Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

In my defense, this was Helen Mirren three years ago. If you know anyone who still looks like this in their mid-60's..feel free to nominate them.

Until then...stfu.

;)

That was 3 years ago. We are in the moment of today. Not yesteryear.

However, I would go with Dolly Parton since you are asking.

I hit someone's bumper the other day. Very slow but enough that it knocked off a corner bumper cover (Toyota FJ Cruiser). Did the right thing. Wrote a note.

Got the quote today from the body shop. $600 **** dollars.

**** me.

My wife is finishing grad school. We are 1 income and I have a 2 year old daughter. Didn't have $600 to set on fire right now.

Booooooooooooooo.

Insurance?

$500 deductible. So on a $600 repair it makes sense to go out of pocket.

It's not the end of the world. It's my fault. I hit the car.

My wife will be done grad school in 2 weeks. We have done 1 income for 3 years. Sooooooo ready for that extra cash flow.

$500 deductible. So on a $600 repair it makes sense to go out of pocket.

It's not the end of the world. It's my fault. I hit the car.

My wife will be done grad school in 2 weeks. We have done 1 income for 3 years. Sooooooo ready for that extra cash flow.

If I may . . .

My humble suggestion would be to continue living on that one income and banking the rest (first) and eventually investing that second income. But we're in the real world, even if you live on 1.5 incomes you're still ahead of the game. 

If I may . . .

My humble suggestion would be to continue living on that one income and banking the rest (first) and eventually investing that second income. But we're in the real world, even if you live on 1.5 incomes you're still ahead of the game.

Oh. Absolutely. I am cheap as hell. We have learned a lot of great lessons on 1 income. Her income will be mostly going to max out both IRAs per year, college accounts, building our emergency/savings account back up. But that should still leave us some fun money to make life a bit easier.

Then we will go for kid #2 and destroy our emergency fund again. Lol. Freaking kids.....

Just pay cash.

Sucks, but it happens.

I have to agree with Ellesar here and suggest bank most of that second income.

It will be life changing and get you out of debt ( if you have any, quicker).

The rest you can really make a ton from, or at least have the backup money.

Damn, just looked up this Tiffany T stuff for the wife... Really ?

I can get that made for half the price or even less.

I was listening to TNT by ACDC....loved the cool stuff they ( Tiffany's) sometimes have, but I was annoyed by the price point considering how far Tiffany's has fallen. This is the most original thing they have made since the roman numeral design 10 years ago or so.

I have bought a few things from them before...not this time.

Had someone flake out on me for a breakfast get together. Was going to meet with her over cofee, but she's gotta study for an exam. A good reason, but I'm still a bit crestfallen. Should have seen it coming, though.

Oh well. At least I get to sleep in a little more.

What is everyone's ranking for favorite sports team in this area?

1) Redskins

2) Nationals

3) Terps basketball

4) Capitals

5) terps football

6) wizards

Basically my list, too, though my East Carolina Pirates have stolen my heart as far as college sports are concerned. I'd put Terps and Georgetown athletics second to last (I'm sorry, I just can't get into NBA Basketball).

What is everyone's ranking for favorite sports team in this area?

1) Redskins

2) Nationals

3) Terps basketball

4) Capitals

5) terps football

6) wizards

not from the area, but shouldn't you include VTech, Virginia, Georgetown, Orioles and Ravens?  Only reason I put the Ravens and O's in there is because it's in Maryland and if you include the Terps, then you should include both of those teams.

not from the area, but shouldn't you include VTech, Virginia, Georgetown, Orioles and Ravens?  Only reason I put the Ravens and O's in there is because it's in Maryland and if you include the Terps, then you should include both of those teams.

the reason why i didn't include them because those aren't my favorite teams and i treat those teams like any other outside team. Terps i care about because they are the local college team and i went there. 

the reason why i didn't include them because those aren't my favorite teams and i treat those teams like any other outside team. Terps i care about because they are the local college team and i went there. 

Gotcha, didn't know you were ranking your favorite teams in the area, instead of the actual area.   

Im actually shocked as to how the vast majority on here are Terp fans instead of VTech/Georgetown/VA.  Why is that?

Probably from MD.

I'd think most NoVA Redskins fans are fans of VT or UVA as far as football goes.

Lots of WVU fans around these parts as well.

Archived