Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1st day at the new job. 10 hour shift. Not usually like that but the training was thorough with my supervisor leaving for 2 weeks on Friday. Gotta get me up to speed fast. A lot to absorb. My feet are a little sore, I'm in a bit of a daze, have the W4, checklists and booklets to read right now.

Got there at 4:45 AM. Earliest I've ever woken up for a job. My lil dogs need some attention in the morning to lower the separation anxiety (for them AND I), so I got up at 3:15 AM.

The biggest mistake I made today was a Cardinal Sin. The **** was I thinkin'? The groomer and I were talking and she was like "I'm 32!" I was like, "REALLY!?" She asked me how old I thought she looked. I said......

"Upper 30s."

Man, she was bummed. My brain was frying at that point in the day. I've never overestimated a girl's age, even if they look like a mummy - I guess some **** like 29 years old. Just to make 'em feel good. Boy, I was in lala land. Too much going through my mind, the button to the truth bomb bay doors practically pushed itself. I mean, she does look like she's 37...

Anyway, place is cool man. We have a tiny type of fox that is halfway domesticated. A few dogs that were ****ed up badly from fighting other dogs (one is missing an ear with the wound still fresh). Had a beagle come in that needed emergency surgery on its spine. Hottie doc fused together two of its vertebrae. Beagle. Screaming loudly any time we moved it after it came out of sedation.

I'm pooped. Beer me.

I'm being serious here. The "over"saturation of the Star Wars music or theme in every other ****ing commercial is really wearing my nerves down. Enough already.

I agree. Now I'm about as big a nerd as anyone else, but I've always found the Star Wars to be overrated. It's not bad science fiction, but no where near as good as it's fanbase believes it is. I've never thought the movies were very good,  the Knights of the Old Republic is the only good game they've ever had, and you won't find me dressing up like a Jedi Knight waiting in line to watch a movie. Nah, I'm good. If any other game was released with as little content as Battlefront provides it would be critically destroyed. But since you can play as Vader the game is amazeballs! Well, at least they haven't created a fictional language like Trekkies. 

I am excited to see this one though, because I do believe this I will be the second or third time I thought a Star Wars product was exceptional quality. Abrams will deliver.

Wife's first baby appointment is tomorrow. I'm excited that it's really real [is it real son, is it really real son

Let me know it's real son, if it's really real]. I've been through this before, but it's still pretty awesome.

I too am getting tired of the Star Wars shtick. It's too much... and I have avoided everything I could. Still psyched to see it at Udvar Hazy on Saturday morning though.

Whoever said that Abrams was the best director out right now is out of their mind. He is good, but he doesn't hold a candle to Christopher Nolan, Quiten Tarrentino, Danny Boyle or some of the others. Loved what Abrams did with Star Trek though, so I'm betting that Star Wars is going to be good.

My only regret is not seeing the old movies over again as a refresher before the new one.

Wife's first baby appointment is tomorrow. I'm excited that it's really real [is it real son, is it really real son

Let me know it's real son, if it's really real]. I've been through this before, but it's still pretty awesome.

Whoever said that Abrams was the best director out right now is out of their mind. He is good, but he doesn't hold a candle to Christopher Nolan, Quiten Tarrentino, Danny Boyle or some of the others. Loved what Abrams did with Star Trek though, so I'm betting that Star Wars is going to be good.

First off, congrats again on the baby. Second off, I was going to say you're wrong in all caps and bold but then I IMDB'd awards and nominations and Abrams doesn't even come close. Despite that, I think he takes more risks with his projects, continues to do movies and TV, and I've enjoyed his stuff more than the others(TBH, I've enjoyed all of their work).  

First off, congrats again on the baby. Second off, I was going to say you're wrong in all caps and bold but then I IMDB'd awards and nominations and Abrams doesn't even come close. Despite that, I think he takes more risks with his projects, continues to do movies and TV, and I've enjoyed his stuff more than the others(TBH, I've enjoyed all of their work).

I really like Abrams myself. I just think the others are better.

What's the view ? Explain please.

so you want to curse more?

No, it's not that I want to curse more, it's just that I'm starting to think exactly what cursing is. Without getting too religious, there's a verse in the Bible that says, "Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them."

That got me thinking, what's "foul and abusive". I think saying "**** you!" is a foul and abusive thing, but You gotta be ****ing kidding me is just a strong way of telling somebody something.

Then you add on the fact that I honestly only considered **** a true curse word because there's really no other use for it. Where as words like ****, ****, ass, etc... all have alternate meanings.

Now, back to the verse and my first point, I just don't think me saying "That's a fast ass car" and "Kiss my ass" is the exact same meaning. One could be considered abusive, the other is just, a strong, but praticually harmless expression.

I still wouldn't curse in front of children, and would be respectful of those who don't want to hear me curse, but I think cursing isn't as bad as I used to think it was.

I doubt I'll start cursing more because I like to use the language for all its worth, but if I feel like a curse word capture my true feelings in a tasteful manner, I might let it rip.

It's a morning talk show with a bunch of blabbering women on it...but that's not important. We need to know why he didn't cuss and now wants to.

You know...Yall are actually really funny ****ers. I truly laugh a lot here. Makes this site great. Carry on.

You were supposed to say, I understand. And don't call me Shirley. Woosh!

I am serious and don't call me surely.

I know the swing and a miss was already addressed, but you just nailed that one and I couldn't let Koshers shame leave you hanging. That was too perfect.

Be like "Rip Chewbacca"

Dude, might want to edit your post. That really happens, it's really sad. Low point of the movie. ix is gonna go crazy on yo rass. We get those bad Japanese copies of movies down here, before they come out. This is better than Empire, it's incredible. I can't wait to see it in the theater.

Is that a movie reference?

sort of. the movie reference is from stand by me. but that's, "I was 12 going on 13...."

I've seen dead bodies in funeral homes and such before...but today was the first time seeing a dead body where there shouldn't be a dead body.

Archived