Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 hours ago, DaGoonie55 said:

I work 2-10 pm. I’m usually on pwning noobs on some sort of shooter.  

My my best game in destiny so far was 34 kills. 6.something k/d.  I really like it.

I have battlefield 1 and diablo 3.  

Ill catch up in here (from mar 27) and post more often.

RTT4L 

Good to hear from you buddy. Glad to see all is well. Congrats on the championship too. 

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Sometimes I think I'm an alien trapped in a human body, maybe if I lived on some other planet I'd do better with those sexy females.

Are you sure you're NOT an alien, just wearing some kind of human suit?  Like, an Edgar suit?

e7440bc0-c887-4f10-92e3-2d21219af6eb.gif

Yeah, I've got a ****ing debit card without a chip on it.  I don't think it warrants mentioning by oh, I don't know, almost EVERYWHERE I go and swipe it.  

"Oh, you don't have a chip?"

No, ****o, I don't have a chip.  I'm not sure how I'm getting by with my old ass debit card without a chip that still somehow pays for everything JUST AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WITH A CHIP.  

Last week I'm going through a drive through and the guy is like "TWO CARS IN A ROW WITHOUT A CHIP!!!" and laughing like he's seen the funniest **** ever.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I've got a ****ing debit card without a chip on it.  I don't think it warrants mentioning by oh, I don't know, almost EVERYWHERE I go and swipe it. 

We both fought them.  Didn't activate till the exact second the others went "extinct".  The gas station where I buy cigarettes doesn't have a chip reader on either of their card-swipers (a primarily Latino place)...we didn't even bother to renew the Sam's credit cards, can pay CASH. 

As a server/bartender, I'm all about cash.  Nothing says "I've got money" ...like...MONEY.  :D

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, ****o, I don't have a chip.  I'm not sure how I'm getting by with my old ass debit card without a chip that still somehow pays for everything JUST AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WITH A CHIP.  

Last week I'm going through a drive through and the guy is like "TWO CARS IN A ROW WITHOUT A CHIP!!!" and laughing like he's seen the funniest **** ever.  

Basically you and he other guy rolled up to the drive-thru in a horse and buggy.

But seriously, Amish people are laughing at you.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

We both fought them.  Didn't activate till the exact second the others went "extinct".  The gas station where I buy cigarettes doesn't have a chip reader on either of their card-swipers (a primarily Latino place)...we didn't even bother to renew the Sam's credit cards, can pay CASH. 

As a server/bartender, I'm all about cash.  Nothing says "I've got money" ...like...MONEY.  :D

Mine expires in February '18.  I don't see a reason to rush out and get one when one's gonna get mailed to me then.  

Just now, Elessar78 said:

Basically you and he other guy rolled up to the drive-thru in a horse and buggy.

I could roll up in the horse and buggy but as long as I had a chip he probably wouldn't have said anything.  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Our's got upgraded to the chip a while back, hate it.  Only a handful of places we go make you use it and it takes a lot longer.  Actually annoys me when I'm in a rush.

The chip is a scam. Added security ? Nope. 

I lose my card and the person takes it wherever and uses it before I know it is lost. 

They don't even have to sign for it, put in a pin, Nothing. 

It's merely a way to track where you are shopping. It is a Google ad that shows me that I looked up a T-shirt that I already purchased. 

Might as well be an old school popup ad. 

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Our's got upgraded to the chip a while back, hate it.  Only a handful of places we go make you use it and it takes a lot longer.  Actually annoys me when I'm in a rush.

FFS, Y'ALL...CASH. 

First of all, it can't be tracked.  And second, it can't be tracked. 

Look...I only got a checking account in 1996 to buy my old house...never used another check.  Money orders for everything.  Feds knew my bills got paid, but couldn't account for where the **** I spent the rest of it.  It's called "life off the grid".  (Unless you like everyone that can hack anything knowing where you spent everything.)  Think about it. 

And on that note, our pharmacist commented that hubby is "old fashioned" because he wrote a check out (he pre-writes the place and date, because he knows where he's going ahead of time to spare the time of folks in line behind him, he also turns UPC codes toward the cashier so they can be zinged as quickly as possible...(my genius dude :D).  If you're going to take some time, spare some. 

I've gotten super sensitive to older folks, especially older men shopping by themselves...I figure their partner isn't with them for some awful reason, whether they passed on or can't get out.  They can take all day, and I'll help them if they need/want me to.   They made sure I'm free to write this. 

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

FFS, Y'ALL...CASH. 

First of all, it can't be tracked.  And second, it can't be tracked. 

Look...I only got a checking account in 1996 to buy my old house...never used another check.  Money orders for everything.  Feds knew my bills got paid, but couldn't account for where the **** I spent the rest of it.  It's called "life off the grid".  (Unless you like everyone that can hack anything knowing where you spent everything.)  Think about it. 

Know who lived life off the grid, too?

TedKaczynskiAP_2228681b.jpg

Oh, I'll use my debit card at the nail salon...things I don't mind being known...at a grocery store, dollar store, etc. 

No liquor stores.  Certain habits require better discretion.  :D  But my earnings are cash, and usually gone before I get home from work.  He pays bills, I can usually get the rest.  Easy peasy.

Archived