Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Grandpa's birthday. The time you have with him is limited, whereas you have a longer potential for your GF and sister. The cousin's wedding is off the list. 

Depends on the cousin and how close you are to them.  My first cousin (only 1st cousin) was like a big brother to me growing up and he was in my wedding.  Also, he said they are the same day (both weddings and grandpa's birthday) and in different states.

Being in his cousins wedding and going to his grandpa's birthday celebration on the same day shouldn't tick off his GF.  And if it does, then they need to have a long, serious talk about their relationship and necessary changes that need to be made going forward.

It's been my experience that only self-centered, selfish people would get upset about something like that.  I'm not advising that he shouldn't be sensitive in his approach on the issue at hand.  

I'd tell my GF that as much as I love her and her sister/family, I'm gonna have to miss the wedding because I'm going to go home and celebrate my grandfathers birthday and explain that you never know how much time is left and you don't want to live with that regret.  I'd also explain that my cousin asked me to be in his wedding the same day and since I'll be out of state anyhow, saying no would create a very awkward situation since there is no reason I can't do both.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

However, I agree that it's a great idea for a surprise trip. A little bit older so she will enjoy the vacation that much more.

Really cool.

Hit up Larry for ANY and ALL Disney questions.

Rubbish. Hit me up. I go almost every year with my family.

Look here meow....

Man, that movie was classic lol

They started a go fund me for a sequel to that movie.

Yeah, ST is on my all time favorites list.  I saw their FB page about funding for a second movie.  I'm trying to figure out just why they need funding?  Are they all broke?  Will no studio sign off on the movie?  Does a current studio hold rights and doesn't want to make a sequel?  

I have always found it to be interesting how people decide who is in their wedding party.

For me it was simple.  My dad was my best man, then my cousin and two best friends were groomsmen.  Wife's sister was maid of honor and her friends were brides maids (one engaged to one of my groomsmen and her roommate in college).

Rubbish. Hit me up. I go almost every year with my family.

Yeah, he goes multiple times a year to Disney.

But sure you can be the VP of info in this situation.

I haven't been since Epcot first opened.

For me it was simple.  My dad was my best man, then my cousin and two best friends were groomsmen.  Wife's sister was maid of honor and her friends were brides maids (one engaged to one of my groomsmen and her roommate in college).

That makes sense really.

I start to get confused when you have your niece, your friends son, your neighbors cousin, etc.

Strange stuff this whole wedding thing.

Either way...I suggest him seeing his Grandfather.

Yeah, he goes multiple times a year to Disney.

But sure you can be the VP of info in this situation.

I haven't been since Epcot first opened.

Most of Epcot is the same as it was when you were last there. A lot is different, but a lot isn't.

They did just close down the Norway Ride to remodel it as Frozen Themed.

I went when I was 3 (1978), then 12 (1987) and we camped both times.  Then went there on my honeymoon in 1998 as the wife had never been.  Wife and I went back in 2007 and had the most relaxing time, slept in every day, I don't think we even went to the Magic Kingdom that year.

Then we took Tazette in 2012 (when she was 4).  I'd recommend anyone taking small kids, to wait at least until they are 4 years old, hold out for 5-6 if you can.  She remembers it all, but she was only tall enough to ride half of the rides and she is in the 95th percentile in height.  

Planning on going this year...

It's a surprise for the wife.

Time frame for us sucks though. We just have so many other things that we are trying to do also.

If you go, crowds are smallest at the end of Sept. The food and wine festival starts 9-25. Which is a good experience. 

We went the week before Christmas back in 2003, I think that's one of their slowest weeks of the year. Waited no more than 15 minutes for everything. Never seen 5 he parks so empty.

Told the wife that, for the rest of our lives, we will NEVER go to Disney any time of the year wxcept for the week before Christmas lol

I remember as a kid in the 80s/early 90s before fast passes...2+ hour wait for space mountain. **** outta here, cuz

We went the week before Christmas back in 2003, I think that's one of their slowest weeks of the year. Waited no more than 15 minutes for everything. Never seen 5 he parks so empty.

Told the wife that, for the rest of our lives, we will NEVER go to Disney any time of the year wxcept for the week before Christmas lol

I remember as a kid in the 80s/early 90s before fast passes...2+ hour wait for space mountain. **** outta here, cuz

Disney-Fast-Pass.jpg

usually the week after thanksgiving up until the week before christmas are slow. People wait to be there for one of those holidays.

Even in the age of fast passes, space mountain can be a 2 hour wait. Right now it's 70 minutes. Test Track is 85 minutes. As is Soarin'.

123 south? Prince William pkwy?

I've only been there a couple of times recently. I never got on the highway and took 123 south.

Lol I am coming from near Baltimore

I'd take bw parkway down but the traffic builds up around Anacostia. And of course 95 south up to dale city is impassable

Rictus.

I don't know if I should go to camden. I could even go to baysox games and get machado bobbleheads. have too much nats stuff to get this year

How different is Disney World from Disney Land.

I've never been to Disney land...but from what I hear...they are to very different experiences. DisneyWORLD is (from what I heard) a more immersive experience. disney land is smack dab in the middle of Anaheim. At DW, it's got so much land, you don't feel like you are anywhere else.

(fast pass)

Can't I just bring along a handicap immigrant child?

How different is Disney World from Disney Land?

I was reading about Maurice Stokes yesterday, tragic. The Stokes game was very interesting.

Pretty much the same 'cept one has a free dose of Measles. 

2% of $100 is $2.

2% of $10000 is $2000.

[sad trombone]

I thought Disney World was in CA and Disnley Land was in FL or something like that. Never been to either.

Oh, and good for you abcd! I didn't want my jokes to come off as just being a dick, so I just want d to clarify. It's cool you got a raise. Drinks on you.

Archived