Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Yeah, what the hell is wrong with him? LOL. 

Even my wife likes saving the money.  Her Prius battery just went out at 152K.  We took it to the dealership and they quoted us $3200 with a one year warranty.  I said, screw that.  I came home, found it online for $1600 and replaced it within two hours.  Easy.

So I'm not nuts!

I'm not completely stupid when it comes to mechanical things...I'm ex-military, and have a brother who couldn't sit still, and took everything apart just to put it back together. (If you keep your nuts/bolts separated and all lined up, you can fix your own vacuum cleaner!) I had a Subaru that I did all my oil changes on, etc. I even made the Midas guy give me an eye-shield so I could watch him weld my muffler.

I've posted that "I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR!" before. I am.

He bought it brand new, his company gave him a truck, I got the car, we got it fixed up, then sold my 5-speed Saturn SC-1 that I loved as well, I love a stick shift, but my knees aren't what they used to be.

I don't want new.

I want what gets down the friggin' road. I have that.

I keep a mechanic, who is also a good friend of a good friend, moving along, local economy, you get it.

I can't see giving a loan company of any kind my money...okay, it's his, but nevermind that.

I'd rather keep my Dale car. I get at least one offer a week to buy it. I turn them all down with the line, "I like it just as much as you, sorry!"

I initially did not want to be involved, but seriously, enough is enough. Dude Interjects "her" into damn near every conversation, and is constantly posting pics of his "wife" on a largely anonymous site filled with mostly guys.

I don't want to be the one to put him on hiroshima blast, this is quickly going from funny/weird, to annoying

I can't figure out what's going on there. Is this a Modern Family situation where he's rich and has a younger Colombian wife? I already visualize him as Jay from that show. 

Also I have no idea why you'd want to post a bunch of pictures of your wife to ES but that just seems like common sense. Anyone who seems as proud as he does shouldn't really need to seek the approval of a bunch of guys on a message board?

tomorrow is my birthday. i never take off work for my bday....i should do that one of these years

its never, ever, ever crossed my mind to do that. are you a birthday guy overall, like do you get up for your birthdays and others. I sure as hell don't. 

I do like the idea though, I'm going to give it a try also. 

I can't figure out what's going on there. Is this a Modern Family situation where he's rich and has a younger Colombian wife? I already visualize him as Jay from that show. 

Also I have no idea why you'd want to post a bunch of pictures of your wife to ES but that just seems like common sense. Anyone who seems as proud as he does shouldn't really need to seek the approval of a bunch of guys on a message board?

Thats my thing. It just seems odd. You are sending her pics out into the dark, empty Void. If I were him, and I was showing pics of my wife , it would either be a family pic, or a pic of us out doing something, like celebrating New Years, or, um, showing our wedding pics, which would be fresh on my computer. Not posing in a sexy Santa outfit, or in a bikini on the beach.  That just seems... off

Been going back and forth with this lady (well call her Dumbass) about something I need from her for work. I sent her an email Monday and then followed up again this morning. Not heard back yet.

5 minutes ago, I get an email from dumbass' supervisor asking me status and why the hold up, and she CC'd my supervisor, my ops chief, and Dumbass. Trying to put me on blast as if the delay is my fault

I replied to all, saying i needed more info from Dumbass and attached both emails I sent to to her from Monday and today. dumbass responded ONLY to me and her supervisor "let's handle this offline." ****, you think you're slick? I replied to them "okay thanks" and CC'd my supervisor and ops chief back on there

you started it.....DEAL WITH IT

LOL, yeah gotta love it when the morons start **** and try to get cute in emails.  

Mr/Mrs **** stick with their ****ing cc'in, blind copyin, trying to get off the hook by deflecting blame lookin ass.

At this point I've let a few meetings accumulate on my calendar. One of them is fairly important for me to attend so I'd feel like an asshole bailing out the day before

I should have just requested it off a while ago

fair enough.  as long as you have something fun planned this weekend!  

I've never taken off for my bday either, until this year.  I put in for it a couple days ago.  My birthday falls on a Friday this year, too.  B)

fair enough.  as long as you have something fun planned this weekend!  

I've never taken off for my bday either, until this year.  I put in for it a couple days ago.  My birthday falls on a Friday this year, too.  B)

I've also always wanted to take the first Thursday/Friday off for the NCAA tourney and go to a bar and drink and watch the games all day haha

Anyways, the surf is gonna be overhead this weekend so I'll likely check it out and then go to a brewery and celebrate afterwards

Really no logical way to get around that though.

As an aside, I kind of remember there being some mortgage experts on ES.

Does anyone know if the 80-10-10 loans still exist? Probable looking to move and buy another house in the next year (probably won't be able to sell this one until after we have moved) and even though we could wipe out our savings short team to make the 20% down payment, I'm not sure we want too. $100+k for a down payment is steeeeeeeep.

But I definitely don't want to go the PMI route.

I thought they changed the rules so that the whole value of the home had to be covered under one mortgage. I could be mistaken though. I'm far from an expert.

I've made my six figure student loan woes known here before on more than one occasion. Congratulations man. I literally dream of that feeling every single day. Enjoy the living hell out of it.

Yeah, I think my loan was somewhere near 15k at one point, so it wasn't horrible. Then again, I have no college degree. So there's that...

Archived