Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Observations about ACW:

1. Doesn't know how to clean his own place

2. Can't set up a Wii.

3. Can't figure out how to adjust a wrist strap for aforementioned Wii.

Anything I miss?

Sucks at providing feedback to his crew chief so he can improve the handling of his car during a Cup race?

Oh wait.

:pfft:

Sucks at providing feedback to his crew chief so he can improve the handling of his car during a Cup race?

Oh wait.

:pfft:

Ok, that's DEFINITELY Dale Earnhardt Jr. you're talking about right there!

Speaking of which. Did you happen to catch Shaq Vs tonite? Shaq was racing Dale Jr. Junior actually found someone he could beat.:D

Btw, the show is pretty horrible. It can't get good ratings.

Ok, that's DEFINITELY Dale Earnhardt Jr. you're talking about right there!

Speaking of which. Did you happen to catch Shaq Vs tonite? Shaq was racing Dale Jr. Junior actually found someone he could beat.:D

Btw, the show is pretty horrible. It can't get good ratings.

Nah, I actually meant to watch it, but I forgot it was on.

What kind of cars did they race?

OK, so the jerseys that some people have in their signatures, where do you get those?

You can buy them from the NFL Shop or Redskins store... The come on an awesome flash drive that you download onto your computer... They're only like $49.99 each...

Nah, I actually meant to watch it, but I forgot it was on.

What kind of cars did they race?

They looked similar to a Nationwide car. Probably a year or two old or so, I would guess. It was very cheesy. They had two races: The first one consisted of 5 laps. They started side-by-side. But Shaq was a lap up on him from the get go. Of course Junior passes him coming off the (probably staged) final corner. And in the second race, they went 10 laps. But Junior had to make two 4-tire pit stops. Junior would get almost a lap ahead of him. Then he would swoop down pit road. And then would make up a half lap or so on him to win the race. Trust me, it was stupid. Shaq did have a couple of funny lines though.:pfft:

There's a little plastic box that the wrist strap goes through. On one side you can see the strap, the other is solid. Flip that solid part up with your thumbnail, slide the little box to wherever you want it, then push that plastic piece back down.

thatswhatshesaid?

Well I hope whatever is going on there gets worked out.

Bad advice from an academic adviser is tough to deal with. I had a few issues with advisers from different departments at FSU that really made me question why these people got into these jobs in the first place if they cared so little about honestly helping students out.

Are you trying to go to a grad program at FIU?

Thanks man.

I was actually "in" my program as I'll be finishing my first graduate class today, now I may not be. The 4+1 program is the Criminal Justice combined BS/MS. Here's what happened:

*After doing some research last year, I became aware of the 4+1 program that the Criminal Justice program offered. I met with Marieva Bastien (my Undergraduate Advisor) following the Fall 2009 semester to discuss the program. I decided that it was something that I wanted to pursue and she told me to wait until after the Spring 2010 semester to apply for it.

*Following the Spring 2010 semester, I scheduled an appointment with Liga Replogle (my Graduate Advisor) to apply for this program. While meeting with her, she raised the fact that the amount of credits I had was on the fringe of those allowed to be admitted in the program. She got it approved within the department for me to apply to the Graduate school.

*Last week I received an email from the Graduate Department stating that my application was incomplete and that I could not be admitted.

*I emailed Liga and spoke with her today regarding this. She had repeated communication with Jackeline Aycardi who told her that I simply could not be admitted into the program because of the amount of credits I currently have.

.....and my department has been going back and forth with Graduate Admissions for the last 3 weeks. In the meantime, I can't register for any of my graduate classes and 2 of the 3 that I wanted to get into have filled up.

It doesn't matter about the day

It's all about the time and I cannot take afternoon classes

Which is why classes were repeatedly scheduled at 8 AM 9 AM or 10 AM...that way I could park the car at 7:25 for premiere VT parking (because I'm not wasting my ****ing time driving around in loops for 10 or 20 minutes waiting for a spot) and browse the internet on laptop until class started. The funny days was when I would park at 7;25 AM with no class until 9 AM or 10. That's when the laptop is useful.

Besides I'm up at 6 AM every morning

Ehhh I'm glad I only have one Friday class...means I can come home on Fridays for the weekend and go to FedEx :)

Parking at VT blows. Big time. But now we've got that lovely new parking garage...sike...**** that **** there's just gonna be way more people with parking passes and it completely ****s up tailgating. Thank God I live right behind the Empo and I can take the bus to class...as for tailgating- we'll figure somethin out...:cheers:

Ugh I went out last night and woke up at 830 this mornin soo parched and completely sandwiched between a 50 lb dog and a 70 lb dog...lovely...

So after being laid off from my firm when the recession started I have been on unemployment for a little over a year trying to find a new job. Well I have given up. I accepted a job to be a full time waiter now. My dreams of a white collar life have erupted in flames.

So after being laid off from my firm when the recession started I have been on unemployment for a little over a year trying to find a new job. Well I have given up. I accepted a job to be a full time waiter now. My dreams of a white collar life have erupted in flames.

Waiters make good money if you work at an expensive restaurant...dont feel bad, just tell yourself its only temporary and work your hardest for that short period of time...who knows, maybe youll make a connection while working there that will open up a new door to you.

I have learned that it is harder to train someone for a certain job than it is to be the trainee. I just know I'm leaving something important out.

I was in charge of training at my last job, rp, and even though I WROTE the training program, and administered it, I felt the same way.

It was an incredibly complex position too. One of those deals where you had to be there for about 2 years before you felt fully comfortable with the job. And even then, you'd have unique situations pop up every once in a while.

I liked it though. A mental challenge is one of those things I really enjoy in a job.

I was in charge of training at my last job, rp, and even though I WROTE the training program, and administered it, I felt the same way.

It was an incredibly complex position too. One of those deals where you had to be there for about 2 years before you felt fully comfortable with the job. And even then, you'd have unique situations pop up every once in a while.

I liked it though. A mental challenge is one of those things I really enjoy in a job.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I've never had to train anyone before, so that may be partly it from my end, and why I find it difficult. And I've even substituted in a few classes before. At least then I had some plans to follow. lol

I am finishing up a stint working in the college guidance office at my old high school. But this is my last week so I've had to train the new girl before she takes over next week. She makes it easier than it could be though because she learns quickly and takes very good notes. Most of what I'm working with is student records on the computer. But as much as I show her, there's always more to it than I'll explain.

This isn't a bad thing. Being a waiter has huge upside--like a lot of women, mostly in good moods.

Your social life will increase big time too. I would be excited about it.

Archived