Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Got the cast off my leg today - fully healed now. Well, not 100%, but it sure feels like it. Got my privacy back. I can type from my desktop once again. Freedom. The accident is beginning to feel like a distant memory.

Now, about this heat...

Ugh. 104 where I live. More of the same tomorrow. You idiots in DC need to stop with the hot air rhetoric! :D

Mom and I with our newly shaved domes.

Her hair started falling out yesterday, and she decided it was time to take it off. After a nice dinner with the family, we took her out in the backyard, plopped her in a chair, and started shaving. I got to take the first swipe, right off the top. Then my brother took the chunk over the left ear off, and my dad took off the spot over the right. For a while, she looked like "Hawk" from the Road Warriors. :ols:

I laugh, because Mom laughed the whole time. She is the most phenomenally strong human being I have ever known. She's held her (now bald) head high the entire time she's battled her cancer, and the side-effects of the chemo. She's broken down a few times, but she cries -- literally -- for about 2 minutes, then goes back to kicking ass and taking names. I tear up when I try to put into words how immensely proud of her I am.

I kept my word to her that when her hair started falling out, mine was going too. And my brother, God bless him, even shaved his. He's an aspiring actor, so appearance is very important to him. To shave his head was quite a gesture on his part, and one for which I respect him greatly.

All in all mom is doing well. Her attitude, no doubt, making a huge difference. This is now my all-time favorite picture of us:

100_2716-1.jpg

Thanks for indulging me, yet again. Carry on. :)

She looks like your sister - young looking. Soon, the pain and suffering will go away and she will be around to kick your bottom side for many, many years. :D

Keep the faith.

Always man, always.

And I'll be sure to tell her how young the new haircut makes her look. ;)

Nice look HH, you sorta have a Ron Perlman/Chris Farley thing going on in that picture. :movefast:

Best wishes to your mom.

429149625_1770013357_ron-perlman.jpg

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

I hadn't heard that one before. Farley/Drew Carey, yeah, but you owe me a new computer now for the drink spittage. :ols:

Maybe... HH just looks old. :cheers:

Cool story HH, and props to you and your brother for being so supportive. Perhaps, I will join you in your quest.

Glad to hear she is still fighting the good fight.

HH feels old, I can tell you that much. :ols:

And man, the fact that you'd even think about joining the Cue-Ball Brigade is awesome. Whether you do it or not, I sincerely appreciate the thought!

HH feels old, I can tell you that much. :ols:

And man, the fact that you'd even think about joining the Cue-Ball Brigade is awesome. Whether you do it or not, I sincerely appreciate the thought!

I am just a little older then you, but I feel 25 most days. Your mind will allow you to be old or young, it's up to you...until your body starts to break down.

I have done it before, and go back and forth because keeping it shaved is a pain, just like facial shaving. I am in the middle of growing it wild and crazy for my Halloween Vegas trip, but I could always just rock a wig.

If I do it I will indeed send you a pic. :point2sky

I'll wait a few days before I tell her, but I think Mom has a hint of "unmasked Darth Vader" going on. :ols:

(I'll save y'all a seat in hell if I get there first.) :pfft:

You are definitely saving us seats for that comment. Funny, but oh so wrong.

And unmasked Vader almost looks grayish-greenish. Your Mom doesn't.

You are definitely saving us seats for that comment. Funny, but oh so wrong.

And unmasked Vader almost looks grayish-greenish. Your Mom doesn't.

I'd never say it if I didn't know for certain that she'd laugh herself. :)

But it's OK. I was headed there anyway. :pfft:

I have no words

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYV5nM6iQVY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYV5nM6iQVY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd never say it if I didn't know for certain that she'd laugh herself. :)

But it's OK. I was headed there anyway. :pfft:

I figured, I was just messing with ya.

Cool, I will make the drinks, and you will make the jail wine. Sounds like fun.

I don't know the recipe for the jail juice. You might be able to make some moonshine though.

Hmm... I know a guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy if you can't make shine though.

:ols:

I'll ask my late grandfather to reveal his shine recipe to me in a dream tonight.

That's one of the fun parts of family lore. He and his father had a huge, intricate still in their basement during prohibition. It had a hidden steel door to get to it and everything. The cops were there a number of times, but never found it. Funny, considering it encompassed the ENTIRE basement. :ols:

That's awesome.

I hear Jr. Johnson shine was the best.

Seriously I think you can look up a recipe (wish I save the site) that has an apple pie shine...Incredible. Smooth and strong. Slow down when drinking it.

Good advice.

I went to the academy with a kid from McDowell County in Southern, WV. He brought a trunkfull of shine the night before we graduated. I opened one of the jars, took a sniff, and woke up six days later. :ols:

Also, I was talking to Burgundy Burner a couple of weeks ago. He said they were having trouble building the still for the Junior Johnson exhibit in the HOF. So guess who they called? Yep. Junior Johnson. Apparently he went in and built them one from scratch, just like he used. How fricken cool is that? :)

Archived