Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

TIL that a new Lincoln Navigator costs....NINETYFIVETHOUSANDDOLLARS.

That joint is vicious af, but $100K bro...nah.

That new Kia Telluride is low-key sexy...

Wife is stuck on the Volvo XC90...

Sold my camper, I feel lighter. Lower insurance and no storage, costs.  Life is so different than imagined moving to Texas.  

Also, not coming back to VA for my 50th HS reunion. Too big of an expense for a weekend, can use the money for fun activities with my daughter and granddaughter. Very happy with my decisions.

40 minutes ago, Chew said:

That joint is vicious af, but $100K bro...nah.

That new Kia Telluride is low-key sexy...

Wife is stuck on the Volvo XC90...

Volvo is making some really nice stuff these days.  Almost leased one in 2017...but the deal on the Lincoln was too good, plus “twin turbo”.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What was the cut and how was it prepared?  

Concussively sized porterhouses. It was a coworker of my dads.

He mentioned a soy base marinate. Never thought of using soy on a steak, but goddamn. Shouldve asked what kind. He also mentioned a hint of lemon, then let them sit in plastic bags. Beyond that, it was fundamental stuff that I already do, like oil, garlic, butter, etc.

The soy/lemon was the secret weapon though.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Concussively sized porterhouses. It was a coworker of my dads.

He mentioned a soy base marinate. Never thought of using soy on a steak, but goddamn. Shouldve asked what kind. He also mentioned a hint of lemon, then let them sit in plastic bags. Beyond that, it was fundamental stuff that I already do, like oil, garlic, butter, etc.

The soy/lemon was the secret weapon though.

Image result for hell yeah animated gif

Sounds interesting, I've never thought about soy/lemon on a steak either.  Time to do some research.

Yeah, my wife hipped me to the soy base marinade for steaks.  Had never heard of before. 

Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, lava salt, Cowboy rub, chili powder,  smoked paprika, Flat Irons Prime Rib Rub, Steak Grilling powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder.  

Image result for guuuurl gif

9 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yeah, my wife hipped me to the soy base marinade for steaks.  Had never heard of before. 

Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, lava salt, Cowboy rub, chili powder,  smoked paprika, Flat Irons Prime Rib Rub, Steak Grilling powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder.  

So you combine three different rubs along with all the other stuff?  

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Personally I'd leave the marinade to the poorer cuts of steak. A good ribeye or whatever shouldn't need much more than a little seasoning.

I will admit that some of the best steaks we have made (or eaten) only used salt and pepper.  But I like to get creative too.  I'd probably test it out first with steak kabobs since we already marinate those anyhow.  

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Personally I'd leave the marinade to the poorer cuts of steak. A good ribeye or whatever shouldn't need much more than a little seasoning.

True, but just a bit more creativity can lead to an unexpected explosion of flavor, while still holding onto that natural, downhome flavor as well.

Archived