Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

jeez

benning's been banned

a hopefully useful reminder of a rule that's been here for many years

From rule 18 (at the end)

Members should use the Feedback Forum for any general comments you may have regarding board management on any matter. Do not engage in "hijacking" a thread by commenting on such matters in off-topic fashion within a thread.

It is also suggested that if a moderator's action doesn't directly involve you, then it's best to consider it none of your business. Normally, we will not discuss matters involving moderator actions on one member with some other member just because they ask, or have an opinion on the matter.

Moderators may, however, make such material available in a thread if they so choose, or may solicit such feedback in a thread, if they determine it appropriate.

now the excerpt above means you still can ask about a member's status in the feedback forum.....it's normal to wonder what might have happened to a member you're used to seeing and then you hear they're gone, but once you find out there's been a mod action that should pretty much be the end of it as far as talking about it in some unrelated thread*.......additionally, even if you had some objection to the matter you're free to post it in that proper forum though we may or may not not discuss the matter in detail in any response to any query/comment---it will depend on the specifics

*of course you can always use pms for a discussion about it with whoever you like if ya don't wanna use the proper forum

13 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Not to be insensitive, Mary. But I thought people in the restaurant biz didn't get affected by "the mondays". Most restaurant biz people I know, Mondays are their days off?

True, I have the day off because I dictate my schedule, but other challenges have arrived...a funeral on my husband's side. 

11 hours ago, clietas said:

My uncle had a "me wall". I've always thought they're funny. Douche walls imo.

my very catholic mom had an extra bedroom in her last few dwellings that seemed in tribute to herself---just weird how much stuff about her specific works she found to put in it, esp. since she really didn't overtly act "conceited" or "arrogant" as any normal part of her personality. she used to have it dedicated to all the kennedys, mlk, jesus, and certain popes/saints etc.

then what seemed more like a self-glorifying-room manifested in her 60's

the room lost much--not all---of its previous content (must have been interesting decision to make and i wonder where that stuff went) and became much more about her various volunteer works and any recognition she received for it ----i.e. various small town articles from the region she lived and retirement/community/church groups homemade awards, plaques, banners, ribbons, etc---all about helping others and all featuring her role

it came off to em (and apparently everyone else) at the time as very prideful (and i do know there were things about herself she was quietly but very deeply proud of "about herself" but i never discussed any of this with her 

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

why do people still use this flawed map of the world:

191115144959-immigrant-food-photo-booth.191115144959-immigrant-food-photo-booth.

why not based on proportion?

People are used to the Mercator projection because it's simple.  It takes the sphere and makes it into a cylinder which can then be flattened out into a rectangle that's easy to recognize.  Perhaps the most accurate map projection of the earth is the Authagraph, but although it's more accurate people find it more confusing:

authagraph.jpg

Archived