Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I buy all kinds of stuff at BJ's. 

Main savings are things you use all the time. 

Deodorant, TP, paper towels, toothpaste, etc. 

Then you add on the gas station savings. I go every two weeks or so for gas that is cheaper. 

Hell, I bought one of my TV's there. 

Used to have a Sam's Club membership. It wasn't an issue of cost, but logistics. 

Our lives: we go to a grocery store to buy food and what not, go to a farm market to buy local fresh veggies and what not, go to Sam's Club to buy bulk stuff, there's usually one more oddball stop.

The main difficulty was that we had toddlers/babies/little kids for most of the past 7 years. Getting them in and out of car seats and managing them in stores was too much to have to go to 3 different places. We just needed to be in one store and be done. So it's more out of convenience that we stopped going to Sam's Club. 

contemplating re-starting my membership because things have settled down a bit. Although, I keep a good handle on our budget and Sam's Club was always a budget buster because you could easily go in there and spend $200 for "stuff we need". 

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

I go to Costco, bulk items. I have a Foodsaver too and use it. Also for gas. I buy jeans there, only $15 a pair. 

Costco FTW :headbang:

My wife has mostly eliminated trips to the grocery store.  She orders all our toiletries stuff from amazon in bulk, orders all our perishables and groceries from Door to Door Organics and Thrive Market.  She orders about half of our meals from Green Chef.  We go to Costco once every three months or so and the grocery store maybe once every two months.

10 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Costco FTW :headbang:

My wife has mostly eliminated trips to the grocery store.  She orders all our toiletries stuff from amazon in bulk, orders all our perishables and groceries from Door to Door Organics and Thrive Market.  She orders about half of our meals from Green Chef.  We go to Costco once every three months or so and the grocery store maybe once every two months.

Winning at life.

Now just boss that owing-tax/witholding and you know what Augustus Caesar felt like.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Used to have a Sam's Club membership. It wasn't an issue of cost, but logistics. 

Our lives: we go to a grocery store to buy food and what not, go to a farm market to buy local fresh veggies and what not, go to Sam's Club to buy bulk stuff, there's usually one more oddball stop.

The main difficulty was that we had toddlers/babies/little kids for most of the past 7 years. Getting them in and out of car seats and managing them in stores was too much to have to go to 3 different places. We just needed to be in one store and be done. So it's more out of convenience that we stopped going to Sam's Club. 

contemplating re-starting my membership because things have settled down a bit. Although, I keep a good handle on our budget and Sam's Club was always a budget buster because you could easily go in there and spend $200 for "stuff we need". 

One parent go out shopping and the other stay home with the kids?  

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Been a year since I've been working at chipotle. The tuition reimbursement finally kicks in. I get 5.250k back. It's the only reason I still work there. 

I am. What you going to do about it? 

If you're gonna go three decimal places, couldn't you have just expressed that in dollars?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wizards win, Caps lose?  If I have to pick which one to watch tonight, I'm picking Wizards and see if Caps go to overtime again.

I think the Caps fanbase collective subconscious has taken on a Silent Hill-ian life of its own, and will devour your beloved hockey team

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think the Caps fanbase collective subconscious has taken on a Silent Hill-ian life of its own, and will devour your beloved hockey team

They already mental midgets as Warhead would put it, they don't need our help cannibalize themselves.  Taking out the looking glass on that thread, I believe it when they say this team could get nuked from orbit if they don't get it done this time.   I'm not sure I'm ready to start from scratch, Ovi is 31, is that old for hockey?

Archived