Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Yeah, I'm not a big Kid Rock fan. I thought Devil Without a Cause was a decent album when it came out. Other than that, and maybe a select couple songs from the one after it, just not my thing. Went a little too far into the radio country realm for my taste. I like him doing that for his fans though. Pretty awesome move in a world where Live Nation is underpaying and mistreating their stage crews and charging outrageous prices for nosebleed seats at arena shows. Buddy of mine went to get tickets to Mumford and Sons in NC and the cheapest seat was over $300. C'mon now. I'm big on arists getting their money. But that's just insane.

I like the TNF uniforms..

Really?  I was wondering who thought it would be a good idea to have full body bright yellow and bright orange on the field at the same time.  Hurt my eyes.   Enough with the 50 different uniforms for each team.  It's just a marketing gimmick so they can sell more.

I like to be able to recognize who's playing when I turn on the game.

so much respect for that.  Never been a huge fan of his music (though i do like quite a few of his songs), he strikes me as an awfully humble guy who truly appreciates his fans.  And he reps his city so hard.  I dig that.

Extremely down to earth guy.  Years ago, when he was touring in Charlotte, after the show, he went into one of the local bars (RJ Gators) down the road from UNC-Charlotte university and hung out.  

It was the one night my wife didn't want to go there, even though it was our watering hole since college, our Cheers.  I still haven't forgiven her for that yet.  

Anyhow, the next week when we were in there, one of the bartenders busted out pictures of him and his hoes that came in with him.  Told us that he asked the local musician who was playing there that night if he could play for them and ended up jamming playing a bunch of his songs, drinking beer, just talking and having fun with the locals.  

I've heard he does stuff like that all the time, never lets the money get to his head.  Even when he was more popular, right after he blew up, one former work client (from Detroit) of mine said she would run into him several times at the local hole in the wall bar he always went to when he was trying to make it.  Just a simple man.

I honestly don't have a problem with livenation/TM. It's the stub hubs of the internets that need to go. Kid Rock can cap his tix at $20 but that doesn't fix the problem. Brokers will buy up the shows/seats in demand and resell them at inflated prices. Leaving the band/artist, crew, venue, fans, ect SOL.

Someone I know made 3000 off selling a few tickets

Again i will say I don't see the appeal

They should be dragged out into the street and shot.

The appeal of scalping tix or Adele?

Yeah, I'm not a big Kid Rock fan. I thought Devil Without a Cause was a decent album when it came out. Other than that, and maybe a select couple songs from the one after it, just not my thing. Went a little too far into the radio country realm for my taste. I like him doing that for his fans though. Pretty awesome move in a world where Live Nation is underpaying and mistreating their stage crews and charging outrageous prices for nosebleed seats at arena shows. Buddy of mine went to get tickets to Mumford and Sons in NC and the cheapest seat was over $300. C'mon now. I'm big on arists getting their money. But that's just insane.

I like Kid Rock.  His first album always makes me laugh cause it's so different.  Grits, Sandwiches for Breakfast.  

Devil was the best, ****y was really good.  Then came the self titled Kid Rock, I gave that away to a friend, it was almost all country music and I didn't care for it back then.  Rock N Roll Jesus, really good imo, gotta love All Summer Long off that album.  

Born Free, Rebel Soul and the new one I haven't listened to much at all, except the popular songs, but are laid back and good.  Definitely rock/country/bluegrass mix and I don't see him changing back to rap/hip-hop/metal/rock ever again.

Just a simple man.

Cue the Lynyrd.  

I love hearing stories like that.  Watching interviews of his when he was still really popular, he always came across as a modest guy. The kind of celebrity that would stop and talk to you.  That's cool that he can just hang out with locals wherever he's playing that night.  

That's that Kirk Cousins kind of humble.  We like that.

Cue the Lynyrd.  

I love hearing stories like that.  Watching interviews of his when he was still really popular, he always came across as a modest guy. The kind of celebrity that would stop and talk to you.  That's cool that he can just hang out with locals wherever he's playing that night.  

That's that Kirk Cousins kind of humble.  We like that.

And on top of it all, what musician that just played and sang, performed for 3 hours leaves, goes to a local watering hole and gives a free mini-concert at the bar to the locals?  

Especially ones as famous as he is.  He could go anywhere and party.  He goes to a local bar near the college and hangs out and has fun.  

Redskins marketing email just received.

Super Bowl XXVI - Rematch Replay
We beat the Buffalo Bills at Super Bowl XXVI in Minneapolis, now let's repeat the win. 

This is for the 6-7 Redskins against the 6-7 Bills. Not quite the same.

Still a big game for us though.  And if Dallas gets beat, they are eliminated and we don't have to hear any more ****ing playoff talk for them.

Think I may have run in to a Star Wars VII spoiler while reading through a comments section on FB that was totally unrelated to Star Wars. Only read the first part of the first sentence, but it was a bombshell. Hope it's a bull**** spoiler, not because I don't want said-event to happen in the saga, but because I'll be pissed that it was spoiled for me.

Tf is wrong with people? Get off on that sort of thing? Gotta be the type of person who only leaves their place to stock up on Mountain Dew and Doritos for the entire week. Sits there with trash all around their computer console, sweaty for no reason, skin so pimply that they look like the inside of a pomegranate. Waste of space mother****ers.

Alright I feel better. Gotta see the movie soon so I can use the internet freely again.

Redskins marketing email just received.

Super Bowl XXVI - Rematch Replay
We beat the Buffalo Bills at Super Bowl XXVI in Minneapolis, now let's repeat the win. 

This is for the 6-7 Redskins against the 6-7 Bills. Not quite the same.

Funny, one of the guys I coach with is Mark Kelso's brother in law. 

Think I may have run in to a Star Wars VII spoiler while reading through a comments section on FB that was totally unrelated to Star Wars. Only read the first part of the first sentence, but it was a bombshell. Hope it's a bull**** spoiler, not because I don't want said-event to happen in the saga, but because I'll be pissed that it was spoiled for me.

Tf is wrong with people? 

To be fair, finding out that Luke is stuck on his favorite sled named Rosebud while trapped in a snow globe (that an autistic kid is looking at) of a beach with the Statue of Liberty in is isn't much a spoiler. We all figured that out.

To be fair, finding out that Luke is stuck on his favorite sled named Rosebud while trapped in a snow globe (that an autistic kid is looking at) of a beach with the Statue of Liberty in is isn't much a spoiler. We all figured that out.

TEG, the odds of that happening are approximately three thousand seven hundred and twenty to one.

are people riding around movie theaters by the lines of people waiting for star wars shouting out spoilers like they did with harry potter?

because that was hilarious

(hilarious in the sense that i'd be super pissed if i cared about harry potter too, or in this case, star wars, which I do I just wont see it for quite a while)

Archived