

As compared to Patten's like 200 yards this season and all our "#2" receivers having like 15-20 catches with a 10 yard average...Moss with 1300-1500 yds and Lloyd and Cooley with 600-1000 yards a piece and Portis...this is the type of guy that can automatically make this team as good on offense as defense. Brunell HAS TO look at him, and once it is time for #17, well, he's definately got some targets to throw at doesnt he.

:2cents: Moss + Lloyd > Fitzgerald + Boldin :2cents:

2 thousand plus yard receivers every year would be nice...

So who's going to cover Moss, Loyd, Cooley and Patten? Not to mention play action with Portis coming out of the back field. Lights out!

Can you imagine how sick our offense would be.... WOW.. i get cold chills just thinking about it... Portis would have a huge huge year too.... man... good dreams are on the way tonight.....

We don't even need Lloyd to put up 1200 yard seasons but chances are he could. I believe he would be a good threat opposite Santana.

All we would be asking out of this guy is to shoot par so we can start throwing to players that don't have 89 or 47 on their back.

And for 2 mid rounders? A steal if i do say so myself.

:logo:

Lloyd is there because SF doesn't make the coin Danny does. 2 picks is just about right considering players usually twist their agents' arms to get them to DC.

And did you see the DT from Baltimore on Moondog's web article??? 6'5 350 lbs?! :thud:

Even WR's that are on bad teams have decent to good numbers (ex. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.).

The Cardinals were a major passing force this season. The reason they still sucked was because their running game was literally nonexistent all season (JJ Arrington was a huge flop). It's true great WRs should be able to put up stats no matter what, but typically good WR-QB pairings do boost a player's stats quite a bit. When your quarterback is a rookie by the name of Alex Smith, there's only so much you can do.

I think if we do get Lloyd, we have to trust that the coaches have done their homework and know what they are getting. I'm sure not many skins fans would have believed that Moss would have the impact that he did especially since he was basically playing by himself.

I've stated this multiple times in multiple threads....I watched 8 49ers games this year because I live in the land of the 'miner'. Lloyd is young, has exceptional deep speed, and his ability as an acrobat is well documented. You put him next to Moss and you'll have a marvin harrison / reggie wayne type of tandem in Washington. Yeah, he's ****y, has a little bit of an attitude, but he's also young and there is NO LEADER on the 49ers. No one to pull the team together from a player personel standpoint. He'd be going to a team with a Hall of Fame coach, an established veteran QB, a lights out RB, Pro Bowl WR, and an offensive coordinator who has proven to be one of the very best in the league. IMO this guy will come in....get 'coached up'....and become a Pro Bowl WR in the next 2 years.

I know people have been saying crap like, 'The guy catches balls better with one hand then two'. Well.....if he's athletically capable of pulling in some of the catches we've all seen on sportscenter, then he sure as hell has the ability to continue developing into a sure 'two-handed' WR :)

Lloyd is there because SF doesn't make the coin Danny does. 2 picks is just about right considering players usually twist their agents' arms to get them to DC.

And did you see the DT from Baltimore on Moondog's web article??? 6'5 350 lbs?! :thud:

He's been eating his Wheaties, I'll give him that. :laugh:

Lloyd is young, has exceptional deep speed, and his ability as an acrobat is well documented. You put him next to Moss and you'll have a marvin harrison / reggie wayne type of tandem in Washington. IMO this guy will come in....get 'coached up'....and become a Pro Bowl WR in the next 2 years.

Good post teamcal00. IF the rumor is true, I hope you're right. You can count me among those who classified Lloyd as a bust (could have something to do with the fantasy rags saying every year would be Lloyd's breakout year!).

Hail,

H

I know it's opinion..or a somewhat popular coinage..but I'm tired of folks calling James Thrash, Trash as a moniker or nickname. He may not be the most talented Wideout...but is an excellent special teamer, hustles and busts his butt on every play, and in no way should be likened to trash. A Joe Gibbs kinda player that gives his all plus some.

I've stated this multiple times in multiple threads....I watched 8 49ers games this year because I live in the land of the 'miner'. Lloyd is young, has exceptional deep speed, and his ability as an acrobat is well documented. You put him next to Moss and you'll have a marvin harrison / reggie wayne type of tandem in Washington. Yeah, he's ****y, has a little bit of an attitude, but he's also young and there is NO LEADER on the 49ers. No one to pull the team together from a player personel standpoint. He'd be going to a team with a Hall of Fame coach, an established veteran QB, a lights out RB, Pro Bowl WR, and an offensive coordinator who has proven to be one of the very best in the league. IMO this guy will come in....get 'coached up'....and become a Pro Bowl WR in the next 2 years.

I know people have been saying crap like, 'The guy catches balls better with one hand then two'. Well.....if he's athletically capable of pulling in some of the catches we've all seen on sportscenter, then he sure as hell has the ability to continue developing into a sure 'two-handed' WR :)

Great analysis. The WR pool is at a minimum this year and if we can get that proven commodity for two mid round picks I would be happy. I still would like Randle El because of his multiple threat ability.

I hope for the Redskins sake the Brandon Lloyd rumor is false. What a big time waste. You should be going after Givens. :doh:

I like Givens, but, Lloyd has far better upside. Givens plays with a highly accurate, excellent QB, other dangerous weapons, a good running game and a sound defense and he's only MARGINALLY had more catches and yards than a more raw Lloyd the last two years, playing with a far weaker team. Lloyd is the kind of guy who can emerge into an elite player. Givens isn't. Though, he is very solid.

I rarely post on here...I usually just read when I have the time, but I just saw Kris Jenkins sitting in the lobby of the St. Regis Hotel, next to the White House. My girl and a friend sent me down to the lobby to see who he was. He was sitting with an agent-looking guy and I nheard what sounded like gossiping over NFL players and who they chose as agents. I took a video of the dude w/ my phone as they got up and followed him to the elevator. He was on the phone but I just asked him "who are you?" and he said "Kris Jenkins". I asked him "Are you coming to the Redskins" and then the elevator door shut. He was smiling, though!

Anybody know his status?

I was like, are you coming to the Redskins?

I know it's opinion..or a somewhat popular coinage..but I'm tired of folks calling James Thrash, Trash as a moniker or nickname. He may not be the most talented Wideout...but is an excellent special teamer, hustles and busts his butt on every play, and in no way should be likened to trash. A Joe Gibbs kinda player that gives his all plus some.

I just want to second this and say that I am excited at the prospect of getting Lloyd and would love to see Randle El possibly running a few of those plays that Santana runs. I think he is extremely tough and tough to tackle.

Archived