Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXqY8EZ21-g&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXqY8EZ21-g&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hehehehe all of the announcements of the secret ingredients of iron chef

Thinking of moving to Downtown Richmond, VA, I've absolutely fallen in love with the apartments and houses there. A bunch of lofts that were converted from old warehouses... I'd also like to move to the DMV area, but it just seems way too expensive. I feel that I could be just as happy in Richmond and be able to pay my student loans easier (around $800/month)...

I'm staying in Portland and Kennebunk! Also going to Freeport and BoothBay Harbor on some day trips :D

My aunt works for LLBean....I'm sure you'll stop by the store while in Freeport. I love Freeport, I go twice a year. My aunt lives in Brunswick.

My aunt works for LLBean....I'm sure you'll stop by the store while in Freeport. I love Freeport, I go twice a year. My aunt lives in Brunswick.

Schweet! I've been to that LLBean store before, last time i was there I did the skeet shooting class, it was pretty cool.

Any good restaurant suggestions around that way?

Schweet! I've been to that LLBean store before, last time i was there I did the skeet shooting class, it was pretty cool.

Any good restaurant suggestions around that way?

let's see....usually we eat Chinese when we're in Freeport. There's this great place called China Rose on Main St. I think half of it is a sushi place. Delicious.

I've also been to Jameson Tavern. It's a really nice place with a lot of history. I've only done lunch there, and I only ate a burger, so I can't recommend what to eat. It's on the same side of the street as LL Bean, maybe a block or so down. Easy to spot.

While you're up there, get a whoopie pie from Wicked Whoopies. My favorite dessert EVERRRRRRR.

I love Portland. I've eaten there before, but don't remember restaurant names.

If you're driving up from Boston to Kennebunk and want to stop for lunch, stop at Portsmouth Brewery. It's in New Hampshire right before Maine, right off 95.

Also, don't forget to buy tax free liquor at the liquor store off exit 6 on 95 in New Hampshire.

let's see....usually we eat Chinese when we're in Freeport. There's this great place called China Rose on Main St. I think half of it is a sushi place. Delicious.

I've also been to Jameson Tavern. It's a really nice place with a lot of history. I've only done lunch there, and I only ate a burger, so I can't recommend what to eat. It's on the same side of the street as LL Bean, maybe a block or so down. Easy to spot.

While you're up there, get a whoopie pie from Wicked Whoopies. My favorite dessert EVERRRRRRR.

I love Portland. I've eaten there before, but don't remember restaurant names.

If you're driving up from Boston to Kennebunk and want to stop for lunch, stop at Portsmouth Brewery. It's in New Hampshire right before Maine, right off 95.

Also, don't forget to buy tax free liquor at the liquor store off exit 6 on 95 in New Hampshire.

Hell yes, I love the whoopie pies! Thanks for all this! :cheers:

Apparently my first weekend of orientation for my grad program is at a resort in the Florida Keys. Which is nice, as long as I don't have to pay for much of it.

Dude, WTH grad school are you going to?

My orientation was the day before classes. They had just run the sprinkler on the lawn where our orientation/picnic was held. My stupid high heels sunk in to the lawn and one broke. I left orientation after our first bird flu group exercise. I spent the first week of school asking our IT and fin. aid departments questions that had already been answered in the afternoon session of orientation. Had I stayed. :ols:

Dude, WTH grad school are you going to?

My orientation was the day before classes. They had just run the sprinkler on the lawn where our orientation/picnic was held. My stupid high heels sunk in to the lawn and one broke. I left orientation after our first bird flu group exercise. I spent the first week of school asking our IT and fin. aid departments questions that had already been answered in the afternoon session of orientation. Had I stayed. :ols:

Haha- it's an MBA program in Miami, so the Keys are only like an hour away. I thought it would be like a generic ropes course kind of thing or something similar to build group camaraderie, but then I found out it's this resort about halfway down the Keys. Which like I said, sounds nice, if not a little over the top, but only if I don't have to pay for much of it on top of the insane loan I'm taking out for the program.

If that's the case, then I'll skip out like you did and spend catch up time with student financial services.

Haha- it's an MBA program in Miami, so the Keys are only like an hour away. I thought it would be like a generic ropes course kind of thing or something similar to build group camaraderie, but then I found out it's this resort about halfway down the Keys. Which like I said, sounds nice, if not a little over the top, but only if I don't have to pay for much of it on top of the insane loan I'm taking out for the program.

If that's the case, then I'll skip out like you did and spend catch up time with student financial services.

Is it UM? My Dad (FSU grad) still has his UM law school degree rolled up in a rubberband on the floor of his closet with his shoes haha.

Is it UM? My Dad (FSU grad) still has his UM law school degree rolled up in a rubberband on the floor of his closet with his shoes haha.

Nah, Florida International University. I could never in a million years afford UM. FIU's full-time program is going to cost me a lot in loans, but I'd be paying off my loans to UM for the rest of my life.

Archived