Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Scary stuff for sure, BLTO. Sorry you had to experience that. It's definitely frightening as all get out.

But let this be a lesson to anyone else who might encounter this situation. Do not put anything into the mouth of a person who is convulsing. You'll likely end up doing more harm than good. (Not trying to bad-mouth the guy who did so, just a heads up.)

Need some humor...

Perhaps you can share my little quip on the phone the other night. It's up to you.

Oh yeah....:ols:

I'm sitting on the porch talking to BB the other night, and the dog across the street is barking like a maniac.

He says, "Hey, by the way. Is that your ex-wife I hear in the background?"

I said, "No, that's a different *****."

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

I had a few seizures when I was a little kid, about 7 or 8 years old. It was some kind of youth epilepsy that takes place when your brain is just going through a key developmental phase, usually around the age I had it. Then once you turn a certain age, for me it was about 10 years old, they completely go away. Of course, that's the extremely unscientific version of it, but it's the basics.

I only remember a couple of them, and let me tell you, seizures ain't fun. I don't remember feeling scared so much as weirded out. It's like you're trapped in your body while it's convulsing and you can't do anything to stop it except look around. And I never bit my tongue fortunately, but I would make this involuntary loud noise, kind of like the girl from the movie "The Grudge."

Actually though, I'd say the worst part of it was having to take this medicine, it was a capsule full of little while dots that my doctor called "sprinkles," and you basically put it on food to consume it, but it tasted absolutely horrible. I could put it on ice cream and it still tasted like total crap. It essentially ruined breakfast and dinner for me for about 2 years.

Oh yeah....:ols:

I'm sitting on the porch talking to BB the other night, and the dog across the street is barking like a maniac.

He says, "Hey, by the way. Is that your ex-wife I hear in the background?"

I said, "No, that's a different *****."

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

:1stplace:

Here's a random thought:

Why do I have to get additional Comcast DVRs to have Any Room DVR. Isn't the hold point of having Any Room DVR is to be able to watch DVR in Any Room?????? :whoknows:

Technically,it's not choking on the tongue. Tongue can swell and/or tighten up and possibly obstruct the airway during a seizure. What can cause choking is any vomit,saliva,or blood that may occur and can't get pass the tongue. OR IN THIS CASE,trying to place something in the mouth. Do not do this as whatever is being used can get lodged in the airway. Better to let the person bite their tongue than do that. Placing a person on their side and pointing the face downward is the best thing to do while riding out the seizure I believe.
THAT makes sense. Yeesh, that's a HORRIBLE way to go.

Does anyone know why Toe Jam suddenly moved to Sandusky, Ohio?

Judging by his Facebook it's to start anew.

I'm going to Chicago by myself for a week in October for vacation and am wondering what's the best way to make a friend there to show me the town. I'm good at meeting people in person, but would like to find someone in advance. Is there a safe avenue on the internet? I'm not looking for a paid service either :silly:

Thank goodness that Lebron saga is over.

Not much stimulating in the World of Sports after the WC Final this weekend...soon football will be here! 2 more months! (1 if you include preseason football which I love)

RP are you keeping an eye on Massaqoui ;)

So I was thinking about first impressions, in general. And how many people you come into contact with and say to yourself, immediately "whoa. this person is ****ed up"

I'm gonna start making a list of traits, physical or otherwise, that lead you to think this.

First on the list? Fanny Pack.

I only have eyes for Matthew Stafford. :cloud9: :dance:

Massequoi went to Georgia too

Georgia and QB whats his name should be interesting

Stafford as long as he can stay healthy should do fine but will finish last in NFC Central

How do you think Cowboys will do, will they win NFC East? I'm interested to see if Miles Austin will resume being a breakout star or not...he never really did anything prior to last season lol. I hope he fails ;)

Massequoi went to Georgia too

Georgia and QB whats his name should be interesting

Stafford as long as he can stay healthy should do fine but will finish last in NFC Central

There's an NFC Central?? :ols:

Lions Super Bowl XLV Champs right here in Texas. Get ready.

How do you think Cowboys will do, will they win NFC East? I'm interested to see if Miles Austin will resume being a breakout star or not...he never really did anything prior to last season lol. I hope he fails ;)

Cowboys will win the NFCE but ultimately get knocked out of the playoffs by the Staffords.

Archived