Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I do, I saw the movie "Audrey Rose" as a kid (Anthony Hopkins was her therapist, more like one for the parents) and as a PK, I've tried to be super open-minded about spirituality.

Don't you ever feel like you know something, but don't know where, when, or how you learned that?

I did used to have a lot of dreams about being alive during Ancient Egyptian times, but I think that was due to reading a ton of books on it.

I remember Killer Instinct. Really good game. It was short lived for me because it was right in between MK3 and Tekken 3, which I think is one of the best fighting games ever.

There was also a good dinosaur fighting game for SEGA. I think it was called Primal Scream, or Primal Rage or something like that. I remember that being pretty fun.

And who can forget Shaq Fu

I did used to have a lot of dreams about being alive during Ancient Egyptian times, but I think that was due to reading a ton of books on it.

I remember Killer Instinct. Really good game. It was short lived for me because it was right in between MK3 and Tekken 3, which I think is one of the best fighting games ever.

There was also a good dinosaur fighting game for SEGA. I think it was called Primal Scream, or Primal Rage or something like that. I remember that being pretty fun.

And who can forget Shaq Fu

Quit talkin' Greek.  I've maybe played Ms. Pacman 10 times, warped through Mario in 1990, haven't played a video game since.

Sorry, Mr.,...I didn't realize there were two conversations at once, I'm watching soaps, LOL

I've always been a sports gamer over any and all. But I do love SOME form of pretty much all the genres. I'm TERRIBLE at FPS games. Absolutely terrible. From playing four player Goldeneye in my buddy's basement as a kid through Halo and CoD now, I just can't seem to get good at them lol.

If there's a guy in the gym wearing an Army shirt, be like "I eat green berets for breakfast!"

LMAO

So we were in a bar one time in Tacoma, Wa.  (10 minutes from Ft Lewis)

My buddy starts talking mad spit at this dude at the bar, alone, drinking a bottle of jack.  Many, many expletives and gay jokes later, my friend (stoned and drunk out of his mind - we didn't test often for drugs) smacked this dude in the side of his head.  Now, we (5 I think) were telling him to stop messing with that dude.  The only guys I know that drink straight jack from a bottle in a bar are ex cons and straight up badasses.

Dude jumped up and hit him like 15 times in the face, chest, and neck in about 5 seconds and my buddy was out before he hit the ground.  The most astonishing thing I've ever seen.

I put my hands up, "dude, we're cool - let me get this retard and we're out of here".

He smiles, takes another drink, and says "tell your friend not to pick fights with ODA hand to hand instructors."

I bought him another bottle, he shook my hand, and I walked as fast as I could out of there in case he changed his mind about letting me go.

For those not in the know - ODA is Operational Detatchment Alpha....you know them as "Delta".

Documentaries: can't stand when they show someone's title (position/role in the story/ID/etc) once every 20 minutes--if that. You miss it and you got to either rewind to when they first came on so you can see who they are or you can just sit there, have no clue who the **** is talking and why their opinion matters and hope maybe they'll show it again.

(/rant. Sorry watching some show ("Killer Kids"--some BRUTAL **** on there man) on some obscure cable channel (LMN? WTF?) and they are annoying the **** out of me with that)

I've always been a sports gamer over any and all. But I do love SOME form of pretty much all the genres. I'm TERRIBLE at FPS games. Absolutely terrible. From playing four player Goldeneye in my buddy's basement as a kid through Halo and CoD now, I just can't seem to get good at them lol.

I was turrible at Goldeneye. The controls baffled me, like the sticks were on opposite sides or different than Halo and CODs. Maybe there was only one control stick? I forget man. I mean I could still get first place against my friends, lol, but relatively speaking, I wasn't running through people like crap through a goose.

Halo I was good at, that's where I developed my chops. My group of friends would have Beer Halo tournements. Where we'd connect two Xboxes and play Halo 1, four v four. You die, you drink. Simple rule, but you'd get backed up on deaths and have to chug. Be slammed from Halo son! Damn though, hilarious times.

I felt bad, even embarassed that I'd get such high scores sometimes. Like I'd definitely get second, third, fourth place alot of times, but when I'd hit that groove and people were backpedalling from fear right after spawning - brah, my friends would almost be mad.

So I made the switch to COD and the rest is history. Tryhard like a muh, even naming myself PrivatePyle because it's an oxymoron. Too c0cky. I get my ass kicked in COD like everybody else has. Run solo, meet a good team, got some infants on your team, you run in to the meet grinder. Off games, off days, it happens.

People dumb af and listen to like Fox news propaganda or some ****. Dude in class just said Oklahoma just considered passing a law to ban AR rounds?

Like anyone with a brain who knows **** about guns knows that you can't do that. Like AR-15s take .223 or 5.62s those rounds are not specific for an AR. They got bolt action rifles with those specs. I could take a 223 out a bolt rifle and load a AR clip with those.

So how are you going to ban AR rounds?

Thats like saying you're going to ban sawn off shotgun rounds or something.

It doesn't make sense its just BS spread around to get people mad

The depressing part is that he is ex army. You would think someone from the Army would know basic gun stuff

The controls are pretty much the main reason it won't hold up today. The N64 controller only had one stick. So you were stuck with that on the same X-Axis and had to use the four C-buttons for the Y-Axis. People always give me **** when I say that at first. It's always "Dude you're crazy!! Goldeneye was classic! It was the first of its kind. It'll never be bad!!!" thinking that I'm trying to say it wasn't significant or great for its time. It was. It was groundbreaking. But given the current landscape, it doesn't hold up at all. Almost 100% because of the controls.

LMAO

So we were in a bar one time in Tacoma, Wa. (10 minutes from Ft Lewis)

My buddy starts talking mad spit at this dude at the bar, alone, drinking a bottle of jack. Many, many expletives and gay jokes later, my friend (stoned and drunk out of his mind - we didn't test often for drugs) smacked this dude in the side of his head. Now, we (5 I think) were telling him to stop messing with that dude. The only guys I know that drink straight jack from a bottle in a bar are ex cons and straight up badasses.

Dude jumped up and hit him like 15 times in the face, chest, and neck in about 5 seconds and my buddy was out before he hit the ground. The most astonishing thing I've ever seen.

I put my hands up, "dude, we're cool - let me get this retard and we're out of here".

He smiles, takes another drink, and says "tell your friend not to pick fights with ODA hand to hand instructors."

I bought him another bottle, he shook my hand, and I walked as fast as I could out of there in case he changed his mind about letting me go.

For those not in the know - ODA is Operational Detatchment Alpha....you know them as "Delta".

Watched a piece on Delta Force on 60 Minutes. The guy they interviewed from Delta had a fake beard, some fake skin glued to his face, in order to conceal his identity. The story was about how they made friends with a group non-Taliban Afghani fighters, who would lead Delta to Osama so they could pop a cap in his forehead. They got within sight of his cave and didn't pursue him. I'm ashamed to admit I forget the details on exactly why, but I think it had to do with a higher-up's decision.

I think the scaredest I ever got, stationed at Fort Hood, after hours, at the Walmart in Waco (is there anything else there), with my two buddies/roommates (one from my unit, one just a friend from back home), and we're already ****faced (shocker). Me and my enlisted buddy are out of uniform already too.

So we're checking out,paying, getting set to go. A few aisles over is some E6 (Staff Sergeant), still in uniform. To this day I'm not sure what the **** started it, but words start getting exchanged, let's take it outside, ok. So we get in the parking lot, he decides he can fight all three of us, my enlisted buddy was a **** but me and my friend beat the **** out of this dude.

(Side story: my friends on top of him and I'm just stomping away away (on his ribs). So my mouth is open cause I'm breathing hard at this point, I look up and this 300+ pound 40-sonething old lady in a Walmart uniform is running toward us. Waco Walmart security. As soon as I see her she sprays. Nails me right in the open mouth (then gets the rest of me and friend and everyone within 20 feet too). I might be forgetting something but I do believe that's the only time I've been purposefully hit with pepper spray. That. ****. Sucks.)

So anyway we take off and hide the car in the garage. Decide we're curious so jump in the other car (after spending like 20 minutes trying to wash this pepper spray off. Still burning like **** but I can see now) and drive back over to Walmart to see what's going on. Place is surrounded by cops (it's Waco, what else they got to do) and there's also an ambulance and fire truck there. That's a little worrisome. Both been in enough fights to know we didn't hurt him like THAT. Figure it's just the pepper spray.

So to the scary part. For about the next month my ass stands in every formation with a clenched asshole and clench up everytime they call my name because I figure they're going to figure out my E2 ass helped beat the **** out of an E6, IN UNIFORM,in the Walmart parking lot. I already stayed in trouble but those punishments were mainly fire guard, painting ****, cutting grass and airfield guard duty midnight to 6am (then to work at 10). They would've absolutely buried my ass for the fight. By far my scariest time.

(Thinking more about the fight, dude was probably into some hand to hand ****, thought we looked wasted/young enough that he could take all of us (kinda like a training session) and it just backfired on him.)

Annnnnnnd that's GACOLB'S Story for the Whenever the **** I Feel Like Sharing One

(GACOLB fight story)

So commonplace man. Some NCO on a power trip writing a check he can't cash.

We used to go "behind the tank line" and handle business, once the blouse came off - rank didn't matter. Won some, lost some. Always ended in a handshake, and always came out with mad mutual respect.

And the fights between infantry/tanker/scout/arty units. Epic medieval beatdowns. Not even sure why, probably something stupid.

One things for sure, we fought each other all the time. God help you if you weren't military and you started something. Branch didn't matter, we we're all green.

LMAO

So we were in a bar one time in Tacoma, Wa.  (10 minutes from Ft Lewis)

My buddy starts talking mad spit at this dude at the bar, alone, drinking a bottle of jack.  Many, many expletives and gay jokes later, my friend (stoned and drunk out of his mind - we didn't test often for drugs) smacked this dude in the side of his head.  Now, we (5 I think) were telling him to stop messing with that dude.  The only guys I know that drink straight jack from a bottle in a bar are ex cons and straight up badasses.

Dude jumped up and hit him like 15 times in the face, chest, and neck in about 5 seconds and my buddy was out before he hit the ground.  The most astonishing thing I've ever seen.

Thats what his ass gets.

Nobody want the work in Killer Instinct? I'll mess something up with Spinal and Cinder.

You don't want that work in Fight Night.

I have ruined lives

Archived